Science Forums

Chicken or the egg the tree in the forest?

karlfreak

ok now people have heard of these questions what came fist the chicken or the egg or of a tree fall's in the forest does it make a sound if no one is around

well i have another who is to blame for WWII hitler or the people who belived in him and fort for him trust me it just keeps goin backwards and forwards,oh yeah the answer is yes the tree still makes a sound(if u belive in god)

oh yeah the answer is yes the tree still makes a sound(if u belive in god)

Can you show me evidence that suggests that, believing in God will cause one to rationalize that a sound was created even though they were not present to hear it? Why should believing in God, which I do BTW, be of any coincidence with regard to this question?

Can you show me evidence that suggests that, believing in God will cause one to rationalize that a sound was created even though they were not present to hear it? Why should believing in God, which I do BTW, be of any coincidence with regard to this question?

ok christens say god can hear everything and is everywere yes well there u go

ok now people have heard of these questions what came fist the chicken or the egg or of a tree fall's in the forest does it make a sound if no one is around

well i have another who is to blame for WWII hitler or the people who belived in him and fort for him trust me it just keeps goin backwards and forwards,oh yeah the answer is yes the tree still makes a sound(if u belive in god)

Just what feature or function of the site's software are you testing with this post here in the test forum?

as for the chicken and the egg. it is simple.

the chicken evolved over millions of years from something, i don't know what, but i'm sure other people do.

this thing that was evolving reproduced by laying eggs.

now that we evolved and named all the species we could think of, we named this strange thing that lays eggs, a chicken.

the chicken and the egg are co-existent and one did not come before the other.

Maybe a rewrite will help:

We've all heard circular arguments, such as "What came first: The chicken or the egg?" or "If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound if no one is around?" (Perhaps the answer is "Yes" if you believe in an omnipotent, ever-present God :xx: )

Well, maybe the same applies to the following: Was Hitler to blame for WWII, or should we blame the people who believed him and fought for him? The argument seems to go backward and forward.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe a rewrite will help:

We've all heard circular arguments, such as "What came first: The chicken or the egg?" or "If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound if no one is around?" (Perhaps the answer is "Yes" if you believe in an omnipotent, ever-present God ;) )

Well, maybe the same applies to the following: Was Hitler to blame for WWII, or should we blame the people who believed him and fought for him? The argument seems to go backward and forward.

well thanks for that, that works to and if u are goin to move it then move it

The answer to your question is simple: both

You don't punish only the one who started a crime, you punish all that were involved. Which is why they had been hunting down nazis well after the war was over. Of course, now people are allowed to say they are nazis so they can be free. You can't be free if you can't say you are a nazi I guess.

the felled tree disturbed the air and ground

more than likely the atmosphere and geology would have abosorbed the vibrations before it propagated too far, if no one (human) was close enough to hear it before the sound dissipated too much for us to sense it then it doesn't matter if a sound was produced or not.

this means that unless one expected there to be a sound its water under the bridge, we missed it. no sense grousing over the loss

--

the people to blame for imo WWII aren't just the nazis or the sympathisers.

hitlers motivations were personal, and he was driven by inner demons, the fools who followed him are surely to blame but only if they really had an alternative choice. offing hitler would have caused much more problems. creating a martyr of him in the later days of his campaign would have had much more serious ramifications.

they would have had to discredit him publicly and then imprisioned him, but even then who is "they"? he was it, he answered to very few people.

everyone who stood by and did nothing as the clouds formed and darkened, they who knew what was coming. a government based on such bloodthirsty anger was bound to errupt. a war of some sort was enivitable and no one did anything to stop it. (they were already sick of it)

of course they had no idea what hitler was up to, the magnitude of what was to come, neither could they have known with all the propaganda and "good" hilter and his regime managed while the were campaigning and building armies.

regardless the people of europe the UK russia and the US had ample time to get rid of hitler.

if anything at least it set a precedent that today allows for pre-emptive attacks on such "hot" nations. we know what the outcome "could" be and that amply justifies "by any means necessary" disarmament and decapitation of our rival nations.

--

the egg

the animal that created it was not genetically identical to what we call chickens like wolf and dog, the wild foul was not a chicken but its mutated progeny was the first "chiken". the mutations that gave rise to chickens was born of an egg. once that animal we call a chicken began to interbreed with the rest of the wild protochikens and thus further its genetic distinctiveness, the "chicken", then more chickens were created.

but the original chicken was born of an egg, that egg laid from an animal being "not a chicken" but very very close to being a chicken.

--

the glass is half full if it was being filled

or half empty if it was being emptied

the question thus has to be refined to state that we don't know anything about the glass. who was using it, had they been filling it or emptying it

thus if the glass had been unattended the water would have to have been evaporating. meaning at some point earlier it would have been more full but had been slowly emptying, and thus is half empty.

even a glass being filled though will only be "half full" momentarily as it will be subject to the evoporation deal and become "half empty".

--

the sound of one hand clapping is audible if you put it close to your head.

if a few thousand people in close proximity were making the sound in perfect synchronicity then the amplified sound would easily be heard.

who is to blame for WWII hitler or the people who belived in him and fort for him
All the Nazi-Fascists were to blame. I really don't see it as a question between Hitler and the others, Adolf was an example of a public figure that made for successful propaganda and that's what made him the absolute leader of the whole scheme.

The worst thing is, it's happening all over again. Nazi-Fascism was but an extreme example of Nationalism, which has always been around through history. Nationalism has been getting more extreme again, in a new form.