Science Forums

Hypo Security Seems Lacking

well, you could have taken the time to delete my post, but i have done as you asked.

Thank you! :)

if you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. :phones: (let alone 900 or 4000)

Eggzactly! :cheer:

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his, :phones:

Buffy

• 1 month later...

let me explain -again- that they make money just having a profile. check a few of those i listed and see their profile views are in the hundreds. money in their pocket without even posting. even banned or put in the "spammers" group they continue to use the rep and add friends too. what a ****in' joke. not that what i -or we- think matters. we certainly can't appear unfriendly now can we? pffff... y'all have fun now.

ps as of right now our front page shows 25,470 members. when defntldistrb started this thread it was 21000 + a few. during that time we have added fewer than 10 legit members. pathetic.

today the number of members is, Total Members 26,361. way to crack down. :doh:

today the number of members is, Total Members 26,361. way to crack down. :doh:

Craig and I have been spending several hours every day swatting these people back.

Yes, the accounts are left around because they provide data that is useful in blocking the vast majority of the spam accounts. We've actually also deleted several thousand that are not included in your count.

marklover has been removed. There is still more to clean up.

Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy, :phones:

Buffy

Craig and I have been spending several hours every day swatting these people back.

Yes, the accounts are left around because they provide data that is useful in blocking the vast majority of the spam accounts. We've actually also deleted several thousand that are not included in your count.

marklover has been removed. There is still more to clean up.

Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy, :phones:

Buffy

Completely unrelated, but very curious.

What is your favourite Buffy episode?

• 2 weeks later...

We ever going to get a fully functional Report feature.

One of the most eloquent and comprehensive feature requests I have ever heard. Thank you! We'll start working on that right away! :cheer:

No spam to report but a couple unruly lads one of which seems to be itchin for some rough treatment.

While cage-matches are discouraged, we can hardly stop testosterone-poisoned lads from going at it in their own thread. Once enough blood is spilled we're happy to delete it from causing folks further embarrassment. Refereeing is of course available at no charge, but be careful what you wish for.

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do; they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart, :phones:

Buffy

Yeah, I know. Everybody has been crying about that one since the site changed. I'm sorry Buffy. It was foolish of me to think of asking.

I'm sure I was just as foolish to repeatedly ask the fellow above to read and at least attempt to follow the site rules.

I think I'm starting to enjoy being ***** slapped. OOO kinky!

Yeah, I know. Everybody has been crying about that one since the site changed. I'm sorry Buffy. It was foolish of me to think of asking.

Oh not at all! Just a snarky programmer response to a request that was, uh, lacking specificity...

We're actually in the process of upgrading software that will supply more features and options, and we'd like to know what you really want! :cheer:

I'm sure I was just as foolish to repeatedly ask the fellow above to read and at least attempt to follow the site rules.

It's important for everyone to realize that when you're out in public, people are watching, and sometimes one gets no warning whatsoever before one encounters the deleterious consequences of one's actions...that's actually in our rules if you read 'em carefully...

But-But this is only my first offense. Don't I get three strikes? :phones:

Buffy

"One thing we can do as a society is recognize that some rules may be broken, some rules should be broken, and some rules need to be broken. When we see this happening, and it is clearly an X-Altruist on a mandated mission"

I apologize for my faults when I was very young I was diagonsed by a psychologist as an extreme antisocial personality disorder. (They feared for the worst in me) My mother eventually could not afford the bills for my therapy and decided to just ignore there conclusions... Years later I had to go back into therapy with no real effective changes to my views. Just less anger... So after years of wondering why i do what i do i found this article... By scientific america clarified my self view explaining the tremendous pressure I go through when I see wrong doing.

I know posting twice for a subject is wrong but meh i don't want to waste anyones time searching for it....

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2011/03/31/walking-the-line-between-good-and-evil-the-common-thread-of-heroes-and-villains/

And as for spammers i report them anyway... I have no idea if its getting through i just report and submit, the screen usually does not refresh causing me to have to reload the page... So i highly doubt its getting through. But i must admit as i see them post, the post disappears... I can not complain on the speed nor efficency in this topic... I am sure though it is time consuming... Glad I am not an administrator... I would drowned myself in fixing things...

And as for spammers i report them anyway... I have no idea if its getting through i just report and submit, the screen usually does not refresh causing me to have to reload the page... So i highly doubt its getting through. But i must admit as i see them post, the post disappears... I can not complain on the speed nor efficency in this topic... I am sure though it is time consuming... Glad I am not an administrator... I would drowned myself in fixing things...

They get through, and thanks for the bug report!

Luckily we can swim pretty good.

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read "President Can't Swim". :phones:

Buffy

• 1 year later...