Science Forums

What would you say?

Iron4ever

"Sweet ride, my multi-headed, tentacled, uhm... friend. Wanna buy some bling?"

"TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER"

"Sure thing, mate. Just hop into my busted little vee-dub here, and I'll take you there."

"TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER"

"Relax, mate. I said I will. Just hop in, and ...uhm... mind your heads."

"TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER"

"You don't say much, do you?"

"AAHHRRRM WAASSAAAAA LIINNNNGG"

"...okay..."

"YOUR PRIMITIVE SELF-PROPELLED FOUR-WHEELED TRANSPORTATION DEVICE CONTAINS A DECIDEDLY NEGATIVE OLFACTORY PRESENCE"

"Huh?"

"YOUR RIDE STINKS"

"Yeah - sorry about that. My mate Lewis chucked over the back seat after a few sixpacks, you see. Well of course you do - you've got six eyes."

"WE NEED TO PROCURE ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION. THIS IS MAKING MY HEADS SPIN"

"Relax, mate. Just open the window there."

"WE NEED TO ...URRRRGHHHHHH... APOLOGIES."

"Aaaahh, man!!! Bloody hell, mate, you just... I don't believe this! You just chucked all over my ride! Through three mouths!!!"

"APOLOGY... URRRRGHHHHHH... AH MAN"

"Get the bloody hell out my car, you sick bastard! What's this, haven't found your 'planet feet' yet? You can walk back to your bloody flying saucer. Gross, man. Get out!"

Car comes to a jerky stop, alien gets out, slams the door. Car pulls away, tires smoking.

"Go an' puke somewhere else, you intergalactic idiot!"

"*******"

• 3 weeks later...
Now I can post in the Lounge! I will pose this question as my first, to all Lounge members for a bit of fun.

What would be your first sentence to an extra terriestrial, if in your lifetime you ever encounter intelligent alien life, and you know nothing about them? The obvious one would be "Hello, Im .... Where are you from?" or "Hello, Im ... Did you have a good trip?"

So, What brings you to our humble little planet?.... or something to that extent.

maybe it would be a good idea to hear what it had to say before you say a word, because it may have come just to kill the **** out of everything. maybe if you didnt say a word, it would just get confused and leave. i wonder if E.T.'s act different than humans when ignored?

hmm... what if they thought you were trying to intimidate them by giving them the silent treatment... and they just shot you to death... and decided that our species was way too rude to deserve to live. And so they start going around destroying everyone... all because you were scared to speak to an alien because you weren't sure of it's intentions.

hmm... what if they thought you were trying to intimidate them by giving them the silent treatment... and they just shot you to death... and decided that our species was way too rude to deserve to live. And so they start going around destroying everyone... all because you were scared to speak to an alien because you weren't sure of it's intentions.

Hey, dude, maybe you're just insane.

nah, i think that the intentions of the ET would already be laid out.

...maybe it would just insult me and laeve, then come visit me in another dimension (see Douglas Adams- the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy series)

the books are totally better, check em out!

That they are. The movie sucked compared to the book. I remember reading the books after taking tests in highschool and stuff... and I'd read parts that were so funny... that I'd litererally have to cover my mouth with my sweatshirt to keep the laughter in. Actually, I'm pretty sure that on more than one occasion, the teacher would take the book away from me for being too disruptive with my laughter. Anyways, that book was great.