Science Forums

Intelligent Design of the universe!

UncleAl

by which if you are implying our potential skills at terraforming will be at all useful *if* we ever find a likely candidate planet and manage to travel to it in the time of our great grand children..

sure we can mold a fraction of the tip of a split end of the smallest hair on the head of the tiny fraction of the universe we can percieve of. (relative to the mass of the planet (several times larger than earth, a jovian beast of a rocky world) versus the total mass of any matter we could use for such a task and disregarding the rest as useless fluff, cosmic dust and such)

but if we can cause a gas cloud to collapse upon itself it is possible that we could create a star system and regulate planet formation create edens throught known space. in something like several billion years once man has evolved to the point where moving planets and stars becomes childs play.

this ha s to be one of the most misguided posts on the site. since most of the posters seem to believe in un-intelligent design of the universe, how do we explain how the Big Bang ocurred? why did it happen when it did and what caused it to happen? if you believe in superstring theory, what non-intelligent force created the little energy strings or what created energy itself? or how did gravity occur? or what is life made of ? or why is there order in the universe? or who put the information into DNA packets? yes, the universe abounds with many evidences of non-intelligent creation. i guess that's what makes the World go 'round!

this ha s to be one of the most misguided posts on the site. since most of the posters seem to believe in un-intelligent design of the universe, how do we explain how the Big Bang ocurred? why did it happen when it did and what caused it to happen?
Its not really possible to imagine at this point in time a testable hypothesis for verifying anything about what happened "before" the big bang. That's why you'll find that there are people who believe in a "creator" but believe that nothing was designed, which to others is sacrelige: this is the essence of the "debate" of science versus religion, but I can only paraphrase Jesus in saying "Render unto Einstein (Darwin, etc.) that which is Einstein's..."

There are interesting theories about it, my favorite being Andre Linde's theory of Self-Reproducing Inflationary Universes (aka, multiverse theory).

Remember, what's "obvious" to you may not be to others, and you're unlikely convince them otherwise unless you have proof. Faith is a personal endevour...

Cheers,

Buffy

There are interesting theories about it, my favorite being Andre Linde's theory of Self-Reproducing Inflationary Universes (aka, multiverse theory).

Buffy I sent this link directly to my favorites, haven't read all of it yet but what I have read really interests me. This theory is somewhat similar to the view that has been entering my understanding of late.

Remember, what's "obvious" to you may not be to others, and you're unlikely convince them otherwise unless you have proof. Faith is a personal endevour...

Cheers,

Buffy

Very true Buffy, very true.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know. I was try to start a conversation about, to create or imagine to create an absolutely independent Universe. But seems to be noone with me, nowhere. So this is a direct question: Dont you think we can understand everithyng about this existing one, if we do so?

I nearly close to leave this forum, becouse this is really, really boring yet, and ****ing German scientifics, still try to listen to my family opinions rather then what I'm talking about here.

So basically I really dont like this guy with musthche, becouse somehow he try to play the bigthinker here, while he only try to collect infoes.

So if anybody open for a conversation, I think this just so really easy to understand the present system, and so we can think about only the future.

Csongor