Science Forums

Who's your favorite?

IrishEyes

Looks like it's time to bump this thread again Irisheyes, so I'll take the opportunity and thank Tormod for extending his favor my way. I do sincerely appreciate the vote of confidence Tormod, and I would like to return the favor by saying that it is truly a pleasure to share thoughts and ideas with you. I must confess that, even at my age, I can still learn so much from you younger folks. It really amazes me how brilliant most of the younger members of Hypography are, I am truly jealous of the intellect that they diplay on a regular bases. At any rate, I'm very proud to be a member of this forum, and I will continually recognize the contribution that everyone makes by adding their voices and ideas to the mix. And especially a big thanks to you Tormod for giving birth to this forum..................................infamous

another *bump*

I need a few more responses, and very quick, so I can get started on this 'summer' article, before it turns into a 'welcome autumn' article, and the boss growls at me. ;)

There are a few Mods that haven't answered, and MANY members, especially some of our regulars.

If nothing else, it's been a great ego-booster for us, as the staff gets to see what you really enjoy about this place.

Just a few more responses.....

What is your favorite thing about this site?

Who are your Top 3 favorite members? Why do you like those people? What makes their posts special?

Who are your Top 3 favorite Mods/Admins? What makes them better than the other Mods or Admins? What could they do better?

What are your three favorite discussions that we've had so far this summer (since June 1)? What are your favorite discussions ever? Why were they so good? How did you keep up with them? Were you involved in those discussions?

What is your favorite forum to visit here? Why do you like it? What other forums do you enjoy here?

___My favorite thing about this site is the non-physicality of interacting with other people having similar interests as mine. No awkward goodbyes, no awkward hellos, no awkward this, & no awkward that.

___Favorite Members; Tormod of course; A mortal man with the strength of Thor, he is our creator & his posts always reflect what he intended for his creation. Now, does one seperate Pollux & Castor; I say no, they go as one. So two others may go as one and Orby & Infamous decide that. They together post in dangerous threads for science such as poetry, and mathematics, and gods. Finally, my third favorite is Buffy; Often the first to reply to a new member's guileless question with straightforward & friendly Hypographic reply, and often the first to reply to the opposite with a straighforward uproariously stinging Hypogarphic reply. - I have to add that in terms of making progress on my math interests, Qwfwq, C1ay, Buffy & CraigD have my deepest appreciation. They all took the time to read my work sufficiently to add to it beyond my means.

___This is taking a lot longer that I thought! Fortunately, the favorite moderators is short & easy because I never paid attention to that. Lacking past moderation, how may I know a favorite way?

___Favorite discussions: Any favorites here, I participated in. The discussion Bubbles regarding beer bubble size by differing gas types. The discussion on prime numbers in math & physics. I can't think of a third just yet, plus I have to go do some chores so I will come back later if I can & edit in the rest of some answers. ;)

___Back to finish then. Third favorite new discussion is Boerseon's(sp) hobby thread; I hope to reply to it soon.

___Favorite Forums; Math & physics of course, then the Lounge & Earth Science. I regularly visit more Forums than I don't visit.

You took the easy way out ;)

But, you're right!

I also like our emoticon options on this board -

this one reminds me of orby :xx:

this one reminds me of Tormod :naughty:

this one reminds me of Buffy :rolleyes:

this one reminds me of GAHD :cool:

this one reminds me of Irish :angel:

this one reminds me of FishTeacher :smart:

this one reminds me of Boerseun :umno:

this one reminds me of Turtle (with his Arrogant Bastard Ale) :friday:

this one reminds me of C1ay :Guns: