Science Forums

Happy Birthday Hypography

C1ay

Happy Birthday Hypography!

Tormod and Yvonne were last seen heading south on the Blue Ridge Parkway. After 2 days in Virginia, I hope they weren't traumatized by my maniacal children. I think they had a decent time, especially introducing me to Belgian white beer. ;)

5 years ago I was still in the Navy. And I had one less child. And a lot more time on my hands. But I think I still like now better. Most of the time.

Thanks to everyone for holding down the fort during my prolonged away time. It was a very much needed break, and I am very thankful to all of you. Look for me to be checking in on things every once in a while. Tormod says I'm not allowed to disappear again, so I'll poke my head in the door more frequently in the future. Glad to see you're all ok though.

Ohmygosh! You're back! We've missed you so!

On topic: Without Irish, there would be no Hypography today. Thank you Irish!

And of COURSE, THANK YOU TORMOD! I'm sure papa is proud of that other kid of his!

Cheers!

Buffy

And of COURSE, THANK YOU TORMOD! I'm sure papa is proud of that other kid of his!

Cheers!

Buffy

And off topic, it's nice to see you sportin' 3 of them green squares ;)

Cheers!

Buffy

Hypography would still be the place it is, just less "Irish-y", of course. To think that this site depends on only one person is like thinking that Freethinker might lose an argument some day - just plain silly!! ;)

I'm not really back, just checking in to let you guys know I'm still alive, and to stop the rampant speculation about where I've been.

FYI- a MUCH needed break, and I enjoyed every minute of it. But I will admit to staring longingly at the laptop in the middle of the night and wondering who was saying what on more than one occasion...

...To think that this site depends on only one person is like thinking that Freethinker might lose an argument some day - just plain silly!! ;)
As always she's so modest...unlike me who thinks I actually *did* win an argument with Freethinker! ;)

Cheers,

Buffy

Welcome home Irish :eek:

Wow, five years ago I was finishing up eighth grade, which was not a very good year for me. I've come so far in five years, I look back on who I was and realize that I am a very different person now.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Five years ago, I was working for a supermarket chain about to go out of business, and wondering how I was going to find a job in mainframe operations and support. Now I work for the largest insurance company in the known universe. There was no gap in employment, and I got a retention bonus that allowed me to send my daughter, beccareb, to Australia for 18 days. I actually worked two full time jobs for 13 weeks, a day shift and a night shift, during the overlap. I do not recommend this.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody told me about this thread! Bonkers! Happy belated birthday, Hypography!

Like Irish said, Yvonne and myself were in Fredericksburg that day, enjoying the company of herself, her husband and their kids. A wonderful day!

5 years ago...I was working as a technical director for a web company and thought I would get rich very soon. So I started Hypography to have "something else" to do.

May 17 also happens to be Norway's independence day, when you're supposed to do anything *but* work. But I had this idea of a cool science website that just had to get out of my head.

I didn't get rich with the other company...but man did I get something else to do. And all the friends...weeee.

Here's to the next 5 years! ;)