Science Forums

Chance and evolution

eMTee

Here is a simple story for yall..true story.

this family had hardly any food one day, they didnt want to tell anyone because that wasnt the most populer thing to be...it would be downgrading..they prayed that they might get somthing...at work that day somone just gave him a beef..he was coming home to show the family, he saw that his wife was also given a big bunch of grocries from the nieghbors..after dinner he was so glad, and asked the kids now what do you want for desert..the kids sayed chocolate chip cookies....and all the sudden a knock at the door, and it was a neighbor with a big plate of the cookies.

Now that can eather be a lie or a totaly natural thing....but I know he wasnt lying, and i know he didnt set it all up.

Do you really expect people to accept that unsubstantiated story as proof of anything? You can find many kids around christmas time each year that will swear they saw Santa flying in his sleigh. Do you think that makes it true?

I have a couple questions.

1) What happens when BOTH teams pray to God for victory?

PS: If God makes it a tie, then neither team gets it's prayer answered.

2) Why do religious people go to the hospital? Don't they trust God to heal them if they pray?

I guess God doesn't mind delivering cookies, or brakes, or making one baseball team win the game, but has a problem with curing people's ills.

What happens when BOTH teams pray to God for victory?

a bunch of people go out on the feild and whisper under their breathe "please god please god" a lot, isntead of focusing on the play.

Why do religious people go to the hospital? Don't they trust God to heal them if they pray?

hahahaha, i love it. good question.

this it your decision of what you think is.....if anyone has a question about "what if" the earth was inteligently designed, a wall automatical pops up, and all the sudden, religion is getting in the way of "science".

The only sucessfull government that has no god...is communism, and without god..any free government will turn into one..because morals will not have a hold as they would have with god.

eMTee: this it your decision of what you think is.....if anyone has a question about "what if" the earth was inteligently designed, a wall automatical pops up, and all the sudden, religion is getting in the way of "science".

Asking "what if" is much different than trying to force ID to be taught in schools, and trying to get evolution demoted.

Let's turn things around. What if scientists went around the country and demanded that evolution be taught in Church? And that theology be demoted to mere hearsay? Do you think some religious people might get all upset about that?

eMTee: The only sucessfull government that has no god...is communism, and without god..any free government will turn into one..because morals will not have a hold as they would have with god.

So this thread started off discussing evolution and chance, then eMTee derailed into a Creationism discussion, and now he's trying to take it off into a political discussion.

this it your decision of what you think is.....if anyone has a question about "what if" the earth was inteligently designed, a wall automatical pops up, and all the sudden, religion is getting in the way of "science".

The only sucessfull government that has no god...is communism, and without god..any free government will turn into one..because morals will not have a hold as they would have with god.

Have you thought about responding to this thread so that we may know where all of your supposed years of wisdom comes from?

What makes a person wise? is denying God, and mericals a wise decision? I supose in your mind it is. Is denying creation threw inteligent a wise decision? what if there was an after life after death? and what if Jesus IS the only way to Heaven? I would rather consider these rather than how science suports a theory. It's Like "who wants to be a millionair" and the question "is that your final answer?"

What makes a person wise? is denying God, and mericals a wise decision? I supose in your mind it is. Is denying creation threw inteligent a wise decision? what if there was an after life after death? and what if Jesus IS the only way to Heaven? I would rather consider these rather than how science suports a theory. It's Like "who wants to be a millionair" and the question "is that your final answer?"

If this post is correct and that's as good as you can spell then I recommend you sue the school you went to because you didn't get your money's worth. It's no wonder you believe in some story book like the bible.

I know that this is a "personal belief" in which I have no rite to ask on this site..but sooner or later you are gonna be asked this question.

do you believe in a god? do you believe in an afterlife...or do you believe that once life is over it's over?

I know that this is a "personal belief" in which I have no rite to ask on this site..but sooner or later you are gonna be asked this question.

do you believe in a god? do you believe in an afterlife...or do you believe that once life is over it's over?

Read through this thread....

Do you carry a spare key on your car, just incase you find yourself without the other in middle of a trip? Did you ever had that happen and not have one? It would save you a lot of time and agrivation if you had it.

To my understanding, you eather believe that when life is over, it's over, or in predestionation. This is an asumption of safety, and (to go along with) might end up being correct.

Guys, (when going on campouts or trips) usualy tend to carry the bare minimum, such as clothes and a sleeping bag, Girls on the other hand usualy bring this anormous amount of stuff..the guys always say.."ah, it'll all be cool" but the girls ask "what if?" (prepared for the unexpected). nothing might happen, but was it wrong that the girls be ready just incase..in the end nothing happened...all went well..nothing lost, came home fine. But what if the guys where wrong? then they would possibly be in a great deal of trouble, no one knows what.

What is wrong if totaly insisting that there was a God and Heaven, and (in my case) believing that the Devil exists and that having faith and trust in Jesus as personal Lord and Savoir is the only way to Heaven, and finding out that when life ends, it's over..no more..or youcome back as somthing else? Nothing.

What is wrong with insisting that there is no god or high power..and not making any move in the direction, and finding out that you where wrong, and there is a God and a Heaven and Hell? a lot more than nothing...So is "safe than sorry" a bad conclusion? an agnostic that cannot make up his/her decision wastes out of time as life goes on to the untimed end.