Science Forums

Gravity as another dimension

Time_Travel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note: Everything can be understood to work in only three dimensions and such mathematical necessities such as virtual particles can be understood as packets of tension. That last part was my brain expanding an earlier incomplete thought.

"Packets of tension", I do not fully understand what this would mean? Should standing waves be more appropriate interpretation if we consider these gravitational waves to be confined into finite space (extremely small though) ? It would be as analog to standing waves in acoustic.

I think gravity is powered by time

where it is a force, ( gravity well ) therefore it has effects on matter

but the driving energy is time

weather or not it leakes into other dimentions is not really an issue

now as far as a graviton particle, I think it would be similar to light

in effect

where the farther away you are, the less radiated you get, but instead of a particle

you get a specific action in space time

the gravity well

• 3 months later...
and what is the attraction between two masses? Magnetism.

Do neutrons have gravity?

Everything can be understood to work in only three dimensions and such mathematical necessities such as virtual particles can be understood as packets of tension.

How, then, can you explain the proton and not the neutron interacting with the electron? What are packets of tension? Would tension waves in 3 dimensions have to affect all of 3 dimensional space?

As for the question, is gravity a dimension...

if gravity can be consider like as 5th dimension

Interesting that you chose the 5th dimension to place gravity in. Following the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, alternate realities are constantly breaking off from each other, each with its own specific quantum state. If time is viewed as a line, these worlds can be viewed as parallel lines, and with a great many of them our time line looks more like a plane. This effect is a result of alternate realities being a 5th dimension construction, one above time.

I think these alternate realities all exhibit gravitational attraction of each other, and this phenomena may the what we observe as dark matter. Dark matter, as it turns out, mainly surrounds and saturates galaxies, rather than relatively empty space. Perhaps dark matter and matter do interact through gravity, and galaxies tend to stay aligned with their alternate selves in parallel spaces, creating a massive dark matter effect in each other's space.

So, what I'm saying is that gravitons may be able to travel through 5th dimensional space delivering dark matter to all 4th dimensional spaces.

as for the previous comment about the difficulty (increased energy?) of particles traveling through higher dimensions, I wonder the basis for this statement.

If we used gravity as another dimension for plotting, as we moved along the gravity axis from 0, the 4-D space-time coordinate system will change to reflect the changes observed and measured within space-time, related to the magnitude of the gravity.

Besides changes in space-time, there is also another observed effect, where the laws of physics shift gears. For example, the gravity of the earth will not allow stella fusion. One would need to move higher up the gravity axis, toward stella gravity levels, before this physics phase change will occur in space-time. As we increase gravity further; larger star, even though the space-time well is getting deeper and time is slowing, the frequency of nuclear fusion will increase; sort of a paradox.

This will not occur with SR. If we had enough velocity to parallel the space-time of a star, we don't expect a spontaneous physics phase change into fusion. Gravity is sort of unique in that it gives this two for one effect, of both space-time well changes and physics phase changes. I often wonder what other physics phase changes will occur at even higher gravity.

"Packets of tension", I do not fully understand what this would mean? Should standing waves be more appropriate interpretation if we consider these gravitational waves to be confined into finite space (extremely small though) ? It would be as analog to standing waves in acoustic.

Let me rephrase, all matter and energy are packets of decaying tension or to babble, all matter and energy give off a baseline gravitational wave and the interaction of waves emitted creates a backaction tension. I could say it many ways and you either get it or you don't. To approach it again, let me also give "my" definition of gravity. Gravity is the backaction tension created by decaying dipole fields forming monopole fields and those monopole fields colliding into a wavefront. It is like two construction workers walking towards each other at 45 degree angles and they are carrying long two by four pieces of wood. If the two boards collide and go off in another direction together then the tension from the change in direction is also transmitted as a backaction down the boards towards the construction workers and the are brought together. Now the proton, neutron electron interactions are beyond what I have limited the discussion to here and I can postulate that all day with clarity of thought but it is not related to this point. You see, there are essential dipole bonds, and variations within strong, weak and electromagnetic and then there is the monopole gravitational wave being given off as a decay process of the dipole bonds. You are asking how and why do the packets of mass of protons and their bonding fieldsand neutrons fields differ in their abilities to relate to an electron field, how are they set up to attract, repel, or not interact at all. Good question and I got nothing!!! But I really haven't thought about it yet.

You are asking how and why do the packets of mass of protons and their bonding fieldsand neutrons fields differ in their abilities to relate to an electron field, how are they set up to attract, repel, or not interact at all. Good question and I got nothing!!! But I really haven't thought about it yet.

I think you'll find that the "packets of tension" or "planks of wood" must have a higher dimensionality than 3 to be able to interact without affecting neutrons.

I think you'll find that the "packets of tension" or "planks of wood" must have a higher dimensionality than 3 to be able to interact without affecting neutrons.

"Packets of potential tension"- or matter and energy such as neutrons are just, my opinion, the essence of bound quarks in a relationship that is securely neutral, vs a partially open pole. It's not a problem for me yet.

Hi Vox,

let me take it one step further and state that Gravitational waves are space itself and time is the measure of change in the process of matter and energy converting via the monopole gravitaional wave to space. Wave collision, synchronization, alignment, interference and the backaction tension created by this interference is the force of gravitation. Therefore, I have proposed many eons ago that there is only three dimensions and with in these three dimensions space is aligning wavefronts as it is expanding constantly, unwinding from all matter and energy until its least potential energy state, space.

• 1 month later...

Can you define Gravity?

Hello, I am Dr. Michael Turner. Not the Astrophysics Michael Turner, but a simpleton. I would like to provide you with a solution to your search for unity in Physical Law.  

Excuse me for cutting to the chase but I am a common sense person in understanding physical laws in only three dimensions.

From initial inflation to accelerating expansion, from relativity to the standard model I understand how the physical laws are consistent.

Here is the solution to your quest.

The big bang was a massive release of the monopole gravitational wave, and each piece of matter and energy regrouped and is continuing this monopole gravitational wave decay creating time and space as actions of this process. Time and space are relative just as sound is relative because the operating system is universal, energy transfer into a wave with a constant speed, constant frequency, and constant wavelength always in relation to the point of Origin.

Gravity?  It is the Misunderstood Huygens Principle back action of wavefront formation, creating a tension that brings the two or more objects generating the waves, forming wavefronts, together.

I have just given you your answers.

Sincerely,

Michael Turner

Live, laugh, love

Dr. Turner has definitely answered the question beyond doubt.I appreciate your logic so much. Thank you...for clarifying this for me.

Understamding gravity is a bit difficult to me but your answer makes it a lot clearer.

Thank you very much for your kind words. To sum up my understanding of how everything works in three dimensions let me simply state two overlooked fundamental laws

1). All matter and energy decay into the gravitational wave creating the actions of time and space.

2). When two or more waves, continously generated from different sources interfere, to each other the waves behave as solids and hit and rearrange constructively forming a wavefront and create a back tension that brings the objects that are generating the waves in an alignment that strives for the least amount of tension.

Thank you again,

Michael Turner

It isn't a dimension in its own right, but it does need another dimension to express.

Consider: in the now-famous 'rubber sheet' metaphor for space-time (a rubber sheet is space-time, and lead weights are masses), space is two dimensions, and gravity only acts in the third.

If this were brought down to a 1-dimensional 'line world', then you would need a second dimension to represent gravity.

It isn't a dimension in its own right, but it does need another dimension to express.

Consider: in the now-famous 'rubber sheet' metaphor for space-time (a rubber sheet is space-time, and lead weights are masses), space is two dimensions, and gravity only acts in the third.

If this were brought down to a 1-dimensional 'line world', then you would need a second dimension to represent gravity.

Einstein admitted that he did not understand the mechanism of Gravity. His general relativity theory is mathematically sound but the rubber sheet analogy is really a poor example because you are using gravity to describe the mechanism of gravity. Understand that emitted waves interacting creating a back action tension throws 100 years of thinking out the window but it is correct.

Think about the princies that create sound as an action which to an observer moving is relative. Realize that sound relativity is a demonstrable example of the "principle of all relativity". Dopler effect, shortening wavelength, increasing frequency, elongating wavelength, decreasing frequency. With time and space being actions of an energy transfer process that can be relative as sound is an action that can be relative then underlying principle is exposed on a three dimensional plate of understanding for all to feast.

What I had ment was that gravity could (possibly) be expressed as a force acting perpendicular to the three dimensions we inhabit. I did not mean that that is how it works exactly.

Hello, I understand what you mean and it is fun to explore ideas with the mind. Imagine that your car needed a mechanic and you were a mechanic on the side and knew exactly how to fix it but did not have the time and a well respected mechanic told you that your car needed fixing in 4-26 spacial dimensions and it was going to cost extra, would you buy it? Objectively think about how you would feel about what he was telling you, what does your gut instinct tell you? Now you can imagine how I feel when someone mentions extra dimensions in reality when I can explain everything in three dimensions understanding spaceTime and gravity as generated actions of an ongoing process. And that is where my story begins....