Science Forums

Space Voyage #1 Chatter

Jay-qu

Hey Llanea.:hihi:

Level with me will ya?

Your really from the orange sun Alpha Centauri B aren't you? I'm guessing if you are you're actually a billion years more advanced than us poor humans and you've probably taken on an anthopomorphic form and staged a damsel in distress scenario to gain the confidence of the Prophecy crew. It wouldn't surprize me if you've been protecting them with your force fields since they left earth orbit (infants like us humans need to be looked after).

I just hope your not lining them up for some probing:hihi:

Actually you've probably got that fully out of the way in a few nanoseconds and have full virtual models of their brains and bodies functioning within your conciousness.

Brown dwarfs are flare stars, though I guess if you evolved near one it may have been billions of years ago when it was much nicer, and you'd have left biology behind way back then.:D

sounds good to me! i like the idea of me being all mothery to your crew, so fource fields? Done. probing?...i'll get to that :turtle:

I'm going to be ready to leave earth soon as my force field design is coming along nicely. The Intersteller Peoples Community Starship will be happy to rendevous with you soon.

As for probing, Ask first:naughty: .

• 1 year later...
What the chassis of a bugger may look and move like?

Freaky little thing

Thing? ThingS, plural! There several variants in that "set" of U-Tube vids.

One stood on two legs. Actually, it was just two legs (bipod) and a "pelvic" structure between them. Very maneuverable. Some of the hexapods translated by moving 3 legs at a time. Others moved one leg at a time. There was a miniature hexapod with "sonar" eyes that could scan around and detect obstacles. Very freaky! :xparty: My favorite one was the original one in the link, the one with "jaws" that could pick up an unopened can of Coka Cola. Wow.

Yes! Those are what buggers look like! ;) :lol: ;) :lol: :eek2:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have to be "moding" the hexbot. In one mode, your joystick moves the body up and down, in another, the body leans forward or backward, in yet another, the hexbot walks.

Trouble is, I don't think anyone has considered how you automatically program the hexbot to "transition" from one mode to another, or maybe use two modes simultaneously in order to achieve a kinetic "goal".

My brain is abrew with possibilities.