Science Forums

Space Voyage #1 Chatter

Jay-qu

But remember, just like Harry Potter, you're going to have to kill off half the characters before the end!

Amazons of Europa are friends of mine, but they are a dangerous group. If you want to do research for that episode, see Fellini's City of Women....

That means on your feet, nuggets! :(

Buffy

Yeah, I just needed a break and to think of some new ideas. Can we retcon out every post back to the AI death?

That's where the thing kinda took a "non-ballistic trajectory."

I think we should start from there - we are going exploring on the moons of Jupiter.

I've got some good ideas for stories there.

TFS

for instance: I retconned this post to say we should delete everything on page 59 (the last 10 or so entries) and the entry about "cam" the bugger.

I'm glad there's still some interest in our Space Voyage. Ever since I went away for surgery (August, 006) I have had way too much on my several plates, and just could not get re-interested. I think I can now. My pitching arm is back in shape and most of my wolves are gone from the front door. I've already thrown in a new post.

Let's step up to the next level of meta-conversation... shall we? :)

What Big Dog has done has presented us with a large option for generating plot, action and interest. It begs the questions:

Do we want to limit ourselves to plots contained wholly within the ship?

Do we want to introduce a political vector in our efforts, and if so, to what magnitude?

How shall we govern the "forces" played upon us by the external political forces if none of us are playing the external characters? (Answer: the way we always have, I guess :) )

My personal vote is to maintain an "internal" storyline. Thus spoke my character aboard ship. Now y'all get to speak your characters.

And I'm athinking of a way to bring a new crewmember aboard. :)

Idea huh?

There are innovations/discoveries aboard, with huge potentials for positive work to be done. However the information is somewhat dangeous as well... and needs to be kept shut.

Then? Perhaps someone could try and leak the info... or use it in a way that wasn't good.

To give a political sort of matter just hovering in the background... like a constant itch in the back for the crew would be cool as well... it'd add richness.

Hey, RTP and JQ! :)

You are right--it's not really kosher to throw major plot bombs into the story without getting some kind of consensus first. So, in the spirit of team:

You noticed the post from Llanea? Well, I PM'ed him/her/it and suggested that he/she/it could play a stranded alien on Europa. The alien was there to maintain a millenia old navigation beacon station and its spaceship went bust and melted through the ice. I also requested that the alien character had to be "nice" and friendly.

Have had no reply from Llanea. If nothing comes of this, then I say we eventually visit Europa and find that he/she/it has died. Then we mine the plot device for tidbits of information, pointing back to our brown dwarf as the last stop on our alien's unfortunate journey.

THIS is the info that I have and RTP doesn't. The news of real aliens in our solar system is something that cannot be leaked willy (or nilly) to the UN without a lot of dire consequences.

[THX] TA-DUMMMMMmmmmmmm [/THX]

I actually was the one that told Llanea if she wanted to get into the story all she had to do was write herself in - this all fits together very nicely, I like it, but it is stepping more deeply into the sci-fi region..

For a start - could it be possible to have the life on this brown dwarf be more advanced than us?

A wondeful plot to build upon. Let this alien be using a generic language, the kind you'd mysteriously understand without learning. Or the alien be able to use this.

Now, pyro knows the being, and makes efforts to get him in. He does it somewhat secretly ofcourse...

The alien is in a bad state, and pyro doesn't know what to do. He brings one or two other members of the ship into his confidence...

Later, the alien has info that is really... well... worth knowing. But extremely workable as well... it must be released very carefully, if it must be released.

All through, this has gotta sound realistic, the narration style must be exactly as required to make it sound believeable... And in someone can conjure up some politics to go behind the surface, it would be brilliant.