Science Forums

Making Love

HydrogenBond

Funny... I thought TFS created that thread... :)

Love is like a gravity well around which we navigate when in the presence of someone who stimulates us that way. It's like the ultimate distractor, sucking our attention away from almost all other thoughts.

Bills to pay? Bah, I'm in love.

Lawn to mow? Nah, I'm in love.

Homework to do? Later, I'm in love.

Project at work? Too busy thinking of her...

Love is a black hole of the attentional kind! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well from this females point of view, I think terms like "making love" are just there to describe an intimate act in a delicate manner. I don't know about most women, But sometimes I find terms such as "f***ing our brains out" just a bit crass for the situation. :)

(edited that, sorry. *lol*)

True enough Tarantism, I suppose you should have a little bit of both. subtle and over the top. :)

haha yes! over the top initaially, then when the feeling and shift in energies becomes apparent, its subtle and lovely for years...at least that is the hope? exciting and ever-interesting copulation is certainly a huge factor in my relationships.

• 1 year later...

For those unsure of the difference

It's love when you spend the night holding each other and you consider it time very well spent.

It's lust when you spend the night "just" holding each other and you're miffed that you wasted the whole night and didn't get any "action".

It's love when cuddling is just as good as lovemaking.

It's lust when cuddling is the price you have to pay for "getting some".

It's love when sex is a wonderful thing you share but not the only tie that binds.

It's lust when the future of your relationship is contingent on your getting some.

I guess I think of sex differently than most. To me having sex is just lust. If you happen to have sex with someone you love then you are having sex with someone you love just like you can go to the movies or do any number of things with someone you love. I have never understood why people associate love with sex other than for guys using it as a way to get into a girl's pants (Lust).

Love is being married for the long haul, raising kids, being there when needed, working overtime, no sleep, changing diapers, putting your family ahead of your self, and getting some good sex in when ever possible. I've been in love for 32 years, I know what love is. Oh and by the way most women enjoy sex as much as the man so love is not just something men do to get sex, women need sex too. it's best when both of you do everything they can to make sure the other is satisfied, in other words putting your partner ahead of your self in all things.