Science Forums

Trump

Deepwater6

Odd that you view "conspiracy theorist" as a political viewpoint.

Incorrect assessment.

Of course you have.

Of course you did.

Thank you for acknowledging that.

To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself, :phones:

Buffy

There's nothing wrong with drinking Coca-Cola and eating Kentucky Fried Chicken as long as it's being balanced out with proper nutrition such as fruits and vegetables. And maybe even with medication. 

Oh, and by the way, just because someone believes in one conspiracy doesn't mean they believe in all conspiracies. In any case, I just assumed an intelligent person would be able to grasp that. 

Anyways, since this thread is about Trump, I would like say what an amazing job Trump has done (or attempted to do so) in his presidency so far. The RAISE Act for example is truly reflective and indicative of a true meritocracy because, contrary to what most people may think, we don't really live in a true meritocracy. Even if Trump doesn't get what he wants (and that applies to everything he desires/want), he will go down in history as someone (an outsider) who really tried his hardest even as the stupidity projected by so many in power is what prevented him from being a success but nonetheless, he'll be remembered as the greatest (or one of the greatest) Republican/GOP President ever. 

The fact that Asians are being discriminated against simply for being Asian when applying to universities and medical schools where a whole bunch of Blacks take their spots is simply just wrong. Reverse racism is real.

Incorrect assessment.

Ah, well let's just say your original grammar was examined and found wanting.

Thank you for acknowledging that.

You're quite welcome! :cheer: 

There's nothing wrong with drinking Coca-Cola and eating Kentucky Fried Chicken as long as it's being balanced out with proper nutrition such as fruits and vegetables. And maybe even with medication.

Jerry Fletcher would beg to differ.

Oh, and by the way, just because someone believes in one conspiracy doesn't mean they believe in all conspiracies. In any case, I just assumed an intelligent person would be able to grasp that.

Oh indubitably. In fact the most common practice among conspiracy theorists is that they have a set of theories they disagree with which they point to regularly to prove that they're not just some nutty conspiracy theorist! :cheer:

A good conspiracy is unprovable. I mean, if you can prove it, it means they screwed up somewhere along the line, :phones:

Buffy

The fact that Asians are being discriminated against simply for being Asian when applying to universities and medical schools where a whole bunch of Blacks take their spots is simply just wrong. Reverse racism is real.

Check out the following:

http://www.businessinsider.com/affirmative-action-fight-at-harvard-2017-8

http://www.aei.org/publication/acceptance-rates-at-us-medical-schools-in-2015-reveal-ongoing-discrimination-against-asian-americans-and-whites/

Anyways, since this thread is about Trump, I would like say what an amazing job Trump has done (or attempted to do so) in his presidency so far. The RAISE Act for example is truly reflective and indicative of a true meritocracy because, contrary to what most people may think, we don't really live in a true meritocracy. Even if Trump doesn't get what he wants (and that applies to everything he desires/want), he will go down in history as someone (an outsider) who really tried his hardest even as the stupidity projected by so many in power is what prevented him from being a success but nonetheless, he'll be remembered as the greatest (or one of the greatest) Republican/GOP President ever.

Goodness gracious. Not even Fox News agrees with this assessment. Let's just say, that your unsupported opinions here are so far outside what most folks see right now, that we can consider most of what you said to be pure propaganda. 

Is that you Kellyanne?

But anyway, you want to talk about immigration and the RAISE act, which is getting widely panned, and while you're getting your verb tenses mixed up there, as it's still "aspirational" and even Republicans are complaining about it's current contents.

One of the bogus arguments about it is that the restrictions are all new, when in fact the current immigration system heavily favors those with "desired skills" and of course there's the infamous "buy a visa" for rich folks that is not going away with RAISE (heck Jared Kusher and his family are pitching it hard to Asian investors!).

What it does do that's new is 1) it tries to cut back on the number of long-term visas available per year, and 2) it cuts way back on what a "relative" can be defined as ("sorry grandma").

The former is actually a bipartisan desire: yes you'll find many Democrats who agree! But it's exactly like cutting government programs: every representative and senator has one they like and they won't give them up, so when getting down to the details of what to cut, there's pretty much a, uh, "Mexican stand off" going on.

A lot of folks doubt this thing is going to pass, right now.

It's all "haters" though. Just plain irrational Trump Derangement Syndrome, amirite? I mean, they just hate Trump because he's beautiful....

Well, data always helps. Here's UC Berkeley's (you know, the radical leftist, undeserving minority-promoting school) Freshman class statistics:

I can pretty much predict how you'd interpret these numbers, but let's just say, many will differ in their views on what this shows.

In this country American means white. Everybody else has to hyphenate, :phones:

Buffy

Was that conspiracy show  the one that claimed jet fuel couldn't burn hot enough to melt steel?  I didn't watch.  I only watch conspiracy theory programming if they are talking about space aliens.  Those conspiracy nuts are the fun ones, and very creative.

Speaking of 9/11, I've watched every single episode of the television series Conspiracy Theory With Jesse Ventura and the episode I thought was most interesting was the one they did for 9/11: :alien_dance:

Edited by Farming guy

Whacko organization video redacted

Red Ice Creations @ Rational Wiki

...The news section mainly reprints articles from other sites, including Pravda.ru, PrisonPlanet, and Infowars, as well as newspapers such as The Guardian and the Daily Mail, but also has some original content. Its viewpoint can be best described as fractally wrong.

Themes

Links to crank celebrities such as David Icke and Richard Hoagland used to feature prominently on the right sidebar, but have gradually been replaced with alt-right links. The news section frequently features content from Alex Jones media. It has a very right-wing political stance, as it features conservative sexual ethics,[6] green-baiting, extreme euroscepticism,[8] reactionary gun nuttery, and Holocaust denial. ...

I suggest you get some treatment for those childhood traumas that are affecting your ability to think rational thoughts.

Be careful of what you call "white"....

But we don't want the Irish! :phones:

Buffy

The original United States Naturalization Law of March 26, 1790 (1 Stat. 103) provided the first rules to be followed by the United States in the granting of national citizenship. This law limited naturalization to immigrants who were free white persons of good character

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790

The original United States Naturalization Law of March 26, 1790 ....

Hooboy. He apparently doesn't understand that it's not still in effect.... 

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly, :phones:

Buffy

So you have no problem the day when three are no more White people? 

Other than being at a higher risk of sunburn and skin cancer, and the ability to produce a bit more vitamin D with less sunlight, what exactly is so special about the lack of pigmentation in "white" people?  

I had a class in statics in college taught by a nice and brilliant professor who was from Africa, and he wasn't "white".