Science Forums

Is "now" the border of the universe?

rudeonline

Consciousness, the border of the universe..

Since the mind and life institute is trying to explain more about science and spiritualism I would like to tell my idea about consciousness. I think that men is looking in the wrong direction with A. Einstein’s relativity theory. Not light it is moving, we are moving trough time and space with the speed of "light". That's about 300.000km/sec. Light self is only an energy leaving his source as a trail of past energy.

At the speed of light there is no time. So nothing can move.

From the point of view from a person each distance is a possibility into the future. While we travel trough time we are able to see all options what the light is showing us from a point of view from possible places into the future.

To prove my idea I wrote the following text...

I would like to explain why the relativity theory of Einstein is wrong. Important to know is that I think that this must understandable for many people in a very simple way. The issue I try to prove with my idea is that our own consciousness is the absolute border of the universe. Tomorrow does not exist yet, so space and time of tomorrow do not exist. The only thing that really exist is the absolute moment what we call “now”. To explain this I have to prove that the speed of light is not 300.000km/sec but actually zero. I know that this sounds completely strange but read on and I will try to explain you in a short way how I think to prove this.

The first thing is that time seems to stop at the speed of light. So that there is no time. If time stops at light speed, how can something move if there is no time to move? Looking to the twin paradox a traveller trough space leaves the earth and comes back and is only 1 second older. The person on Earth is than for example 2 years older while he was traveling 30km/sec arround the sun.

If the traveller trough space only became one second older, he never could make a longer trip than 300.000km. He had only 1sec to travel! The person on earth was travelling in the same "period" at least 30km/sec, because that is the speed of earth around the sun. Well, 2 years x 30km/sec is a lot more than 300.000km.

Off course I have to explain a lot more than this, I just hope that I can open some eyes of the scientists working with this theory. If the relativity theory is relative, you also shoult try to look to it from a differrent perpective.. If light moves with 300.000km/sec one way, we are moving with the same speed the other way. Notice that we measure seconds, not the photon. You need time to move.

I would like to tell a lot more about the way it is possible that we can "see" things if light is not moving, also this is not to difficult to understand. From the point of view from the individual all other things you see are possibilities in the future. The person travels true time (to tomorrow and so on...) while light leaves a trail into the past from the point of view in a possible futere.

I hope that you understand my idea what I would like to show to the people. The idea of a multiversum is so a lot closer to mankind (everyone is the middle and the border of his own universe) and our consciousness is the border of the universe. We can choose our own future by acting.

Rudeonline, your view seems to have similar view with what I had discussed at the thread Parallel Dimension and Ideal Future, perhaps because you are also an intuitive individual.

However I may not say Einstein's formula is necessarily wrong, but rather limited. Also your concept about lightspeed being at the unit zero, may be referred to my view as the Singularity itself, because at such level, your speed of light already exceeds beyond the vaccuum measurement, but not lower it, otherwise such would manifest as physical matter. In the Singularity, I perceive the manifestation of Conscious Energy, perceiving it as Energy with Eloquent Pattern, rather than energy being chaotic or raw, wherein with Conscious Energy the source of Data of the Universe are sourced. Hence it is still consistent with what I termed as another of my 'rocket philosophy" (I tend to be an independent thinker), that "Consciousness is the source of gravity," which again may seem to be in parallel with your intuitive view.

I would like to explain why the relativity theory of Einstein is wrong...

The first thing is that time seems to stop at the speed of light. So that there is no time. If time stops at light speed, how can something move if there is no time to move? Looking to the twin paradox a traveller trough space leaves the earth and comes back and is only 1 second older. The person on Earth is than for example 2 years older while he was traveling 30km/sec arround the sun.

If the traveller trough space only became one second older, he never could make a longer trip than 300.000km. He had only 1sec to travel!

Simple. It's called time dilation. End of story.

A wise man once said: "You can't refute what you don't understand."

Simple. It's called time dilation. End of story.

A wise man once said: "You can't refute what you don't understand."

Well, that's a pity that my post is not placed in the normal physics forum. I know that I do a very strange claim, but in fact is this just an opening for a normal dicussion about 'the speed of light'.

What I claim is that the speed of light in fact is something like the same as for example 0 Kelvin.

In physics we talk now about timedilation and lengthcontraction what will say as much as,

at the speed of light time stops.

when you speed up lengths get shorter. Notice that you neven know if you speed up our down. In fact is it the gravityforce that can speed mass up to lightspeed. If yoy would look to earth as a falling appel it can speed up in the galaxy to an unlimited speed. With an accelaration of 10km/sec2 you would reach the 'speed' of light in about 250 days. In space where is a lot of different gravityforce it is easyer to speed op as slow down.

From the point of view from the center of the universe we can speed up for a few milion years.

Lightspeed is a peace of cake in this case. Also I would like to tell you that we ARE moving with the speed of light in the opposit direction of the light. Just try to see light as a trail, trails do not need to accelerate, the same what we find out with measuring the lightspeed.

Hope jou can place this topic in a physics our filosophy forum. Just think about this concept. To proove it with math is very simple. A test to proove it is also easy to do.

rudeonline

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting. Though diluting of some of the technical terms, so that a clearer picture can formed, would be nice. I would very much like to grasp what you are saying. I have similar thoughts though, I feel. And I think if the universe is considered as being layered (or having dimensions), then your theory could be perfectly accurate to the truth. Humans simply cant perceive these other dimensions like time only in 3d.

• 1 month later...
Very interesting. Though diluting of some of the technical terms, so that a clearer picture can formed, would be nice. I would very much like to grasp what you are saying. I have similar thoughts though, I feel. And I think if the universe is considered as being layered (or having dimensions), then your theory could be perfectly accurate to the truth. Humans simply cant perceive these other dimensions like time only in 3d.

Thanks, I was waiting for more reactions but it seems that not many people like to discuss about my idea. My question is in how far you can follow my idea.

Does the idea that the speed of light is the absolute point zero for time and space agree with your ideas? ( like Kelvin is also an absolute minimum but then for temperature)

Do you see the connection that if time slows down al movement also should slow down? Movement is something you only can measure with time. If the "speed" of light alsways is the same in vacume, why not say that a seconds last 300.000 lightkm. So every second light leaves a trail of 300.000km behind us while we constantly move in time and space. I understand that this is a weird idea, but it could be an opening in the way how we could see more then 3 dimensions.

The 4th dimension is already been seen as an dimension, we could learn to see that time is like other dimensions adn exist only in space. Every distance is made of space/time. If there is no space there is no time. If there is no time there is no space.

I think that the universe is growing everey second with 300.000km. If the universe is 17 biljon yers old, it should be then 17 biljon lightyears "big".

The absolute "now" is then the border or the edge of the universe what grows furter each second we exist.

Well, I do not know all the answers yet but it would be good if we would think about the idea that the speed of light also could been seen as absolute zero point for space and time.

It could give us complete new ideas about gravity, dimensions and maybe the connection of spirituality and science. Seems that most people forgot thet science is also some kind of religion. That's why they talk about axioma's.

Consciousness, the border of the universe..

Since the mind and life institute is trying to explain more about science and spiritualism I would like to tell my idea about consciousness. I think that men is looking in the wrong direction with A. Einstein’s relativity theory. Not light it is moving, we are moving trough time and space with the speed of "light". That's about 300.000km/sec. Light self is only an energy leaving his source as a trail of past energy.

At the speed of light there is no time. So nothing can move.

From the point of view from a person each distance is a possibility into the future. While we travel trough time we are able to see all options what the light is showing us from a point of view from possible places into the future.

To prove my idea I wrote the following text...

I would like to explain why the relativity theory of Einstein is wrong. Important to know is that I think that this must understandable for many people in a very simple way. The issue I try to prove with my idea is that our own consciousness is the absolute border of the universe. Tomorrow does not exist yet, so space and time of tomorrow do not exist. The only thing that really exist is the absolute moment what we call “now”. To explain this I have to prove that the speed of light is not 300.000km/sec but actually zero. I know that this sounds completely strange but read on and I will try to explain you in a short way how I think to prove this.

If the traveller trough space only became one second older, he never could make a longer trip than 300.000km. He had only 1sec to travel! The person on earth was travelling in the same "period" at least 30km/sec, because that is the speed of earth around the sun. Well, 2 years x 30km/sec is a lot more than 300.000km.

Off course I have to explain a lot more than this, I just hope that I can open some eyes of the scientists working with this theory. If the relativity theory is relative, you also shoult try to look to it from a differrent perpective.. If light moves with 300.000km/sec one way, we are moving with the same speed the other way. Notice that we measure seconds, not the photon. You need time to move.

I would like to tell a lot more about the way it is possible that we can "see" things if light is not moving, also this is not to difficult to understand. From the point of view from the individual all other things you see are possibilities in the future. The person travels true time (to tomorrow and so on...) while light leaves a trail into the past from the point of view in a possible futere.

I hope that you understand my idea what I would like to show to the people. The idea of a multiversum is so a lot closer to mankind (everyone is the middle and the border of his own universe) and our consciousness is the border of the universe. We can choose our own future by acting.

What a brilliant viewpoint! Rarely do I see such original ideas on this or any other site. Congratulations on writing it and all the included ideas! It falls into line with my ideas too, only I would say that light is something that comes into view when you physically move towards it and sound is the release of energy or 'hold' onto a particular reality (sight is concentration upon and sound dispersal from).

Psychologically, victims are people who refuse to accept this viewpoint (Yours - that is, that we chose our own futures from the standpoint of 'now'). According to them, they have no hold on the present and no control over their lives but just like everyone else they are here and move elsewhere, through releasing the hold they have on the past and entering into the future (You can't stop yourself breathing in and out, no more than you can stop yourself moving through time and making choiceswhere to go and what to do - this is response-ability).

• 2 weeks later...

Just remmember that ur enlightened understanding.... should be kept to urself! -if u are right, then u realise that u should wait for ur fellow man to catch up - at the very least subconsciencly.

--learning to thwart missconception and steer towards enlightenment is what all of us need to learn how to teach.... hollywood does a great job.

ie . try not to be so blatant --steering anothers mind without them knowing, will illicit thier thought toward the end goal much more effectively than just blurting out a formula.

• 1 month later...

Ignore the last post, it is pointless.

Your thread is in Strange Claims because you *claim* to have a *theory*, and you have provided what you call *evidence* - but the evidence is not supported by anything. It is only a set if loose ideas and thoughts.

Thus it is a Strange Claim!

Having a post moved to Strange Claims does not necessarily mean that it gets less attention. However, your original post is not very easy to discuss since there is not much to discuss - Einstein's relativity theory explains the speed of light much better than you.

Your idea is interesting and cool but it's not very substantial. If you have more evidence of the "moving through space at the speed of light" idea then it would be a good candidate for the physics forum.

I can accept the speed of light as zero, or infinite even, but that comes from reading a number of papers.

I quiet like the image of one translating along possible paths in space, and thus traversing time.

I will note for the moderators, that though his wording is poor. His statement that c is zero, is not far fetched and actually can be much better substantiated.

Two papers come to mind. Doctor Dick's and a paper I read on faster than light signals through a casmir vacuum that discusses the difference between the invariant speed and maximum speed. Very challenging to grasp, but very comprehensive.

I would encourage Mr. Rudeonline to perhaps go about revising, and revamping his written piece, with an eye towards accuracy, clarity, and accessibility.

Sorry, I'm a Dutch native speaker. My Inglish is a problem.

The only question I can have now is ask me what part of my idea you don't understand. I will try to answer all yor questions, also if my Inglish is poor. If someone can tranlate from Dutch to Inglisch.. your welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rude... I thought your idea was pretty intriguing and it definitely should be hashed out some more. So you're saying that light itself doesn't move... but what is actually moving at 300,000 km/sec is the entire universe... is that right? So time slows down because every time we move... we are moving in the opposite direction the universe is going?

I drew a pic to help me visualize this better:

If that's correct then one question comes to mind:

How is it that no matter what direction we move we are always moving opposite to the universe?