Science Forums

Happy Birthday Hypography

C1ay

good thought niviene....im going to think about that (me, not you) 5 years ago.............i was 12..................in 6th grade. let's see..may...almost out of school.......

i was probably thinking i was in love with a girl who gave me butterflies just from talking to her. either that, or practicing my skateboarding which i wasn't too good at at the time.

what a dramatic change between 6th grade and 8th though. sheeeeeeeeesh! won't get into that.

Five years ago I was working for a company based in Europe and spending most of my time on a plane. Now I have an office down the street from my home with my kid's school in between. I agree with Bio, I'll take now too....

Cheers! Woot! Celebrate! ;)

Buffy

It's cool to see where everyone was five years ago... I was still in my probationary period as an officer and all I cared about was being able to patrol without my FTO. Now... I still do the same thing as a reserve unit, I don't get paid for it, and I'm in school again, wondering how I ever was able to remember things before. I miss the excitement, but I don't wake up wondering if I'll fight or not during the day. I'll take now, too. I hope that everyone does.. I'd like to think we're all working towards better things, anyway. ;) ...I also remember thinking that 2005 was soooo far away, so that I didn't have to think about how old I'd be this year.... ;)

Lets see..5 ya.... I probably was still eating ramen noodles my mormon in-laws bought to keep them alive after Y2K....

Hehe... yea, that Y2K thing, what a big deal that was...my father worked/s for IBM and they were paying him some ungodly amount of money to be on call for that... remember all of those emergency "packages" they were selling, duct tape and plastic for windows, etc? Hard to believe that was 5 years ago. Sorry to get off topic... just neat to think that as Y2K was finally calming down, Tormod was thinking of creating (or maybe had started already) hypography!

Five years ago I was in Australia with short hair and a philosphy of living such that you would barely to be able to say I'm the same person (and I didn't play Diabolo yet, for those who know....)...

What does the expression "I'll take now" mean?

Where did you figure out C1ay that it was the anniversary? (I think this is a stupid question, but some human resources psycologistic would say that it shows that admins are on the same level than normal members, etc, etc ,etc...)