A poll to help me with my project  

1 member has voted

1. 1. A poll to help me with my project

• Summer is much hotter than usual i think its becuase of us
    • summer is hotter but becuase of natural cuases
    • summer is normal
    • summer is colder but becuase of natural cuases
    • Summer is much colder than usual i think its becuase of us

Where i live we've had rain for the last week and in england its meant to be nice and sunny I have had to miss two trips camping due to this.This weather is very unsual ,and i thought global warming is heating up the planet.

And I thought England was having their worst drought in 70 years! ;) the B-man started a thread on this just a week or less ago.

"Drought" is what I think its titled simply..

Its been raining here too, but thats normal. It always rains West of the Cascades from Seattle to Portland. We get about 3 weeks of regular uninterupted sun. But I realize this doesn't help your camping plans.. ;)

Hey GAHD!! That was the Avatar I was trying to upload...and it wouldn't let me! :D (cause it was animated..)

You Punk! :)

Weather here's all screwed up. We've NEVER had winter rains in the bushveld!

All of a sudden (and I've been livin' in this town for about 16 years now) we have had the coldest winter to date, with rain that's bucketing down! We're (used to be) a stricktly summer-rains area!

What gives?!;)

Oh yes - GAHD, that's an avatar befitting a deity. ;)

I went with 'Summer is cooler/natural'; even if we humans contributed, we are a natural part of Earth.

In spite of Racoon saying we have normal weather, the meteorologists say otherwise. (Racoon & I live in the same city-state). Friday before mothers day they warned us of frost danger which is rare so late in May. Then the 2 days following Mothers Day we got record heat. Now, as Rac says, it is raining again, but it's not just any rain it is thunder storms & heavy rain. I collected 1.2" in my rain gauge in the last 3 days.

I expect no normal Summer for us or much of the rest of the WOrld.

;)

;)

:)

:D

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

Local and daily fluctuations will continue. These really don't indicate global warming.

For conclusions about global warming, you need to look at the averages over entire seasons and over the entire globe. Drawing conclusions based on personal observations of your local weather this week can lead to faulty conclusions.

However, that being said, weather will get more odd as global warming continues. Here in the midwest US we have been seeing fewer tornadoes it seems while the southern plain states seem to be getting more.

One thing I have heard is that the gulf current has been cut by about 30% and is expected to weaken more as fresh water from the ice pack and rivers out of Norway continue to increase. This current actually warms Great Britian, so if it goes away, you may actually see a cooling (along with north-west Europe).

For the question though, we are looking at 90 degree days over the weekend which is early for us.

No, not at all. Is that a sign of global cooling?!

It is starting to get very cold 3-18C

It snowed in the Blue Mountains the other day ( reasonably rare event)

Am I doing someting wrong?

A friend says it is snowed in Toronto last week.

It was 42C on jan 1 2006. Very nasty

No water anywhere

"Water, water everwhere and not a drop to drink"- song of the Blue Planet:)

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...