Science Forums

IE 7 rules

I've been using tabbed browsing on Mozilla/Firefox for over a year now. LOL I got four home pages :hihi: (biblegateway.com, scienceforums.com, bloglines.com, newstarget.com) that open in tabs. I can even load an entire bookmark (favorites) menu into tabs. It's very handy, but I doubt MSIE will do it right. Even if they do, I won't use it for anything but Windows Update. It's almost always so clunky that it's impossible to secure and MS always has to add their own flavor to everything (Java, C++) and totally f--- it up for third parties. I do like their AntiSpyware though. It's free for now because it's beta.

Pre-echo of alexander: don't use IE. It sucks.

Those of us who produce software and have to live with it are loathing all the incompatibilities that will show up in IE 7, many probably purposely put in to break code that works fine on Mozilla/Firefox/Safari. Fie! This is going to be a rough year for porting....

Cheers,

Buffy

I hope you enjoy all of the new security holes you've installed. MS has consistently introduced more security holes than it closes with each succesive iteration of it's products. I will enjoy the side work I get as a result of this new release. :hihi:

ok not very scientific but as with most of the rest of MS' handywork the browser works, well, and is pretty. thankfully maxthon works too, but tabbed browsing in IE7 is a godsend. gestures?

"Give them a pretty interface and it doesn't matter what the code does."

Microflaccid code is huge, buggy, slow, and flatulent. Microflaccid doesn't have security issues because Microflaccid doesn't have security. Get Ad-Aware SE Plus, do a full scan, and have a look at the 60 or so "harmless" files that Microflaccid uses to track your every keystroke - all remotely downloadable. Get ZTREE and have an uncensored look at what it did to your hard drive.

Surviving Wincrap: Rip it out, turn it off, demount it after loading, go third party - Eudora, FireFox, Ad-Aware, Kaspersky-Pro, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZTREE, SpyCop. If Microflaccid wrote it, somebody else wrote it better.

:hihi:

the h8, wow, shocked

i like maxthon and don't use IE much.

i however do like VIsta. it seems even in this form to be more code than bloat. it seems faster than XP.

not much a of a fan of security anyway, so sure buffy you can have my IP but it changes at my whim. i've been running without a firewall for ages, but i have virus and spyware apps not to worry. i just find it overly paranoid to lock your doors when there aren't many "evil hackers" trying to get in. you're only inviting undue stress and worry.

so, yeah. IE7 still imo rules VIsta (all six gigs of it) seems to be very well put together and will be worth considering in early 08 when it launches.

given the expected failure of 360 and the flaws and bungles that will come to light from the VIsta betas MS will have much work to do to polish the OS before retail launch.

And the Prophecy of me coming by Buffy comes true as I enter the microsoft rellm of uselesness and bloatiness as well as never coming up with anything original, well, here it comes, or should i say explodes?

IE 7 is one of the worst browsers on the market at this point in time, I'd argue the worst. The look is completely taken off of Firefox, idea of tabs, and so on is all still very much not from the minds of microsoft people. I have seen screenshots, but i wont bother installing it, here are things that i hate about it:

tabs are over the top of the regular window menu, which does not coinside with windows sceme, the foreward/back buttons are on top of the tab bar, yet the reload is somewhere on the file-menu bar thingy that is underneeth the tabs, makes it extremely useless and bad-looking. Have you seen the results of the Acid2 test on IE7? Their own browser doesnt even pass Microsoft's own css standards, infact not only does it not pass the acid2 test it fails it so miserably, take it yourself, post the screenshot, please... I would go with that guy on Slashdot and boycott IE7!

• 5 months later...
"Give them a pretty interface and it doesn't matter what the code does."

Microflaccid code is huge, buggy, slow, and flatulent. Microflaccid doesn't have security issues because Microflaccid doesn't have security. Get Ad-Aware SE Plus, do a full scan, and have a look at the 60 or so "harmless" files that Microflaccid uses to track your every keystroke - all remotely downloadable. Get ZTREE and have an uncensored look at what it did to your hard drive.

Surviving Wincrap: Rip it out, turn it off, demount it after loading, go third party - Eudora, FireFox, Ad-Aware, Kaspersky-Pro, ZoneAlarm Pro, ZTREE, SpyCop. If Microflaccid wrote it, somebody else wrote it better.

I think that about sums up the general attitude of everyone here! lol :singer:

I just dont know how M$ continues to get away with it, they actually charge for their products that are of lesser quality... ohwell I am grateful to one of the enlightened ones :cup:

Here is a list of FF extensions that would beat IE under the table any day:

NoScriot

Adblock

Download Manager Tweak

Reveal - by far the craziest extensions you can possibly imagine, as crazy as it is useful...

and there are a few other ones i have that are are not useful for anyone who does not spealk russian so i wont mention them there.....