Science Forums

Latex Practice Ground

alexander

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To:Erasmus 00, Alexander, and especially Modest.

As you can see from my past few posts, I am ready to rock and roll!

:note2: :phones: :rolleyes: :cheer: :evil: :note2:

You are exellent teachers, good friends, and I can't thank you enough.

For now, suffice it to say that I never forget who my friends are.

Don.

To: Modest,

How did you get both "LaTex" and their respective "strings" in the same post? In other words, how did you "prevent" some of the "strings" in your post from rendering in LaTex?

Don.

To:Erasmus 00, Alexander, and especially Modest.

As you can see from my past few posts, I am ready to rock and roll!

Yes you are :headbang: Who said you can't teach an old dog a mature and experienced dog new tricks? :hihi:

You are exellent teachers, good friends, and I can't thank you enough.

Thank you, and we should both thank Alexander for setting Hypography up with LaTex as well :)

To: Modest,

How did you get both "LaTex" and their respective "strings" in the same post? In other words, how did you "prevent" some of the "strings" in your post from rendering in LaTex?

[noparse][/noparse] tags ;)

;)

If you put noparse tags around math tags (or, any kind of tags), it won't render them.

btw the equations are integrated smartly, if you select the equation and copy it, it will copy the underlying latex that makes it up, it's neat, no?

I can't get this to work :(

I remember it used to open up a pop-up with the code, but it doesn't seem to do that now, and I can't get it to copy anything but the image to the clipboard. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

~modest

select the image as you would text (so its highlighted in blue or whatever), then copy...

yeah i've been looking at that, i dunno why it does not pop up anymore... gotta look at the source again...

btw i offered the developer of the plugin some help with writing a second version and writing in some cool features that i've though of... he declined though

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some great ways to clean up these and many other kinds of equations. If you right click the equations, and select properties, a new window will open. On this window will be a row titled "alternate text" this text will be the latex or math code which you can copy and paste directly. Although, this appears to be having some issues recently. I think this is only of 'math' code you can do this. I believe u can copy equations in this manner from wiki.

Spacing equations helps a lot in my opinion. Once I found the spacing tools, I started using them, and these are the ones I remember.

\,

\;

\quad

[math]\lim_{x\right 0}\,X^2\,0\,+\,y^2\,0\, = \,2398[/math]

\lim_{(x\right 0)}X^20+y^20=2398

small spacing: [math]m_{\tiny{PQ}}\, = \, \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}[/math]

m_{\tiny{PQ}}\, = \, \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}

med [math]m_{\tiny{PQ}}\; = \; \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}[/math]

m_{\tiny{PQ}}\; = \; \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}

large [math]m_{\tiny{PQ}}\quad = \quad \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}[/math]

m_{\tiny{PQ}}\quad = \quad \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}

As you see, I am using different text sizes (\tiny, \small, \large(default), \Large, \LARGE) in order clean up the visual aspects.

[math]m \quad = \quad {\lim_{\tiny{Q\right P}} \quad {m_{\tiny{PQ}}[/math]

m \quad = \quad {\lim_{\tiny{Q\right P}} \quad {m_{\tiny{PQ}}

[math]m \quad = \quad {\lim_{x\right a} \quad \frac {f(x)\; -\; f(a)}{x\; - \; a}} [/math]

m \quad = \quad {\lim_{x\right a} \quad \frac {f(x)\; -\; f(a)}{x\; - \; a}}

In some specific cases you can use the([math] [\math]) math /math code , and get much better visual results. It appears to be of a higher quality, and better organzied font, however, it can not perform in my experience certain visuals.

[math]m_{\tiny{PQ}}\, = \, \large{\frac {f(x) - f(a)}{x - a}}[/math]

testing...

[math]\frac{1}{1}+\frac{1}{2}+\frac{1}{4}+\frac{1}{7}+\frac{1}{14}+\frac{1}{28} = 2[/math]

[math]\frac{1}{1}+\frac{1}{2}+\frac{1}{4}+\frac{1}{7}+\frac{1}{14}+\frac{1}{28} = 2[/math]

why is [math]/frac{1}{14}[/math] not rendering right using the latex tags instead of math tags? :confused:

I think you snuck a forward slash in for the back slash :bdayparty:

erhm... nuh uh. :thumbs_up :coffee_n_pc:

[late]frac{1}{1}+frac{1}{2}+frac{1}{4}+frac{1}{7}+frac{1}{14}+frac{1}{28} = 2[/late]

I didn't know how to do the fraction thing so I copied it out of an earlier post and substituted my values, then I copied that & pasted all the elements for the sum and then changed them to my other values.

In responding here in this post, I took the x out of latex to get it to display my entries to show that I slashed correctly (I tried putting it in code tags to do that as I used to, but it displayed in Latex anyway???). When I looked at the Preview of this post, I saw there is a space between f & r in that particular frac. What the frac???:interesting: :shrug: :clue: :bdayparty:

So it's a copy/paste glitch, not Latex glitch and not an operator error on my part. :help: