Science Forums

UFO!

Tim_Lou

If einstein is correct there could be a million civilazatrions in the galaxy and we would never have contact, especially when you spread them over time as well as space.

I'd amend that boldened 'would' to a 'could' to match the premise.

Some Indian poetry seems to indicate a great battle with nuclear weapons but that was too long ago to check it out.

Not if these accounts refer to a giant rock from space hitting Earth, which produces many of the same effects as a nulear blast but on a far larger scale.

Maybe civilizations don't last long enough for various reasons to conquer space. with our current tecnology, if we really wanted to , we could occupy every habital planet in the galaxy in about 250,000 years.

Again, giant rock from space. Current study shows how real a possibility it is, as well as our almost complete unpreparedness to either prevent or survive it.

A blink in cosmic time, so where they? Maybe no where, maybe everywhere. One of the most convincing sightings i have read about involved the crew of a b-52 bomber. they reported a huge object on radar and visually. It seemed to be real in one sweep of the radar but not the next. every other radar sweep seemed to almost disapear. these were highly trained men who had the responsability to deliver nuclear weapons. if they were seeing things them we really are in trouble.

Michael

If offworlders are here & don't want to be seen, it seems reasonable they have the means to remain hidden. It is a fascinating possibility and I am of the mind that chaos favors the prepared imagination and mine is prepared to see the proof. :)

with our current tecnology, if we really wanted to , we could occupy every habital planet in the galaxy in about 250,000 years.

As the Milky Way is 100,000 light years wide, it would take about 100,000 years to reach its furthest extent if we could travel at the speed of light. So in order to travel the galaxy one way in 250,000 years would require that we travel at about 63% the speed of sound. With our current technology, we are very, very, very far away from achieving anything close to those speeds in a transport craft.

I'd amend that boldened 'would' to a 'could' to match the premise.

Not if these accounts refer to a giant rock from space hitting Earth, which produces many of the same effects as a nulear blast but on a far larger scale.

Again, giant rock from space. Current study shows how real a possibility it is, as well as our almost complete unpreparedness to either prevent or survive it.

If offworlders are here & don't want to be seen, it seems reasonable they have the means to remain hidden. It is a fascinating possibility and I am of the mind that chaos favors the prepared imagination and mine is prepared to see the proof. ;)

I appreceate correcting my grammer, sometimes my mind goes faster than i can type . If you had read the epic poems from india you wouldn't think big rock, it describes in great detail two waring parties both using "A weapon with all the power in the universe" One party was from space the other was from Earth, I guess we lost. I'm ready any time if aleins come down at the white house or my back yard but now days with all the digital special effects it's difficult to believe anymore but I've seen some films and photos from before the age of faking anything that I would like to know what they were.

Michael

I appreceate correcting my grammer, sometimes my mind goes faster than i can type . If you had read the epic poems from india you wouldn't think big rock, it describes in great detail two waring parties both using "A weapon with all the power in the universe" One party was from space the other was from Earth, I guess we lost. I'm ready any time if aleins come down at the white house or my back yard but now days with all the digital special effects it's difficult to believe anymore but I've seen some films and photos from before the age of faking anything that I would like to know what they were.

Michael

In fact I keep an online version of these texts in my favorites for regular reference.:hyper: Keeping in mind these are after all stories of stories, it is not unexpected they tie such catastrophes to whatever conflicts or other societal matters they have going on concurrent with the event and or the making of the record. ;)

Sacred-Texts: Hinduism

• 1 month later...

Not often the mainstream media covers UFO sightings, and certainly they seldom do it without the obligatory sniggering. Anyway, FWIW, any of you hear this story? :hihi::shrug::confused:

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 133,000 for UFO over Texas

Dozens Report UFO Over Texas Town , Many, Including Pilot, Constable Describe Similar Huge Craft Flying Low Over Stephenville - CBS News

AP) In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people - including a pilot, county constable and business owners - insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it. ...

• 3 weeks later...
Not often the mainstream media covers UFO sightings, and certainly they seldom do it without the obligatory sniggering. Anyway, FWIW, any of you hear this story? :Alien::eplane::turtle:

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 133,000 for UFO over Texas

Dozens Report UFO Over Texas Town , Many, Including Pilot, Constable Describe Similar Huge Craft Flying Low Over Stephenville - CBS News

The plot thickens: American Chronicle | Local reporter on Texas UFO case leaves newspaper; integrity of local, national news media explored

Personally, I think these extremely large dark craft, triangular or otherwise, are military dirigibles used for sustained flight recon. Maybe they come down sometimes because of malfunction, sometimes to restore and re-crew, and some times to take on Helium. Gee, where do we get our Helium? :doh: :eplane: :shy:

The plot thickens: American Chronicle | Local reporter on Texas UFO case leaves newspaper; integrity of local, national news media explored

Personally, I think these extremely large dark craft, triangular or otherwise, are military dirigibles used for sustained flight recon. Maybe they come down sometimes because of malfunction, sometimes to restore and re-crew, and some times to take on Helium. Gee, where do we get our Helium? ;) :read: :hihi:

Where the hell are you going to hide something that large in the sky during daylight hours, if it's a balloon that doesn't come down to Earth? (Here is the weather forecast - clear all day, all over the world)

By the way, by coincidence,a UFO was accidently photographed by somebody on their way home from work in the UK (Hab Rahman). It was a foggy night and he decided to take a snap of it but when he downloaded it onto his computer, he spotted the UFO (Metro, February 13th and most probably in national British papers):)

Where the hell are you going to hide something that large in the sky during daylight hours, if it's a balloon that doesn't come down to Earth? (Here is the weather forecast - clear all day, all over the world)

During daylight, a white color on the belly at 60,000 feet would be pretty tough to spot. More likely to me is they use a color changing covering, given the night sightings describing these large objects as black. Think sun-sensing eye-glasses that change color.

Back in the 30's, the Akron and the Macon were nearly 800 feet long. Add todays materials science, computer control mechanisms used in supersonic jets, and a triangular form rather than cylindrical, and you got yerself a dandy aircraft. :read: :hihi:

Michael

What you say about chaos favouring the unprepared mind is interesting but I'd put it this way: I believe the innocent are contacted rather than officialdom because it is easier to play tricks on them (get through to them as they are not so guarded i.e. prejudiced in their thoughts/ expecting something. It's easier to let your mind run riot on a blank canvas)

During daylight, a white color on the belly at 60,000 feet would be pretty tough to spot. More likely to me is they use a color changing covering, given the night sightings describing these large objects as black. Think sun-sensing eye-glasses that change color.

Back in the 30's, the Akron and the Macon were nearly 800 feet long. Add todays materials science, computer control mechanisms used in supersonic jets, and a triangular form rather than cylindrical, and you got yerself a dandy aircraft. :read: :hihi:

Well that answers that: By the way did you see the clip of a large triangular 'white' UFO flying over soviet airspace as featured in documentary 'KGB UFO Secrets Exposed,' hosted by Roger Moore?

Well that answers that: By the way did you see the clip of a large triangular 'white' UFO flying over soviet airspace as featured in documentary 'KGB UFO Secrets Exposed,' hosted by Roger Moore?

Sounds vaguely familiar, yes. You may want to refresh me if it's a key however, because I don't think all UFO's are the same thing.

On the helium, looks like they better try to figure out how to use hydrogen safely as this article says the reserves are running out and non-replenishable. :) :hihi: :read:

Helium Supplies Endangered, Threatening Science And Technology

The element that lifts things like balloons, spirits and voice ranges is being depleted so rapidly in the world's largest reserve, outside of Amarillo, Texas, that supplies are expected to be depleted there within the next eight years.

This deflates more than the Goodyear blimp and party favors. Its larger impact is on science and technology, according to Lee Sobotka, Ph.D., professor of chemistry and physics in Arts & Sciences at Washington University in St. Louis. ...

• 3 months later...

Any UFO enthusiasts keeping up on the 'aerial drone' UFOs? Linda Moulton Howe has a nice summary of articles & interviews at the bottom of this page: >> Earthfiles.com Environment | Dragonfly Drones - Surveillance Technology?

May 9, 2008 Camas, Washington - A year ago on May 4, 2007, Coast to Coast AM webmaster, Lex, received an email from a Central California resident who called himself “Chad” about his photographing an odd, dragonfly-shaped, aerial object. In an email a week later, Chad sent some of his photographs dated May 6, 2007. [ See: 051507 Earthfiles for photos.] In addition to the dragonfly-shaped body that had appendages sticking out from a large ring, there was another odd feature. Rising from the ring straight up into the air were slightly curved, thin wires that formed a tall, circular crown above the dragonfly body. Chad was worried about his family's safety and health after he saw the bizarre aerial object at least eight times from his house and on hikes near his home and heard a low, electrostatic hum coming from it. Neighbors, he said, had also seen the unidentified aerial object.

Other 2007 photographs of dragonfly-shaped aerial objects began to emerge between May and June from Lake Tahoe, Capitola and Big Basin, California – all with appendages sticking out from a ring and the tall, thin wires extending high above. [ See More Information below.]...

Interestingly, the main story on the page is about a sighting over Lacamas Lake, which is about 2 miles South of the Lechtenberg Park I have been reporting on here at Hypography. I have also video recorded a Bald Eagle in the trees surrounding the lake; I'll keep out the usual Eagle Eye on future trips to the area. :(

Any UFO enthusiasts keeping up on the 'aerial drone' UFOs? Linda Moulton Howe has a nice summary of articles & interviews at the bottom of this page: >> Earthfiles.com Environment | Dragonfly Drones - Surveillance Technology?

Interestingly, the main story on the page is about a sighting over Lacamas Lake, which is about 2 miles South of the Lechtenberg Park I have been reporting on here at Hypography. I have also video recorded a Bald Eagle in the trees surrounding the lake; I'll keep out the usual Eagle Eye on future trips to the area. :shrug:

Keep your eyes open and your camera ready turtle, i am prety much convinced these UFOs are photo shoped but if you get a pic I'll beieve you.

Keep your eyes open and your camera ready turtle, i am prety much convinced these UFOs are photo shoped but if you get a pic I'll beieve you.

In the case of the Lacamas sighting, there is no photo; there is an eye-witness account and some drawings/paintings afterward. I did see the early photos in California & I recall the UFO is near a power line. :shrug: I point this fact out because just 1 mile North of Lacamas Lake is a 345 KV transmission line. Perhaps these devices are surveying the lines and/or using their emanating field as a power source?

Transmission lines recieve regular inspection by air & ground and it requires people & equipment that is expensive. If this is such a device, the secrecy might be in protecting patents on the propulsion, which is is no where apparent in any of the sightings. :shrug:

I'm on it like buzz on a plasma. :) :magic: :eek2:

• 5 years later...

We have more UFO threads than you can shake an alien at, but this one appears to be the oldest and you directly gave me an assignment. Also I like it because it has posts by FreeThinker.

So, I saw this formation of UFO's last night over Portland and grabbed my camera. I wish I had the control tower radio going in the back instead of the television, but oh well. I expect this is a flight of choppers from the Air National Guard base at PDX, but let the wild speculations ensue. Toward the end of the vid I switched the cam to infrared mode. Aliens crashed my U-Tub channel so I'm trying Vimeo. Hopefully it works long enough to get the truth out there before they find me again. :alien_dance:

https://vimeo.com/75151166

UFO PDX from Thelonious George on Vimeo

EDIT: trying to figure out how to get the preview/embedding to work. Thnx 4 your patience.

Edited by Turtle

We have more UFO threads than you can shake an alien at, but this one appears to be the oldest and you directly gave me an assignment. Also I like it because it has posts by FreeThinker.

So, I saw this formation of UFO's last night over Portland and grabbed my camera. I wish I had the control tower radio going in the back instead of the television, but oh well. I expect this is a flight of choppers from the Air National Guard base at PDX, but let the wild speculations ensue. Toward the end of the vid I switched the cam to infrared mode. Aliens crashed my U-Tub channel so I'm trying Vimeo. Hopefully it works long enough to get the truth out there before they find me again. :alien_dance:

https://vimeo.com/75151166

They certainly act like helicopters turtle... what is your you tube channel?

Here is a helicopter and UFO taken just a few days ago in Syria...