Science Forums

Space Voyage #1

TheBigDog

Not wanting to sound like a pain in the ***, but could I get a warning next time? It seems as if tomatoes battle with anything more than 4G's! They're all squashed to hell and gone! No more salsa for the rest of the trip... okay, till the next batch matures - FROM SEED!!! Mon Dieu!!! Sacre Blu!!!

I cannot work under zese circumcisions!!! Merde!!!

I'll have to check what's in the fridge for interim sustenance. Oh - and the pressure cooker exploded. No damage, don't worry - but one helluva mess.

Gimme an hour or so and I'll sort it out. Now where's my semi-clad hot kitchen assistant?

Oh my God!!! :eek_big: DID THE BEER MAKE IT?!?!?!?!

Its ok we would notice any penetrations via the leaking of atmosphere - and since pressure is holding steady, its safe to assume there is no leaks :eek2:

I think I might go build an astro-mech droid, somewhat like R2-D2 my neck hurts after having to look up at the hull all that time, plus it wasnt very interesting..

Computer says OK?

Look at this minute reading i'm getting. There is a signifacant pressure over here.

Wait. Let me apply the micromagnets... that should do the test well...

Yeah! See, they are accumulating at the crack!

I'm putting duct tape on the hole for now. I guess I'll apply the hard covering later.

Here's the updated damage assesment report.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAMAGE REPORT

Date: May 24 2006

Reporter ID: ronthepon

Notes:

Checked for holes in the ship hull.

Found minute holes, speculating on the possibilty of the presence of more. Rechecking hull.

Covered minute holes with duct tape. Requesting permission to use high temperature to weld hard covering on holes.

Damage to crops reported by Boerseun.

Recommendations to authorities:

Attempt recovery of destroyed crops and fast.

Where is my soda dispenser? I am thirsty, but if I start boozing around now we are doomed!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It turns out that the "frozen" shock absorbers were only a part of the problem with our engine test. It seemed a little odd that our shaking was so localized to the aft modules, so I crunched a few numbers.

It turns out that the pulse frequency of our engines set up a harmonic resonance in the ship's superstructure which concentrated at that point.

As it turns out, our shock absorber problem was a blessing in disquise. Without it, the effect wouldn't have been noticed until we had been running the engines for a longer period and actually on our way. Now we have a chance to work the bug out while still in Earth orbit.

you can - once the proxies are up and running. You can stay intouch with family members via email since instant msg and streaming chat will be useless because of the time lag, which will obviously get worse the further we are from home.

As for getting actual web pages, you will have to request these and then we can have the entire page and links downloaded - the download speed isnt the problem we have plenty of bandwidth to play with, its just the lag. Some commonly accessed sites could be updated periodically. We could even host some sites onboard (if our crew was large enough to make it worth it). So gimme some time to work out all the funky programming of these routines.