Science Forums

Space Voyage #1 Chatter

Jay-qu

BigDog and I endevour to eventually create a coherent storyline for our voyage, to do so it would be cool if the Space Voyage thread was only for posts made in charater, ie only the storyline. This means we will need a forum for more generic discussion and banter. Here.

Um, Jay Qu, I would strongly suggest that a thread was separately made for only storyline, instead of chatter. The storyline articles can be posted simultaneously on the main thread and the storyline thread.

Then, the previous part will be simplified. Further, moving to a separate thread just to post one sentence of a smarty reply or comment will be too much of a time problem for me, not to mention an extra effort.

The chatter thread may be looked at as nonsense talk thread at times also.

Will you consider?

Pleeeeeease...

Janus pointed out to me some engineering issues in one of my posts. I am going to go back and edit out the issue. We may be putting those PM's into this thread so everyone can follow the conversation we had. It has to do with the module rotations to smooth out accelleration and the weights in the spokes to adjust the orientation of the ship without despin. I would like to open up the question of how to do this again.

My first thought is to have large flywheels inboard of the main ring that can be manipulated to adjust the orientation without having to despin. If we are constantly despinning and respinning we will quickly go through our supply of propellant. Any thoughts?

Bill

hope i'm not ruining some huge plot point with those little guys.

tfs

I like the little guys. Wish I had thought of them myself! I am curious about were you are taking it! There are currently 103 people on the ship (and the moon). So there are 103 stories to be told.

I might not make another long entry until Friday night. Busy busy busy.

Bill