Science Forums

Space Voyage #1

TheBigDog

Our <<<MISSION>>> is to Boldly GO. That's it.

Our <<Mission>> So should you choose to accept, is to racously go to where no fool in his right mind has been before. To seek out new life, leaving no beer undrank, no bottle of pinot noir corked, no Female, whether Alien, human, or android unsatisfied. :eek2:

In the name of Science! Hypography our Flag.

Space Pirates! Arrrhhhh...B)

Oh I would like to ask, How will justice be handled, in the odd chance that someone does something that is... wrong.

I propose the term "Justice of the Interstellar Vacuum."

Rac and I could handle it... after all, we'd be training together at this point and would become highly buff and focussed "Enforcers."

Problem? You better stop now or we'll throw you're sorry *** out of the ship, ala Frank Poole. :)

Might want to rent 2001 space Odyssey sometime

Better yet, ronthepon, read the book. :)

I am so not for time jumps. Screw that, you'll get burnt by paradox so bad. The past happened and the future will happen, lets stay right here and now. We'll worry about (t) after we master (x y z).

Otherwise good job man.

we can use the time traveling to directly combat relativistic time dilation, as you though minimal.. also we can recover any lost time spent traveling! So if we want to get to alpha centauri we just have to put our bodies into stasis and set the flux capacitor to send us back the time taken for the journey. That way we dont loose any time :rolleyes:

we can use the time traveling to directly combat relativistic time dilation, as you though minimal.. also we can recover any lost time spent traveling! So if we want to get to alpha centauri we just have to put our bodies into stasis and set the flux capacitor to send us back the time taken for the journey. That way we dont loose any time :)

Send us back through time?

I thought that time would slow for us passengers, not speed up!

Wow, you people sound like your right out of a R.A.H. R.A.H. R.A.H. novel! I think I'll fit in just fine this crew. ...

Damn straight. :)

I can be found in "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress", chapter 7. In fact, I request that EVERYBODY find themselves a dog-eared copy of TMIAHM this weekend and start reading. You won't regret it.

AND!!!!!..... it will make describing and visualizing our journey so much easier and more visually detailed. Just a suggestion.

Send us back through time?

I thought that time would slow for us passengers, not speed up!

send us back the exact amount of time that we spent on our ~5 year journey - effectivly stopping time for us since we will be in cryo-genic stasis. But dont mind Im only installing it to future proof out ship, it wont be used on this voyage.

Yikes! That way creeps me out.

Here is my idea.

Lets travel at a speed as close to light as possible. That way, time slows for us ship guys. Then as the ship goes all the way where it's supposed to, the ship takes as long a time as it likes and we don't grow older!

So the earth can wait for us to return in say, December 200056 AD and when we get here, we have been in a time travel thingy!!

Something tells me thats a stupid idea.