Science Forums

UFO!

Tim_Lou

Oh Mr. Turtle, why is it that you get to you have all the fun.

I think Mr. Moon's sig. says it best "Never wrestle a troll. You both get dirty and the troll likes it" (good grief we have a moonman, a mountain, a moontanman and a plethora of other moons here!).

Now to the Syria vid, anyone with eyes can clearly see it's a Winnebago.

snip...

Not only am I not having fun, I am disheartened. :ohdear:

Seriously Turtle, do those object appear to be moving as kites would? I'm not going to say they are aliens but they do look like TR3b's...

I'm not holding my breath that MoonTan will give any future effort to studying kites, reading the kite thread, or in any way seriously consider my scientific arguments for how the Syrian UFO video might be of barrage kites. As there is only still 1 view of the kite vid I put up of a similar looking/acting kite to the UFO's in the Syrian recording, and if Aethel is the 1 who watched it, then Moontan still has not. If I'm the troll, then he doesn't stand behind his sig because he pushed me right into the squared circle for a bout.

As with many folks my age who have a scientific bent, I am interested and well steeped in the UFO phenomenon for scores of years and the resultant field of Ufology. My expertise concerning kites gives me a unique set of tools to evaluate some UFO cases and I apply those tools when appropriate. Note that earlier in the thread when I brought up the Lacamas Lake sighting I made no mention of kites whatsoever.

The staff may not like my confrontational retorts, but they are not surprised by it either. Worm I may be, turn I may take.

So, the Syrian video. What in it discredits my idea the UFO's may be barrage kites/balloons/kytoons?

I don't think moon called you a troll, for that matter nor did I. I was quoting Moon's sig. as it seemed apropo for the latest round of posts from Aemilius's best student.

If you were to kindly save me the search I'd gladly watch both the Syrian vid and your kite vid. As you (should) know from your own research and the results of my own over-enthusiastic flying there's plenty of good data to support your point of view.

I don't think moon called you a troll, for that matter nor did I. I was quoting Moon's sig. as it seemed apropo for the latest round of posts from Aemilius's best student.

If you were to kindly save me the search I'd gladly watch both the Syrian vid and your kite vid. As you (should) know from your own research and the results of my own over-enthusiastic flying there's plenty of good data to support your point of view.

I wasn't suggesting you or TanMoonMan called me a troll, only that Moontan does not adhere to his own sig advice.

I still haven't figured out how to get a preview to display, but here are the links.

My kite that looks/behave similar to Syrian vid: http://vimeo.com/75158853

My video of the UFO's I recorded last night over Portland OR: http://vimeo.com/75151166

MoonTanMan's Syria UFO vid:

Edited by Turtle

Wow you gots some traffic there!

How much altitude was tilda giving up in the shots where it looks like her line slacks a good deal?

The Syrian vid looks like a delta train with the lower on a traveler to me. With another further off.

Your vid immediately reminds me of the sterno fueled mini hot air balloons which folk with a fair amount of frequency set loose around here...they cover a good deal of sky fairly rapidly like in the vid, have a similar shape and overall appearance. Hard to get a good judge of ground wind speed, but that's not entirely relevant anyway (from my experience).

Wow you gots some traffic there!

How much altitude was tilda giving up in the shots where it looks like her line slacks a good deal?

The Syrian vid looks like a delta train with the lower on a traveler to me. With another further off.

Your vid immediately reminds me of the sterno fueled mini hot air balloons which folk with a fair amount of frequency set loose around here...they cover a good deal of sky fairly rapidly like in the vid, have a similar shape and overall appearance. Hard to get a good judge of ground wind speed, but that's not entirely relevant anyway (from my experience).

Traffic at Vimeo you mean? Just now I see 4 views of my kite and 3 of the Portland UFOs/lights/choppers. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick I guess. :jab: :cyclops: :lol:

Matilda was out on about 200ft of line so maybe only 125 ft up or so.

I agree the Syrian vid looks like 2 kites stacked at first. Given how they change appearance & position, they may well have been 2 separate kites. Moreover, they may well be 2-line controllable/stunt kites. Inspite of all the new controllable kites of this type, it's old technology and the US military built 1000s of 2-line controllable kites and trained hundreds of soldiers to fly them. They were painted with aircraft outlines and used for gunnery practice.

source

Gee. Maybe we're still doing it & painting them to look like TR3Bs and supplying them to the Syrian rebels. [Note that the existance of the TR3B has never been confirmed.]

As to my Portland UFO's I have little doubt they are choppers from the air base over there as I said. Even so, what you can see of the bodies in my vid looks more rounded/dome shaped than I would expect of an elongated chopper. Just goes to the point of what a UFO is and what it looks like don't always jibe.Even had I been tuned in to PDX tower radio, military traffic uses cryptic call signs & only communicates with the tower when their activity may affect commercial operations or be affected by same. I have watched the same patch of sky for years, but never saw a formation such as I recorded before.Yeah; I'm not interested. :doh:

Thanks for the serious input Double-D. :thumbs_up

Actually I was talking about the truck traffic

Just goes to the point of what a UFO is and what it looks like don't always jibe.

Agreed, I initially was thinking aircraft, but the siluet looked wrong and the light looked like flame to me...

Stunt kites, multiple lines, differing ground control locations check. Training kites maybe...though if I were to bank on what kind of aircraft they were to simulate I'd think B2...buuuuuuuuut....this looks very familiar...I'm off to find out just WFT it is. (besides an interesting CGI) ....Still thinking

Edited by DFINITLYDISTRUBD

Actually I was talking about the truck traffic

Oh. Yeah; it comes & goes depending on construction projects. Quite a few quarries nearby. :steering:

I initially was thinking aircraft, but the siluet looked wrong and the light looked like flame to me...
The flickering may have to do with their movement, my hand-held shooting, and atmosphere. Still UFO's. I fairly flew off the chair, grabbed the cam, ripped up the shade & flung open the window to get the shot.

Stunt kites, multiple lines, differing ground control locations check. Training kites maybe.

I watched the Syrian video a couple more times & I have some new observations & conclusions as an expert on kites, UFO.s, military tactics and operations historical, local, general yada yada yada. ;)

The stacked twin aircraft make no movement until they separate. When they separate, they present their [apparent] bottoms to the camera. This is exactly what 2 kites being quickly reeled in would do. This could be done with either single or double line kites. It would be difficult to align 2 single-line deltas as a stack if put up separately first. Might be why the vid doesn't start until they are together. Perhaps tied together as you built but breakaway with a line on each. Getting a pair of controllable kites to stack using 2 flyers is literally child-play.

They are kites. Training as in a kite-train? No to that based on how they separate. Training as in training to wage war? Yes. This is a military operation against the helicopter and its sponsors. The 2 vocalizations are pretty cryptic, though the second one sounds like a chuckle/chortle/chuff. These may not have been flown on steel as barrage kites here, but if you're listening rebels, make the kite of clear plastic for those steel lines and pilots won't see either the kite or the line. :piratesword:

Paragraph. The kites are baiting the helicopter. Could be to draw it close to a particular anti-aircraft weapon. Could be to **** with the pilots heads. Could be to ensnare it in cable. Could be to make it wary about attacking a particular target. Could be to make them think the American attack is underway. Could be to draw it away from a location. The last few minutes focus on the chopper -which looks just as dome-shaped as my UFO's I noticed- . Why not the twins? Because the kites have been reeled in and the videographer wants to record how the chopper is reacting for later analysis.

This could be an operational test by an organized militia with an intent to scale, or a couple of net-savy twenty-something rebel buddies taking matters into their own hands, or kite-flying aliens. Pucker up & kiss your Asswad goodbye. :kiss: :wave2:

Paragraph: :coffee_n_pc:

Nothing scientific to add here. But I thought some of you might like a pic out the window of our mighty Gulfstream G550 at 51,000 feet over Texas.

I'm 50, and for the last 25 years I've flown the entire globe on Gulfstream jets. High end equipment and excellent visibility. I've seen all sorts of interesting sights, but never anything unexplained. However, sometimes things look so odd that it takes some time to work out exactly what it is.

My position is this: Travel is exceedingly difficult in any normal set of conditions. Interstellar travel is nearly impossible within normal lifespans of both humans and machines (yes, materials fail) . So, I find it exceptionally unlikely that we've been visited by interstellar beings.

Edited by cujet

Nothing scientific to add here. But I thought some of you might like a pic out the window of our mighty Gulfstream G550 at 51,000 feet over Texas.

I'm 50, and for the last 25 years I've flown the entire globe on Gulfstream jets. High end equipment and excellent visibility. I've seen all sorts of interesting sights, but never anything unexplained. However, sometimes things look so odd that it takes some time to work out exactly what it is.

My position is this: Travel is exceedingly difficult in any normal set of conditions. Interstellar travel is nearly impossible within normal lifespans of both humans and machines (yes, materials fail) . So, I find it exceptionally unlikely that we've been visited by interstellar beings.

sorta unrelated but pretty and a valid point....even if it assumes "visitors" would be the same generation that left the home planet, have the same lifespans, and haven't mastered cryogenics despite being far enough advanced to be capable of interstellar travel.

I don't buy into aliens visiting, but at the same suspect that if there were to be "visitors" they'd not likely engage in behavior that would result in their being discovered...until they were ready to either destroy the human race or enslave it...please God let them be sex crazed humanoid females

Nice photo. Loved seeing it, and welcome to the forum. I spent an hour looking at every photo and reading every caption at your page when you joined. Trey trey trey kewl! You don't look 50 and I want to do work like you when I grow up. (and I'm older than you. :lol: )

If you have any kite interest/knowledge we have a thread dedicated to the topic in the watercooler. Energy generation schemes spoken there.

I like your materials survivability take as an argument against interstellar travel. I don't recall hearing it made. Makes sense in view of the extremes you went to on your Cessna. Certainly if we humans expect to get very far off this rock it's a problem we are going to have to solve.

:alien_dance:

:earth:

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif
Edited by Turtle

Ok, on review it looks like the upper not the lower is the one that changes position, as though it were rather suddenly let loose from the lower, the be havior of both suggests they were connected as well with the upper tugging the lower causing both to show their bums when the line between them grew taught. JM2C

Ok, on review it looks like the upper not the lower is the one that changes position, as though it were rather suddenly let loose from the lower, the be havior of both suggests they were connected as well with the upper tugging the lower causing both to show their bums when the line between them grew taught. JM2C

I see what you mean. I'd then suggest two lines still, but held together as one until line to top kite -which passes through bottom kite to join bottom kite string- is let loose and it climbs. Something clever there for sure.

I have put the cam on the tripod out the window as I do for catching meteors. Maybe my UFO's will return. Stay tuned to this Bat Channel. :bat: :photos:

This cujet fella looks interesting judging by his browsing habits here.

I'm reminded of my flights with an upper delta on a line tied to the cross spar of the lower (pre securing the two together in a biplane configuration)....flight characteristics and all (wish I'd filmed it)...very interesting behavior.....am inclined to agree but possibly disagree...I'm not certain...the flight post separation especially at the point where they show their bums suggest a fixed length tether between the two kites (primarily the tug that results in them showing their bums)...but then another line would be needed to trigger the release...the somewhat lazy handling of the upper during separation suggests a fair amount of slack, like that that occurs when too much line is payed out too fast....but then again, maybe they payed out line too quickly Spending a good deal of time on 1:24-2:00.