Science Forums

Chance and evolution

eMTee

God also discontinued the speaking threw the prophets, and animal sacrifice, on the event of his Death burial and reserection, and chose to speak threw his word.
So, Mohammed is a false prophet then, since God stopped speaking through prophets after Jesus?

Cheers,

Buffy

I would really be scared if he wasn't a "kind and loving" God..

If the God og the Bible was not a loving God, than he wouldn't care if you went to hell...he wouldn't care to make a way out.

Does not the Pope act as the mouthpiece of god? If not why is he there?

I am not catholic, and again..God speaks threw his word (the Bible) if the pope's talking does not egree with the Bible's teaching, then it is not of God's word...but the Pope is not a prophet, and everyone is free to read the Bible and learn what God has to say threw it...The Catholic denomination puts more emphesis on good works rather than salvation threw faith and trust.

Perhaps god stopped after Abraham,.... Maybe Jesus was a false prophet as well.

Well, then not much of the Bible's history would not be trustworthy.

So, only saved christians are allowed and all the believers (and disbelievers) of all of the other religions are going to hell?

You still didn't really answer this. Are all muslims, jews, hindi, buddhists, taoists and other non-christians all going to hell because they haven't been saved?

Are all muslims, jews, hindi, buddhists, taoists and other non-christians all going to hell because they haven't been saved?

I believe that whoever has never accepted Jesus Christ into thier heart as thier personal Lord and savior, are subject to a lost eternity..no matter if their good or bad, religous on non. I do not say this in bostfull terms..but acording to the Bible which has been proven correct in several ways.

Well, like I've said in the past, that means that Heaven is going to be a pretty empty place.

If you ask me, a God like that one is not a "caring" or "loving" God, just a megalomaniac who cares only about people who are willing to kill their own children on his say so alone, and the rest can just shove it...

I know that none of that makes sense to you, but you might want to think about why that makes a lot of people question both your particular brand of "Christianity" as well as religions as a whole.

Cheers,

Buffy

a God like that one is not a "caring" or "loving" God, just a megalomaniac who cares only about people who are willing to kill their own children on his say so alone, and the rest can just shove it...

thats is not the God of the Bible..God only asked of human sacrifice once, but the child never died..it was a test for Abraham, and his obedience to God, after Abraham failed once before...but God stopped him, and suplyed for himself a lamb instead...There was no human sacrifices for the Lord.

It is people like Abraham and his faith and obedience, that God shooses to use for his great work. not only people like him to love and to grant salvation.

Is the story of the Hebrews' jurney out of Egypt into the "promised land", and all the events and things on Mt. Saini that the Bible claims, are they cruddy stories?

yeah, IMO.

Then you base your conclusion on opinion rather than solid evidence.