Science Forums

America Doesn't Believe Evolution

Dov Henis

Well, no America--and most of the rest of the world--does not believe in your copyrighted, trademarked, patented Universal Intelligent Design. If you're not going to discuss it here, its unbelievably impolite to try to up your site's Google rank by littering this site with links.

This is not appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.

I Slay ID,

Buffy

Well, no America--and most of the rest of the world--does not believe in your copyrighted, trademarked, patented Universal Intelligent Design. If you're not going to discuss it here, its unbelievably impolite to try to up your site's Google rank by littering this site with links.

This is not appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation.

I Slay ID,

Buffy

Thank you Buffy for your encouraging comments. Just how would you encorage me to discuss it here. Any time I have in the pass you closed it down. Is it possible that you do not believe as you remarked above thus your remarks (the rest of the world does not believe in your. . . . are you own view?) How can you say that, do you have inside information? Believe me It is not true that America Doesn't Believe in Evolution.

Its unbelievably impolite to try to up your site's Google rank by littering this site with links. impolite is not the word. You sent me a e mail on this and I am answering it! (FRIPRO)

PS If you read the Preface you would see I have encouraged comments from your forum and have placed the log on address to your forum hyprography. You allow others to place their link, to back up their opinion, what about Dr. Marlo?

Thank you Buffy for your encouraging comments. Just how would you encorage me to discuss it here. Any time I have in the pass you closed it down. ... You allow others to place their link, to back up their opinion...
You're welcome! We do indeed encourage *discussion* here! What we discourage is:
  • Posting only links with little or no indication of what is there. You have to give people a *reason* to go there.
  • Copying and pasting whole tracts from another site, even if it is your own words. This is pontificating and makes it clear you just want people to read *your* stuff, you don't want any discussion or feedback.

There's something in the middle between these extremes that we *do* encourage: Shorter, focused discussion points that *pose a question*. Discussion between people does not consist of one person talking for an hour before anyone else can talk. That's why long posts are discouraged: this place is about *interacting*.

Its actually just fine to put links in your posts, just give us some meat before you point us at the background or backup material that you have on your own site.

Now, back to the topic at hand: While it is true that some Americans do and some do not "believe" in Evolution--thus making the question a bit biased--what do think about the question? Should anything be done?

Speciating as we speak,

Buffy

All parties, please refrain from further personal attack. This forum is for discussion, and while viewpoints may differ, it's not necessary to attack one another's character.

Cheers. :confused:

Its about time that the moderator steps in. What happened to Buffy she is an expert at this.

You're welcome! We do indeed encourage *discussion* here! What we discourage is:
  • Posting only links with little or no indication of what is there. You have to give people a *reason* to go there.
  • Copying and pasting whole tracts from another site, even if it is your own words. This is pontificating and makes it clear you just want people to read *your* stuff, you don't want any discussion or feedback.

There's something in the middle between these extremes that we *do* encourage: Shorter, focused discussion points that *pose a question*. Discussion between people does not consist of one person talking for an hour before anyone else can talk. That's why long posts are discouraged: this place is about *interacting*.

Its actually just fine to put links in your posts, just give us some meat before you point us at the background or backup material that you have on your own site.

Now, back to the topic at hand: While it is true that some Americans do and some do not "believe" in Evolution--thus making the question a bit biased--what do you think about the question? Should anything be done?

Speciating as we speak,

Buffy

Buffy,

- Wishing specifically you and generally all the members of this forum a peaceful and satisfying upcoming year, with consequent automatic annual extensions.

- Wholeheartedly seconding your above forum rules and attitudes.

- Unbelievable that even and still now with the scientific comprehension amassed todate by humanity there are so many humans clinging to the basic human instinct that mandates,religiously, human self-esteem relating "higher universal value" to humans than to other lives or to other forms of temporary energy bubbles/packages/constellations wherever they are...

Quoting from one of my old postings:

"...if you are unable to rid yourself of distress and bewilderment without a god of local or personal involvement just ponder what you are and where you are:

Out of the billions of galaxies consider just one, our own galaxy the Milky Way. It, OUR galaxy, just one example out of many many billions, comprises circa 300 billion (10^9) M stars (smaller size than our sun) and 30 billion (10^9) G (our sun-size) stars, with planets and with other dust particles smaller or bigger than the tiny dust particle we call Earth... "

Just being,

Dov

To bring back the title (subject) comments America Does Not Believe in Evolution! I am suprised that this string got off the subject. My latest e Book indicates that at least I do Refer to:UNIVERSE'S INTELLIGENT DESIGN via EVOLUTION The WIT Particle

(1) With just a brief glance at the above link it seems to me a twist of

Excerpts from "LIFETIDE" ,

both samples of "unique" comprehensions of what LIFE is.

(2) My own comprehension of Life is based on what I observe on Earth and what I have been learning about Earth's life. I simply and clearly comprehend the totality of life in Earth's biosphere ( the outermost part of the planet's shell — including air, land, surface rocks and water — within which life occurs, and which biotic processes in turn alter or transform. Wikipedia.) as a temporary grand store of energy, and all living organisms as elaborate temporary energy storage containers and all base genetic materials as "Life quanta" carriers of "Life photons".

(3) I do not imply that there is a distinct Life Energy. I suggest that Earth's biomass is one example of a mode-constellation of temporary constraint of ongoing cosmic energy dilution. Another mode-constellation example are black holes regardless of size. There may be other examples.

I think,

Dov

Fripro: You remember those words from "Jesus Christ Superstar"?

"Prove to me that you're no fool, walk across my swimming pool".

I have conducted the following ‘Universe like’ swimming pool experiments, in about 1965. In my large swimming pool I introduced a high pressure jet of water (narrow ENERGY BEAM © like streams of water) directed under pressure into the calm pool of water, that produced moving vortexes of various size, both right rotation and left rotation.

When I viewed the turbulence in the pool of water it appears to me a portrayal of a model Universe. I watched a perfectly calm surface of the water, and prepared cameras etc. that recorded these experiments.

When the jet of water was turned on and directed across the pool (just under the surface about six inches) I noticed that there were right and left vortexes generated. Some were well defined and others were turbulent.

These vortexes of various sizes were moving along the right and left side of the water jet. The tracks of these vortexes were seen on the pool's bottom as round black spots due to the sun light projection on the pool's white bottom.

When sunlight illuminates above the surface of the water, there is a round black shadow produced, below the targeted vortex, on the white bottom of the pool of water.

This display projected on the bottom of the white pool displayed a moving spinning well defined shadow that followed the vortex (on both the right and left sides of the water jet).

The black round projection on the bottom of the pool showed that the central vortex that spins does not transmit light. Could this be so true in a galaxy's central vortex or sometimes referred to as a back hole? I call this, " Vortex, Light Wave Block" (VLB).

I guess I have not walked on Water but I did put the Swimming Pool you mentioned to good use. (Christ would be proud) FRIPRO

The black round projection on the bottom of the pool showed that the central vortex that spins does not transmit light. Could this be so true in a galaxy's central vortex or sometimes referred to as a back hole? I call this, " Vortex, Light Wave Block" (VLB).

There is no 'light wave block' in a pool vortex. The black spots you saw on your pool's floor was simply the surface geometry of the vortex bending the light away, like a lens would, for the bent surface of a transparent medium is, in effect, simply a lens. If you take a piece of glass (no spinning vortex involved here) and you shape it exactly like the surface of the vortex you saw, and you hang it high enough in the air, it'll bend the light away to form a black spot.

And black holes do not operate as such, black holes are simply regions of space that are so warped due to high mass that light simply can't escape from them.

Indeed. Good point Boerseun. In some languages and texts, they were called frozen stars, because of the infinite redshift associated with the light around them...

However, posters... this is a thread about... America's Belief in Evolution. :cup:

Jon Miller, MSU,East Lansing, concludes in Science:

- "the percentage of people in the country who accept the idea of evolution has declined from 45 in 1985 to 40 in 2005."

- "The acceptance of evolution is lower in the United States than in Japan or Europe, largely because of widespread fundamentalism and the politicization of science in the United States."

- "The US is the only country in which [the teaching of evolution] has been politicised. Republicans have clearly adopted this as one of their wedge issues. In most of the world, this is a non-issue."

To me the problem is that true religion has been misplaced. In ancient societies religion was based on science. For example the caduceus (the medical symbol) is from ancient Egypt and has a deep spiritual meaning but it is used by science to represent its medical field.

Religion today is used for politcal power along with economic power. The masses do not study for themselves, if they did then they would have to question certain points in the bible.

Science has to admit that the things that she observes had to come from somewhere. If you woke up in the morning and your computer was gone you wouldnt doubt and say that no one had came and took it you would know it.

Just the fact that you can have science is proof that it was intelligence behind the creation and formation of the universe and the ancients knew this.

"The blind force of the people is a force that must be economized and managed" Albert Pike

Science is the proof because with science you can make accurate calculations (e=mc2) which shows that the universe is orderly. Through these calculations man has been able to accomplish space flight as well as many other things.

Look at the design of the human body. Eleven working systems in the body and they all work in an orderly fashion. This is why the ancient Egyptians stressed "Know thyself".

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

"Deeply spiritual scientists" will be people trained in the sciences, who would also want to claim a platform of credibility amongst believers....Any case - the idiot ID-supporters believe that the vocal 'Christian' ID-promoters are sincere. I don't think they are. They are coining it on superstition, scientific illiteracy, Christian fundamentalism, and, of course, IDIOCY....

Golly darn! :eek:

I wish I had said that. Rat own, Boerseun, rat own!