Science Forums

How to Live!!! A simple Explanation.

gskeshavan

This post was posted not only to catch the attention of you people but but also to tell you people how to live with only a paragraph, and see if I can get anyone to flirt with me.

Take an eraser in your elbow and fumble it. Put it in your hand instead, silly person. Touch the rubber edge of the eraser and say, "From today onwards, I will live like this eraser."

I know you will be thinking how you can live like an Eraser. Or possibly you are thinking what kind of looney I am. Or hopefully you are thinking how good in bed I am.

The Ultimate Answer is;

"LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE !! Life life to the fullest on that fat rubber edge of the eraser ! And along the way, wipe out other people's ramblings."

You live Life On The Edge and the other things like the Black Death, angry phone calls from your bank about your overdraft, bills, and very angry husbands and fathers will come to you without you wishing them to come to you.

Remember, "The Supreme Happiness of Life is the Conviction that We can Erase but Not Be Erased."

Thank You!!!

This Topic was posted not only to Catch the attention of you people but also to tell you people how to live with only a paragraph.

Take a Pencil in Your Hand and sharpen it. Touch the Sharpened edge of the point and say "From today, I will live like this Pencil."

I know you will be thinking how you can live like a Pencil.

The Ultimate Answer is;

"LIVE TO THE POINT!!"

You live to the Point and the Other things like Money and Luxuries come to you without you wishing them to come to you.

Remember, "The Supreme Happiness of Life is the Convictions that We are Loved."

Thank You!!!

This Topic was posted not only to Catch the attention of you people but also to tell you people how to live with only a paragraph.

Take a Pencil in Your Hand and sharpen it. Touch the Sharpened edge of the point and say "From today, I will live like this Pencil."

I know you will be thinking how you can live like a Pencil.

The Ultimate Answer is;

"LIVE TO THE POINT!!"

You live to the Point and the Other things like Money and Luxuries come to you without you wishing them to come to you.

Remember, "The Supreme Happiness of Life is the Convictions that We are Loved."

Thank You!!!

too easy . . .

I think one should learn how to live life like each day was the last, and plan as if you would live forever...

Also remember that suffering is caused by one's desire for whatever they seek in the world.. and even if they attain it they will still desire something else.

So be happy with what you are blessed with and given..

P.s. If only I followed my own philosophy :)

• 1 month later...

Live to the point! Live as if you will die tomorrow and then be dead forever! Carpe Diem!

- Amen

I hear this kind of yuppie bullsh*t all the time, and as a matter of fact, every single time Im absolutley amazed. I think to myself:"God, what lucky people, who can just close their eyes to every single reasonble conclusion and without even taking a second to look at reality or even them self and then come up with this altruistic, happy go lucky ûberbullsh*t. It never fails. I still gaze in astonishment and just think; geez, I wish I could do that. But I guess I am doomed to live here in our fairly unoccupied reality, we´re obviously no in the same one, and to not have the aility to be a heavy addict of escapism in all conceivable forms.

You are fantastic. You are my personal circus, and you never fail making me laugh, cry and even utter a little sigh once in a while. Im whatching you from my high horse and Im not even paying.

But you are absoultuley right, lets forget about what is real and actual and pretend this beautiful planet we have managed to turn into hell, is really our personal hevean. You guys got skills.

If you wonder; Why so many grammatical errors? Well, what can I say, Im just so goddam happy.

I Love Everything!

Until we can eliminate the free radicals in our system so that we might live forever I think that most people do just want to make the most of the short time they have on Earth.

It seems like you interpretting this the same way as "Live life to fulfill it's meaning" :lol:... Until someone can prove me otherwise I think I'll just adopt the same idea I've had since I was a kid. Life has no meaning. Due to this though, one would generally assume that life then has no purpose... I wouldn't challenge that when it's laid on such general terms as those, but I do believe you can create your own purpose in life. This only serves to create the illusion of meaning which makes an individual feel like they are worth something more than the basic carbon structure from which we are all created (I think God is a lump of carbon, we are, after all, created in his image :hihi:).

Perhaps the meaning of life is to find the purpose of life :lol:.

:lol:

Okay, my mind's getting over loaded with new ideas, I'm just gonna take it easy for a while... :lol:

Gotta love Hypography :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

a rather disturbed individual in elementary school wrote "commit suicide" in my year book. i still haven't, and this is how i live. point being, aside from eating, sleeping, urinating...etc., its all subjective to the individual organism. first there is a point, then there is no point, and then there is. god bless.

1.how to live?

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST!

that is the name of the game.

how to be the fittest ? that is the question.

if we dont make ourselves physicslly fit ,we will suffer.

if we dont make our selves mentally fit, we will suffer.

if we dont make our environment fit for us,we will suffer.

if we dont help people around us to be better,their suffering will affect us and the environment,and we will suffer.

so i guess be fit in every way and be happy.

If the point of your life is keeping those around you happy, you'll never be unhappy or lonely

If everyone is sacrificing who will recieve? The eventual result is that anything of worth is taken up by opportunists and you are left with paupers trading blank cheques. This thought has brought many undeserving opportunists to power, some with disastrous results. If you're the one person who doesn't follow this doctrine you are suddenly the most powerful man alive.

Personally I'm somewhat in between the two ends of the spectrum, but playing devil's advocate (or Ayn Rand's advocate) makes for a fun debate.

The most difficult thing in today's world is trying to be your own self with a strong conviction and belief in individual ability.That is being up to the point after taking all you want from the universe around one's self.

All living beings are naturally iritable and sensitive to the external stimuli and limiting oneself upto one's own reference point is a tight rope walkers sprint.

Life needs no complications.

Life got along pretty well without a bunch of upstart bipeds wondering why the hell it is the way it is.

Life needs no yuppie cliches about meaning, the deeper meaning, Ka, Zen, whatever.

Regarding the question:

"How to Live?"

Simple!

Breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out...

...the rest will take care of itself.

Oh yes... and "Do unto others as you would have done to you".

Then everybody would be happy.

Unashamedly vague mystical bullsh*t serves absolutely no purpose.

I agree with the thought that we are making life harder than it really is. You never see the chimps pondering the meaning of life, though they always look sad anyway. I think this thinking thing has become far to big. Every basic need of any human being can and will be satisfied automatically without any significant thought process. Only by instinct and conditioning, nothing more is needed. No reasoning, logic philosophical babble or anything else that’s a lot of work. We are simple creatures. If you think about it, its not much we need to be “happy.” That means in a state of equilibrium where all our basic needs has been fulfilled and the homeostasis is running smoothly. I believe “happiness” is really seldomly achieved these days because we have started this whole thinking hype. We humans are simply not made to do it. So don’t try. Books make a cosy fire too. And as time has passed we think we are in need of bigger and bigger satisfactions and therefore by creating illusionary goals and needs which can not be achived, we never really accomplish anything. Back to nature!

And concerning the humours line: "Do unto others as you would have done to you". It has its faults. I always get a laugh by thinking the about priest who says so to the masochist in front of him. That would have been an exiting mess (in the religious meaning.) But I believe our dear but boring pedantic Kant has sorted that out by saying:

"Act as if the maxim of thy action were to become by thy will a universal law of nature."

And he was really keen on this thing. I find the following quote containing a very romantic notion, I think he might have had tendencies toward masochism too (If you view the moral law as the sadist, that is.):

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the more often and perseveringly my thinking engages itself with them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me.