Science Forums

Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Racoon

Thunderbird, are you suggesting questor is somehow wrong in a display of self reliance approach to life. Do you realize that most people throughout history had no place to go for help, much less putting food on the table...

Born into poverty...There is no one born into poverty in this country and far fewer born into wealth than you may think. Most of those people your placing into some mold, have worked hard to improve their status, educate their children, keep that food on the table and know they have done well. Poverty is staying alive, no place to get food, shelter or help for anything. Billions live that life style around the world and there is no hope. They die on average in their 40's, not able to read, write, ever attend a school or have laws to protect the basic rights every American has, once born.

Where does this family exist that a child is born and not allowed to go to school or once there told of limitation he/she will experience. Education today, can be self taught and test taken to equate that learning to gain access to any level of education, in turn to success. Teach and preach the positive, not the negative. Tell the kids the truth, hard work and a desire to achieve even the unachievable is possible. Don't pamper the quitters, free loaders or encourage the law breakers by gratuitous handouts to keep under control. These people in 'in the fields' are social workers, there jobs dependent on for survival of their own jobs. They don't want the truth known and in some cases do not care. May be a little less sympathy for errors in judgment like attending school, not doing drugs or getting pregnant at 13-17 would set examples, not perpetuate them...

Factually IMO this is exactly what happened to Obama, maybe from his grand parents. His Dad was not some shinning example, nor was his mother. Did he climb out of that death trap you portray for 'the POOR'...Palin, is what every American woman should be proud of and I guarantee to every older woman in this country is. Strong women are not that common, but all women are strong in ways most never understand. She displays both, best I can tell and will make Americans proud. Sorry if this offends you, but Hillary Clinton is much the same and women are just as proud of her, as are most Americans whether or not they agree with her politics.

Earlier today I replied to yet another Republican e-mail that suggested that I wasn't a real American because I didn't agree to pass on yet another e-mail insulting anyone who might consider voting for Obama. Here is the intelligent, uplifting message I got in return....

Hello, All knowing Slavish Democrat,

I only hope that OBAMA'S, many promised new changes?? will not be, the closure of all Christian church's, the complete stifling of all other religions replaced with Islams all compelling decrees. Your female relatives all be sold to an Arabian. Islamic sheik. The Sharia law code in place of the Roman Law one, a Mosque wherein you will worship Allah five times every day,..... or else be beaten with a baseball bat until you are rendered senseless. If you refuse to follow Mohammeds oran book enbracing Allah as your god exactly (The retraction of that oath in any way is instant painful death) then you will be summarily beheaded. That is the punishment for not Following the religion of Mohammed.

A mosque on every corner so you will not have far to travel so as to grovel on the floor facing Mecca while kissing your prayer rug.

Your wife will wear a black abaya or a burka on her body, when ever she is out of your own home.The temperature out side not withstanding, hot or cold is not considered.. Nothing to be seen except her eyes so she will not be insulted those who do not follow this commandment or even drive a car, without a male member of her family present; The punishment for being a normal female citizen citizen of this new world is that she will be arrested by the religious, Mutwha police, raped as an infidel, whorish woman, tortured to death in some dank dark prison. In reality it gets much worse than that.

Are these the great changes That are so offered by our presidential candidate who has even said, In public, "God Damn the United States" as it is to him an illegal entity..

I also listen to the many speeches and this is what I get from all of Mr. Obama,s speeches many.. Is he the promised anticChrist? I am close to believing just that.

The great all controllingg Universal Sultan . This the position he seems to be working for that with the idea that he is the promised Western Great Grand Visor with the re-incarnation of Iran's Mahdi as his very evil promised Messiah

Is OBAMA's mission to. restore the ancient promise of no more slavery for All Black African people, when he should know all too well that the Arabic Islamic word for any African black person is nothing more than,"SLAVE" ever since the Koran WAS WRITTEN....P.W. )O(

Questor, your posts so often are full of inflammatory adjectives and phrases.

If I ask you this I hope you won't flee the thread as you have your last couple of threads.

Do you honestly think Obama supporters are, to quote you "Obama lovers"?

What is the purpose of using such a term to describe people that are planning on voting for Obama?

And no, democrats are not perfect and not all democrats are even good, and not all republicans are bad. However, the republican control over 2 of the divisions of our government, you have to admit, has left a lot to be desired.

If you could answer my question, I am truly interested in if your intentions match the general tone of your post.

Thanks

The easiest way to get out of poverty is to work your way out. The libraries are free, education is free (paid for by the hated wealthy). The newspapers are full of job offers and companies are crying for qualified workers. Whose fault is it if someone is unemployed? It is difficult to grow up in the USA without a good chance to be successsful. People will never be born equal in intelligence or opportunity, some people will be unable to work , but in the main, the world is your oyster. What you make of it is up to you.

The easiest way to get out of poverty is to work your way out. The libraries are free, education is free (paid for by the hated wealthy). The newspapers are full of job offers and companies are crying for qualified workers. Whose fault is it if someone is unemployed? It is difficult to grow up in the USA without a good chance to be successsful. People will never be born equal in intelligence or opportunity, some people will be unable to work , but in the main, the world is your oyster. What you make of it is up to you.

I spend 40 hrs a week helping poor people to find job training, education, and jobs. While I do agree that life is what you make it, funding for education is hard to find, The news paper does have allot of jobs but the jobs are 70 miles away. Allot of people have no vehicles, have drug convections that will exclude them from education funding or employment. Just as Bush.. you do not understand poverty. This became apparent during hurricane Katrina. Do you remember... Hey why didn’t those people just do like everyone else, just jump in your land rover drive north and get a room at a comfort in till the storm was over. Get a clue

speaking of getting a clue.. take a look at the latest Gallup pole. Support among Post graduates- Obama- 57% McCain-37%

Looks like the highest educated Americans agree that Obama is the best choice for president. :cat::help:

I find it ironic that McCain touts higher education and mocks Obama as eletist because he has it. Hypocrite. :doh:

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; new, universal, and more liberal laws will begin to establish themselves around and within him; or the old laws be expanded, and interpreted in his favour in a more liberal sense, and he will live with the license of a higher order of beings. In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness. If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”

Henry David Thoreau

If you replace "liberal laws" in this bit of wisdom above, with more "conservative laws" well it just loses all meaning.

Earlier today I replied to yet another Republican e-mail that suggested that I wasn't a real American because I didn't agree to pass on yet another e-mail insulting anyone who might consider voting for Obama. Here is the intelligent, uplifting message I got in return....

That is scary, do these e-mails come from sanctioned Republican groups?

That is scary, do these e-mails come from sanctioned Republican groups?

There are extremists on both sides of the fence.

speaking of getting a clue.. take a look at the latest Gallup pole. Support among Post graduates- Obama- 57% McCain-37%

Looks like the highest educated Americans agree that Obama is the best choice for president. :doh::help:

That Gallup pole was dated (Aug. 25-31) before Palin's seminal speach at the republican convention, when the Dems had just benefited from a boost due to their own convention.

Note that in the same pole college graduates are tied at 47% for both presidential candidates. Note, too, that high school educated or less were poled at 45% to 43% (the difference being within the margin of error).

The next (post-republican convention) pole will be of more significance since now there are four people on the ticket for the general election rather than just two or three.

It will be interesting to see if Palin's inclusion will make a difference in the post-grad perception of the problem.

CC

I suppose the grief that Obama gives me is the negative ads about McCain. All e tends to say is MacCain doesn't understand the economy. McCain says it isn't broke. I tend to agree. There's nothing wrong with the economy. There's EVERYTHING wrong with the motivation of the average American. All the average American male looks for is the "game." The more violent, the better. Team! That's the way!

I don't buy that for a moment. We need to ban the violence explosion in this country. Think of where we'd be if we applied the money from one superbowl toward homeless people and rebuilding for hurricane and other victims.

Ah good, here I thought skyrocketing foreclosures, increasing unemployment (even with the government's slanted way of tracking it), increasing inflation and a bear stock market were signs of a bad economy.

Glad you straightened that out for me.:)

Think of where we'd be if we applied the money from one superbowl toward homeless people and rebuilding for hurricane and other victims.

I agree, although you could replace 'superbowl' with lots of other wasteful things that should be a lower priority (i.e. beauty pagents, military in Iraq, bail outs, bridges to nowhere, etc)

Why do you think Clinton had a surplus? Was it due to his economic policies? No. Was it due to his fiscal expertise? NO. It occurred because of the great profits from the tech boom. His whole legacy reduces to the Lewinsky affair. He was a good BS'er, but a mediocre president and a poor role model

?

Ask historians to rank the presidents and you will get varied opinions. Limit their choices to only the four most recent occupants of the White House and interesting patterns emerge. In a recent poll, more than 250 college and university history professors placed former President Bill Clinton as the best president of the last quarter century, Ronald Reagan as the second best, followed by Jimmy Carter and then the first President Bush. (The current president was excluded since his term of office had not yet ended.)

:)

The Daily Bellwether: 'Best President' Poll of U.S. Historians Ranks Clinton Over Reagan