Science Forums

Hypo Security Seems Lacking

okay guys, we are doing the best we can right now. There are a few current issues, please bear with us.This takes time and as you all know,we are not sat here all day long- we have lives too. So please be patient :)

with all due respect to you staffers, if you've time to lean, you've time to clean. none of the staff seems lacking the time to post "regular" responses to posts. as i noted i have been complaining [pointing out the problem] for at least 2 months and only now have i seen any acknowledgement at all from a staff member. nero fiddles while rome burns.

then there is the matter of hit & run posts like sigurd's above, which is just as bad as the marketing spam. our board is littered with this nonsense and we're bleeding legitimate members every day.

I scrap more palatable things off the bottom of my shoe after walking the dog than are being allowed to congeal here as threads and posts to threads... i am saddened by this...

and exactly how is this sarcasm supposed to help? start new threads and make this the place you want it to be.I do realise that the current stream of strange claims has irritated you, but remember they remain in the strange claims forum until they can be proven otherwise. So lets have a little tolerance here please

I have to agree with turtle on this, far to many posts and threads that are nothing but horse feathers piled on top of horse feathers supported by nothing but horse feathers. When i first signed up such posts would have been called out immediately, and if they persisted as much as they do now they would have been shown the door.... pseudoscience seems to rule the roost these days...

with all due respect to you staffers, if you've time to lean, you've time to clean. none of the staff seems lacking the time to post "regular" responses to posts. as i noted i have been complaining [pointing out the problem] for at least 2 months and only now have i seen any acknowledgement at all from a staff member. nero fiddles while rome burns.

then there is the matter of hit & run posts like sigurd's above, which is just as bad as the marketing spam. our board is littered with this nonsense and we're bleeding legitimate members every day.

the spamming needs to be dealt with by the dev team to potentially disarm them before they get in. In the meantime, we try to catch the ones we see and flag them. Sorry for not resonding earlier turtle, you are a valued member and your voice here is important. I will deal with Sig

and exactly how is this sarcasm supposed to help? start new threads and make this the place you want it to be.I do realise that the current stream of strange claims has irritated you, but remember they remain in the strange claims forum until they can be proven otherwise. So lets have a little tolerance here please

Even strange claims are not allowed to be nothing but horse feathers supported by horse feathers. Posts are put in strange claims but they still need to understand that evidence is required and any and all attempts to ask for evidence are ignored and the threads go on and on and on....

I have to agree with turtle on this, far to many posts and threads that are nothing but horse feathers piled on top of horse feathers supported by nothing but horse feathers. When i first signed up such posts would have been called out immediately, and if they persisted as much as they do now they would have been shown the door.... pseudoscience seems to rule the roost these days...

its only ruling the roost as you put it because they are the only ones posting new threads.You know how it works, they come in droves and then leave for months. Look at patterns Moon, this always plays out the same. Please be patient, we are trying here

Even strange claims are not allowed to be nothing but horse feathers supported by horse feathers. Posts are put in strange claims but they still need to understand that evidence is required and any and all attempts to ask for evidence are ignored and the threads go on and on and on....

we require and demand back up- you know this. We allow time for the posters to do that- some try and some leave. But we are not gonna censor the topic unless its spam. We reserve the right to free speech here even if its pseudoscience. Our job is to debunk it. So debunk, moontanman

Provoking spamming

is annoying.

Administrators please,

do something about it!

(If you havent already.)

it is annoying i agree. i dont feel this post is drive by,but lets face it Sig, you do that in other threads. I realise you are trying to be funny but, our rules state not to do that. Hence forward, please contribute posts that add to the content of the thread and not just humour. Thank you

Me running?

Why?

Just felt I had said all that needed be said.

I dislike the incoming threads,

with minimal content,

and I want them removed.

They block the view in the forum.

ok guys, seeing as you all prefer to regulate the forums content, i will get with the mods and admins and discuss this

its only ruling the roost as you put it because they are the only ones posting new threads.You know how it works, they come in droves and then leave for months. Look at patterns Moon, this always plays out the same. Please be patient, we are trying here

Seriously, the theory of devolution is allowed to stay in biology? It's nothing but creationist clap trap, and the "Judge" claims it as his own which is false to begin with. it's an old and thoroughly debunked creationist attempt to discredit evolution, it should have been put in strange claims at the very least at the very beginning.

we require and demand back up- you know this. We allow time for the posters to do that- some try and some leave. But we are not gonna censor the topic unless its spam. We reserve the right to free speech here even if its pseudoscience. Our job is to debunk it. So debunk, moontanman

I have done so and i am ignored in favor of horse feathers, it gets old to be ignored by people making claims that are just stupid...

the problem is that those debunking are insulted and ignored. this is especially true of rocket art's nonsense whether it has been moontan, or i , or you, or eclogite "debunking". common sense says put a stop to it. leaving it be is only annoying the regular members and driving them off.

Seriously, the theory of devolution is allowed to stay in biology? It's nothing but creationist clap trap, and the "Judge" claims it as his own which is false to begin with. it's an old and thoroughly debunked creationist attempt to discredit evolution, it should have been put in strange claims at the very least at the very beginning.

i actually thought that thread had been moved- i will adjust that- thank you for making me aware :)

the problem is that those debunking are insulted and ignored. this is especially true of rocket art's nonsense whether it has been moontan, or i , or you, or eclogite "debunking". common sense says put a stop to it. leaving it be is only annoying the regular members and driving them off.

this has been discussed behind the scenes turtle, and i will add your thoughts to that as well :)

this has been discussed behind the scenes turtle, and i will add your thoughts to that as well :)

i'm not satisfied with "behind the scenes". maybe if it is brought out in the light so we regular members get some sense we are not being ignored and marginalized in favor of some false sense of fairness. mark was right it seems and common sense is not very common.