Science Forums

What would you say?

Iron4ever

Now I can post in the Lounge! I will pose this question as my first, to all Lounge members for a bit of fun.

What would be your first sentence to an extra terriestrial, if in your lifetime you ever encounter intelligent alien life, and you know nothing about them? The obvious one would be "Hello, Im .... Where are you from?" or "Hello, Im ... Did you have a good trip?"

Now I can post in the Lounge! I will pose this question as my first, to all Lounge members for a bit of fun.

What would be your first sentence to an extra terriestrial, if in your lifetime you ever encounter intelligent alien life, and you know nothing about them? The obvious one would be "Hello, Im .... Where are you from?" or "Hello, Im ... Did you have a good trip?"

My first question would be, assuming they could undersand English; Why have you chosen to visit Earth and is this the first time youv'e made the trip here? My second question would be; Assuming their advanced intelligence; what can we learn from you? This BTW, should be the attitude of all the membership of this forum, a place to share knowledge. Contrary to the attitude of a few that haunt the halls of Hypography primarily to convince others that only they have the answers. I believe the term lighten up would explain the approach I believe would foster greater understanding between differing points of view.

One note; This observation was not directed at you Iron4ever, like yourself, most of the membership here are seeking answers. There are a few however that never ask any questions but instead, are so full of themselves, they offer nothing but their own opinions. Beware of those that never ask honest questions, they have convinced themselves of their superiority and are now dead set on convincing others.

My first question would be, assuming they could undersand English; Why have you chosen to visit Earth and is this the first time youv'e made the trip here? My second question would be; Assuming their advanced intelligence; what can we learn from you? This BTW, should be the attitude of all the membership of this forum, a place to share knowledge. Contrary to the attitude of a few that haunt the halls of Hypography primarily to convince others that only they have the answers. I believe the term lighten up would explain the approach I believe would foster greater understanding between differing points of view.

One note; This observation was not directed at you Iron4ever, like yourself, most of the membership here are seeking answers. There are a few however that never ask any questions but instead, are so full of themselves, they offer nothing but their own opinions. Beware of those that never ask honest questions, they have convinced themselves of their superiority and are now dead set on convincing others.

Couldnt agree more, we are all seeking answers, in my opinion we all have to remain open minded to the views of everyone we meet, and make our own judgements based on them views as well as the facts. Incidently I only posted the question to see if anyone comes up with something which would be a good icebreaker. Would you ask your questions without even introducing yourself?

Let's see... I would first go with Tormod's "What the f**k..." but it wouldn't be something I said to the extra terrestrial... just more of an awed utterance I made upon seeing it... Then "Can you understand me?". Assuming a "Yes." answer, then "Where are you from?". Followed by "Why are you here?". I'd just roll with it from that point :hihi:.

well to be honest my first curiosity would be this:

what if one of the natural balances of the universe stated that concious beings had the amazing capability to step into non-ordinary realities!? there must be chemicals or methods or GOD KNOWS WHAT (hah!) that alien life forms indulge with. i would be curious to know what these chemicals, methods, and god-knows-whats are and how they affect the alien...mind...