Science Forums

How to Live!!! A simple Explanation.

gskeshavan

This Topic was posted not only to Catch the attention of you people but also to tell you people how to live with only a paragraph.

Take a Pencil in Your Hand and sharpen it. Touch the Sharpened edge of the point and say "From today, I will live like this Pencil."

I know you will be thinking how you can live like a Pencil.

The Ultimate Answer is;

"LIVE TO THE POINT!!"

You live to the Point and the Other things like Money and Luxuries come to you without you wishing them to come to you.

Remember, "The Supreme Happiness of Life is the Convictions that We are Loved."

Thank You!!!

If the point of your life is keeping those around you happy, you'll never be unhappy or lonely
Civil co-operation is a noble pursuit however, one's happyness is their own responsibility. I can give you many examples of where spending time and effort to secure the happyness for others turned out to be a fruitless endeavor. My happyness is a result of a peace that I find within myself, friends, family, and support groups are helpful if you are struggling with lonelyness but, happyness, that I define as self-contentment, can only be achieved through self examination and self reliance. No one can preform this task for you, you must do it by yourself.

This Topic was posted not only to Catch the attention of you people but also to tell you people how to live with only a paragraph.

Us people are humbled by your presence, Wise One.

Take a Pencil in Your Hand and sharpen it. Touch the Sharpened edge of the point and say "From today, I will live like this Pencil."

I know you will be thinking how you can live like a Pencil.

The Ultimate Answer is;

"LIVE TO THE POINT!!"

You live to the Point and the Other things like Money and Luxuries come to you without you wishing them to come to you.

Remember, "The Supreme Happiness of Life is the Convictions that We are Loved."

Thank You!!!

My supreme happiness will come from eradicating the random and unnecessary use of capital letters, especially if they are used in a fruitless attempt to make a subjective opinion seem like the ultimate truth.

...so you're saying I should stick my head into a giant pencil sharpener?

Sorry... but I don't get how that's supposed to teach me how to live - "live to the point" is so vague. ;) Unless your next post is going to be how to buy the book, for only 3 payments of 33.33 (buy today and get one whole payment off!)....

Thanks for the advice - but what exactly does that mean? "Live to the point" sounds like "breathe for the air". ;)

Well....

You hav questioned me well indeed. I think I will explain you my say "Live to the Point."

Before I can explain you I just want you to answer me three things...

They are,

Did I live well?

Did I keep everyone I know happy?

Did I achieve something?

Please do answer me these questions and I will explain you the rest.

Thank You!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Well....

You hav questioned me well indeed. I think I will explain you my say "Live to the Point."

They are,

Did I live well?

Did I achieve something?

Thank You!!!

These are excellent, and all very relevant, questions... but I don't think I can answer these in a simple, short answer.

Did I live well? How do I define "well"? Relatively? Compared to someone else I know? Compared to a previous period of time? Could I have done better? Always...

Did I keep everyone I know happy? Happy as in, did I give all my possessions to everyone I know to keep them happy? or, "everyone I know" meaning my family, or those who are very important to me, personally? Again, relative to what? And, again, could I have done better?

Did I achieve something? Well, yes, an infinite number of things... perhaps a better question would be, did I work toward achieving my goals? If so, how counterproductive was I - could I have done better? (If so, at what risk, at what cost? Could I have done better and still have enjoyed life during that time?)

I understand what you are trying to say - live to the point, I guess - live as well as you can without being too counterproductive while assessing which things you can and cannot do without; do not deprive yourself of what you really need, and do not overindulge in the things that are not helping you live in the manner you are working towards. (Although, in some cases, this may not apply, I suppose... :xx: )

Well....

They are,

Did I live well?

Did I achieve something?

Thank You!!!

Answering these questions obviously assumes that you've came to the end of your life, and you're looking back. In which case, the answer must be: "Who cares!? I'm DEAD!"

Answering these questions obviously assumes that you've came to the end of your life, and you're looking back. In which case, the answer must be: "Who cares!? I'm DEAD!"

LOL! An excellent reply, as ever... although I hope to remember to keep myself in check at least a little bit along the way, before I'm dead, too :)

all right, i think i understand how to live to the point (well, i understand the concept at least)

now answer me this, what is the point?

or is the phrase "live to the point" meant to be assimilated with the phrase "live life till it's fullest"

My friend and I have previously talked about how we are supposed to live, and his simple explanation is to obey your conscience. Do what you know deep down to be the right thing to do that will not leave you full of regret later. You may have done something that initially seemed like the right thing to do, but as time went by there was something gnawing at you and the situation didn't sit right. I think this is your conscience telling you that you didn't really do the right thing after all, and therefore this is not the right way to act and live.

I think money and luxuries will come to you if you want them and work at achieving them. I have heard about people who actively pursued wealth which eventually left them feeling empty and unhappy. However, I think their acquisition of wealth was at the expense of family and friends, and money can't love you back. I think you can have money and luxuries and be happy if you are doing what you really feel is the right thing to do with these possessions.

Did I live well? How do I define "well"? Relatively? Compared to someone else I know? Compared to a previous period of time? Could I have done better? Always...

Did I keep everyone I know happy? Happy as in, did I give all my possessions to everyone I know to keep them happy? or, "everyone I know" meaning my family, or those who are very important to me, personally? Again, relative to what? And, again, could I have done better?

Did I achieve something? Well, yes, an infinite number of things... perhaps a better question would be, did I work toward achieving my goals? If so, how counterproductive was I - could I have done better? (If so, at what risk, at what cost? Could I have done better and still have enjoyed life during that time?)

This is a great response. I try to live well, try to keep everyone I know happy, and try to achieve the goals I set, but I try, fail, try again, fail again, get frustrated, try again/sometimes give up etc. Sometimes I do the best I can and get great results, but I agree that if you look back at how you did you could always find some way in which it could be done better. We just have to accept that it is very unlikely, well more like impossible, that we will do everything perfectly. We have to do the best we can, try to act according to our conscience, learn from our mistakes, and try to act better the next time. (Usually easier said than done...)

They are,

Did I live well?

Did I achieve something?

In regards to the keeping everyone happy point, I think that can be a dangerous area. I have found from experience that keeping people happy at the expense of my own happiness is quite detrimental to me, emotionally and mentally. After a couple of decades I have finally realised that I have to live my own life, and I can't always make decisions just to please others. If others are unhappy with my decisions, then we can discuss it, and sometimes I have changed my mind because I really was shown a better way, but sometimes I have stood my ground and by my convictions, and others have just had to learn to accept it. They were not happy, but they also have their own lives to live, and I am not always going to be happy with their decisions.

all right, i think i understand how to live to the point (well, i understand the concept at least)

now answer me this, what is the point?

or is the phrase "live to the point" meant to be assimilated with the phrase "live life till it's fullest"

I think the point is something that you have to personally find out. It will be unique to you, although you will no doubt cross paths with many others along the way on a similar "quest".

...I think the point is something that you have to personally find out. It will be unique to you, although you will no doubt cross paths with many others along the way on a similar "quest".
Well, to quote those sages of theology, the Tractors:

So why should I say "don't worry, be happy"?

To tell the truth, I've been worried from the start.

Honey you know as well as me

We got trouble with a capital "T"

Everythng we got is falling apart.

_________

Deep.