Science Forums

Trump

Deepwater6

Anyways, since this thread is about Trump, I would like say what an amazing job Trump has done (or attempted to do so) in his presidency so far. The RAISE Act for example is truly reflective and indicative of a true meritocracy because, contrary to what most people may think, we don't really live in a true meritocracy. Even if Trump doesn't get what he wants (and that applies to everything he desires/want), he will go down in history as someone (an outsider) who really tried his hardest even as the stupidity projected by so many in power is what prevented him from being a success but nonetheless, he'll be remembered as the greatest (or one of the greatest) Republican/GOP President ever. 

The fact that Asians are being discriminated against simply for being Asian when applying to universities and medical schools where a whole bunch of Blacks take their spots is simply just wrong. Reverse racism is real.

I agree, he may very well go down in history as someone who changed or sparked a different path for us in history. That doesn't necessarily mean that's a good thing. Some others have done that as well with horrible results, such as Hitler for example.

I see many Trump supporters so frustrated by the years of gridlock in Washington that they're grasping for any kind of change, even if it's negative. In their eyes the government is an indecisive person, and if they could give that person advice it would be, do something, even if it's wrong. Do something to break the gridlock and bureaucracy any which way you can.  

The effort for change in itself is fine in my eyes and welcomed by many. All of us get frustrated by the bureaucracy beast of Washington. Where Don gets in trouble is his uncanny ability to impulsively blurt out whatever crosses his mind at the time. A failure to restrain himself makes him his own worst enemy and hurts not only him, but in some cases the entire country. For example, month's ago when he claimed he had no faith with some of our agencies. I believe he thought the FBI/CIA were illegally keeping tabs on him in Trump tower and making other egregious errors and incompetent actions.

That's fine that he suspects that about those agencies. He wouldn't be the first president to feel negatively about certain sections of the government he has inherited. The problem is, why would you publically announce to the world that you believe these agencies are incompetent and in disarray? What possible advantage could be gained for him or the country to let other countries around the world know that's how he feels?

He may think this running off at the mouth is what got him elected. Maybe he feels this is what fires up his core fans, but he must understand and identify when his vocal diarrhea is making things worse, not better, and not only for the country, but for himself as well. 

This is exactly why America needs to be saved. Like I wrote in some other place:

If America dies, so will Free Speech. If America becomes mostly Black, Hispanic or even Asian, like typical liberals they are, Free Speech will die.

Why are black, Hispanic and Asian people going to take away your free speech?

Paranoid much?

It's so funny how "Constitutionalists" don't understand a single word of it.

As I've said elsewhere (to you even, proving you have no ability to learn):

Calling your speech out as racist isn't an "abridgment" of YOUR freedom of speech, it's the exercise of MINE.

You're welcome to prove to the world what an obnoxious racist you are, and how little you understand about this America you proclaim.

Just don't expect us to just sit here and "respect" your obnoxious bile.

My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home, :phones: (and that's a quote you should really look up!)

Buffy

This is exactly why America needs to be saved. Like I wrote in some other place:

If America dies, so will Free Speech.
If America becomes mostly Black, Hispanic or even Asian, 
like typical liberals they are,
Free Speech will die.

No where did I mention anything about Europe. There's a reason why America broke away from Great Britain. 

I always have to laugh at this, I hear it over and over how "the US is the most free country, with highest freedom etc."

Do you forget the patriot act? (Say some keywords and your phone is recorded) Just based on suspicion everyone is a criminal until proven otherwise (unwarranted searches, unlimited detention)

Do you forget the % of inmates out of all the population? 3rd place worldwide

What about privacy? There is immunity for companies that assist in warrantless surveillance of citizens, blocking the ability of citizens to challenge the violation of privacy.

List goes on but you do not have to believe me, check page 15 here  https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2016.pdf

Position 23 behind 90% of  Europe ;-)

Why are black, Hispanic and Asian people going to take away your free speech?

Paranoid much?

It's so funny how "Constitutionalists" don't understand a single word of it.

As I've said elsewhere (to you even, proving you have no ability to learn):

Calling your speech out as racist isn't an "abridgment" of YOUR freedom of speech, it's the exercise of MINE.

You're welcome to prove to the world what an obnoxious racist you are, and how little you understand about this America you proclaim.

Just don't expect us to just sit here and "respect" your obnoxious bile.

My brother didn't give his life fighting Hitler for Nazi ideas to go unchallenged here at home, :phones: (and that's a quote you should really look up!)

Buffy

Blacks and Hispanics won't allow "racist speech." Free speech means being able to say whatever you want even if it's offensive. Like Youtuber ramzpaul pointed out before, you should be able to question The Holocaust and not be arrested. 

Asians don't really value free speech and would probably restrict it even more. Look up that one Singaporean teen that got asylum in the US. Look at all the "political prisoners" in China. Look up Chen Guangcheng the blind lawyer. 

Even liberal Whites would take away your free speech. The only group of Whites that won't are the conservatives and libertarians. And it just seems like most of them exist in the US and not in any other White country. 

Blacks and Hispanics won't allow "racist speech." Free speech means being able to say whatever you want even if it's offensive. Like Youtuber ramzpaul pointed out before, you should be able to question The Holocaust and not be arrested. 

Asians don't really value free speech and would probably restrict it even more. Look up that one Singaporean teen that got asylum in the US. Look at all the "political prisoners" in China. Look up Chen Guangcheng the blind lawyer. 

Even liberal Whites would take away your free speech. The only group of Whites that won't are the conservatives and libertarians. And it just seems like most of them exist in the US and not in any other White country. 

It's pretty clear you did not read or understand a single word I said. Let me just repeat this part:

That means that Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and even liberal whites calling you out on saying racist things is not stopping your free speech, it's calling it out as immoral and abhorrent and saying people who say such stuff should be ostracized and shunned.

"Freedom of Speech" is not just a right, it's a responsibility. You're responsible for your speech. I likely would never hire you precisely for going around saying such stuff, because it's detrimental to the functioning of my business. Unfortunately for you, the First Amendment only applies to the government, not private businesses.

Thus any paranoia about "taking away your free speech" is pretty much whining to distract from the fact that people are calling you an ******* and shunning you.

If you don't like that, maybe you should reconsider your speech and actions.

The only thing worse than a knee-jerk liberal is a knee-pad conservative, :phones:

Buffy

It's pretty clear you did not read or understand a single word I said. Let me just repeat this part:

That means that Blacks, Hispanics, Asians and even liberal whites calling you out on saying racist things is not stopping your free speech, it's calling it out as immoral and abhorrent and saying people who say such stuff should be ostracized and shunned.

"Freedom of Speech" is not just a right, it's a responsibility. You're responsible for your speech. I likely would never hire you precisely for going around saying such stuff, because it's detrimental to the functioning of my business. Unfortunately for you, the First Amendment only applies to the government, not private businesses.

Thus any paranoia about "taking away your free speech" is pretty much whining to distract from the fact that people are calling you an ******* and shunning you.

If you don't like that, maybe you should reconsider your speech and actions.

The only thing worse than a knee-jerk liberal is a knee-pad conservative, :phones:

Buffy

I was thinking in terms of the future where such groups would want to make it illegal. 

I always have to laugh at this, I hear it over and over how "the US is the most free country, with highest freedom etc."

Do you forget the patriot act? (Say some keywords and your phone is recorded) Just based on suspicion everyone is a criminal until proven otherwise (unwarranted searches, unlimited detention)

Do you forget the % of inmates out of all the population? 3rd place worldwide

What about privacy? There is immunity for companies that assist in warrantless surveillance of citizens, blocking the ability of citizens to challenge the violation of privacy.

List goes on but you do not have to believe me, check page 15 here  https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/human-freedom-index-files/human-freedom-index-2016.pdf

Position 23 behind 90% of  Europe ;-)

Well, the fact that The Alt-Right could be doing what it's doing right now is evident on precisely how much freedom they have whereas in other White countries might be deemed illegal. 

Well, the fact that The Alt-Right could be doing what it's doing right now is evident on precisely how much freedom they have whereas in other White countries might be deemed illegal. 

YOu just don't get it, now any of the people attending these rallies (fascists and antifa alike) are most likely in some database, the most vocal ones legally under surveillance...that's us-freedom for you.

So serenesam, If Trump is able to make America great again what then? If America attains a state of utopian Alt-Right consistency will all our social problems be solved? When all of us are obedient to an ultra conservative outlook will crime, drugs, and domestic violence carried out mostly by these dirty immigrants entering our clean country end?

You can only go so far politically right until you find yourself on the left.

YOu just don't get it, now any of the people attending these rallies (fascists and antifa alike) are most likely in some database, the most vocal ones legally under surveillance...that's us-freedom for you.

You know, about 8 years ago when I was part of some forum having to do with Indigos, someone said something similar to what you said except one doesn't have to physically attend rallies because the simple act of talking about conspiracies might have been sufficient to be placed under surveillance. That forum had a section for conspiracies. Hell, who knows if certain people have been put under surveillance when Alex Jones started to get really popular, or even people simply interested in aliens and UFOs. 

It's no secret that there are infiltrators in pretty much all movements whether it be right-wing or left-wing oriented. Even The Zeitgeist Movement most likely have infiltrators. Here's a great link on infiltrators and suggestions:

http://www.rooshv.com/how-the-fbi-infiltrates-movements-and-what-you-can-do-to-stop-them

Here's a video from The Alt-Right movement on how they avoid or identify infiltrators:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJGQ0n27vc

So serenesam, If Trump is able to make America great again what then? If America attains a state of utopian Alt-Right consistency will all our social problems be solved? When all of us are obedient to an ultra conservative outlook will crime, drugs, and domestic violence carried out mostly by these dirty immigrants entering our clean country end?

You can only go so far politically right until you find yourself on the left.

Trump is likely Alt-Lite than he is Alt-Right since he's willing to send Non-Whites to combat and die when he recently gave that speech on Afghanistan. I doubt he'll deport all or virtually all Non-White citizens. Trump doesn't care about race or sex/gender which are key to The Alt-Right. His daughter is married to a Jew and some Alt-Righters already have a problem with that. I believe RAMZPAUL once Tweeted that Ivanka is a Democrat. 

In my opinion, I just think Trump is like any other mainstream conservative except that he might have a more general nationalistic bent/tone.