Science Forums

Science Fair Project Suggestion

zashi

This website has Science Project Kits to test if drinking water is safe!

>>Guess what? No more spam link and no more zashi :)<< Clay

A comprehensive test kit for comparing the water quality! Results on the spot!

Test for: Lead, Bacteria, Pesticides, Nitrates, Nitrites, Chlorine Hardness & pH

No lab require! Most results are out in less than 10 minutes except for Bacteria test, that needs 48 hours so that bacteria can grow. Very easy to use and easy to follow instructions!

They also have printable charts and instructions great for Science Project for 3rd to 8th graders!

All water is a deadly hazard. An inch of water will drown a mouse - or 10,000 mice if you want statistical validity. Water is so deadly hazardous that five gallon plastic buckets in America ship with an appended govenrment-mandated International Warning Orange hazard sticker:

"¡Aviso! Niños pueden caer adentro de el balde y ahogarse. Retire los niños delos baldes aunque solamente tengan un poco de agua."

I don't know why it is specific to Hispanics. America has a huge annual influx that imports itself from Mexico. There will not be a sudden shortage of exploited farm labor from killing off juveniles too stupid not to stick their heads in buckets filled with water.

I don't know why it is specific to Hispanics. America has a huge annual influx that imports itself from Mexico. There will not be a sudden shortage of exploited farm labor from killing off juveniles too stupid not to stick their heads in buckets filled with water.

I'm really at a loss to understand why someone as intelligent as you are Uncle, finds it necessary to be so insulting. I'm sure if you were Hispanic, you would find that statement of yours to be absolutely offensive and also racist. You have always impressed me, and also I'm sure, many others with your intellect, why must you also insist on impressing us with your abrasiveness. I'm sure your acquainted with our FAQ page, maybe you should read it again?

All water is a deadly hazard. An inch of water will drown a mouse - or 10,000 mice if you want statistical validity. Water is so deadly hazardous that five gallon plastic buckets in America ship with an appended govenrment-mandated International Warning Orange hazard sticker:

"¡Aviso! Niños pueden caer adentro de el balde y ahogarse. Retire los niños delos baldes aunque solamente tengan un poco de agua."

:) :) :)

I'm really at a loss to understand why someone as intelligent as you are Uncle, finds it necessary to be so insulting.

The labels are in Spanish. Are you suggesting Japanese-, Chinese-, Vietnamese-, Armenian-, Tagalog-, Pashto-, Ebonics-, Greek-, German-, Bugarian-, Russian-, Gaelic-, Swedish-, Hindi-... and even French-speakers must learn Spanish to protect their bastard get from a creeping evil that will reach out, grab them by their shoulders, and lethally immerse their breathing holes in liquid death?

The labels are in Spanish without simultaneous translation. Whom do you suppose they are targeting? (Other than Uncle Al's first guess)

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/bucket.htm

So C1ay, does this mean you concur with UncleAl posts? :)

posts? I only see one in this thread.

Yes, it is assinine that they put a spanish warning on water and no other languages. It actually kind of implies that they are too dumb to know that water can kill them so they need a special warning that speakers of other languages do not need.

Yes, it is assinine that they put a spanish warning on water and no other languages. It actually kind of implies that they are too dumb to know that water can kill them so they need a special warning that speakers of other languages do not need.

I too took UncleAl's comment as racist (I'm not Hispanic)... but I do have to admit that it is the Spanish speaking people who tend to demand that we make allowances for them more often than other non-English speaking peoples... or maybe its just that the countries the others come from teach English to their children because they know how important English is to success in this world? :)

Posts 2 & 5 :)

I don't even know how UncleAl managed to start this one up....

Anyway, I believe that the warning is only in spanish probably due to statistics (More hispanics are killed by buckets than bullets :evil: ), but it could also be that most native born English speakers are able to recognize a warning label based on color, punctuation ( ! ), and homonyms (Aviso! = Attention/Advisory!). Whereas hispanics that don't know English may need it literally spelled out for them the "danger" of buckets... This is just what I think the US government is thinking :)