Do You Vote?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do You Vote?

• Always
    • Sometimes: Depends On Election Subject
    • Sometimes: Other Reasons
    • Never

___A simple pole here about whether you vote in elections in your country. :xx:

Where's the poll? I really can't imagine not voting myself and I really enjoy rubbing it in to the losers that didn't vote. No vote = No right to complain...

___Poll coming; had to try & think what to include to make it a good one> Let me know?!

I am registered 'permanent absentee' ballot which essentially means I vote by mail & don't go to the physical pole. I always vote. I figure if I don't vote, I can't complain. :xx:

i havn't been of age but i can't see myself voting because i don't like any of the parties...they all have their ups and downs. and i hate that saying "if you don't vote you can't complain"

i can complain because all of the parties suck.

vote for me, jason lowe, whenever i develop a new party. legalize it! :xx:

I always vote, even in uncontested elections, which are common here for local offices. I live in New Jersey, but my area, Sussex county, votes like the Midwest.

I always vote no when some politician wants to raise my taxes. Enough already, when will it stop?????

How do you vote on school budgets?

i havn't been of age but i can't see myself voting because i don't like any of the parties...they all have their ups and downs. and i hate that saying "if you don't vote you can't complain"

i can complain because all of the parties suck.

vote for me, jason lowe, whenever i develop a new party. legalize it! :xx:

Lower my taxes and you got my vote!!!!!!!

We have compulsory voting, so i haven't yet figured out if i vote to exercise my democratic rights, or to avoid a fine (although i do cast my vote with intention). many people i talk to cast donkeys, or have no idea whatsoever about the policies of those they vote for. I wish i could start a poll asking people if they think a democracy, where the majority rules but the majority doesnt care or doesnt know enough to vote with foresight and intelligence, and feels locked into a two party system, is really the best method of governance. this hasnt been my most popular question......

I always vote, but I think its a shame we have such a boring political system. Bipartisan politics is either a race for the middle or a race for the extremes depending on the decade. If I were a Brit, I'd belong to the Monster Raving Looney party! Before anyone complains about that, note that I've never voted for the party I've registered for except for primaries where you don't have any choice....

Cheers,

Buffy

I always vote, too. But usually with a heavy heart. I have no big favorites among the parties here in Norway. Voter turnout in Norway is pretty awful but still good compared to the US - although that should be the case considering we have about 3 million voters in total... :xx:

BTW, I remember when I was a student in Illinois they actually let me vote in the state elections! In Norway I think you need to have been a resident for 7 years or so to get to do that.

So I voted for the worst guy who would raise your taxes and skyrocket gas prices etc. Okay, I didn't. :)

I live in Switzerland and here we've got one of the best democracies I would say, so good that I don't always vote. Explanation a part of the thre summer months we vote about every two months and sometimes there are things I just don't care sometimes (I know I could vote blank but....). We vote that much because it is enough to have an initiative with 100'000 signatures (they are verified) and we then vote about it (you have to know we are only 7 million here) or if the government proposes something one can collect 80'000 signatures and make a referendum and then we will vote about it....

And infamous you are smart (no irony), so why don't you see that raising taxes is also good, if you want your government to work (ok you can say the senators should be paid less, that less money should be spent pn the army,etc.) and therefore it's good for you as well (principe of well-fare state)

skyrocket gas prices

I like petrol prices being raised. its a reminder that fossil fuels are limited and forces people to cut back and consider alternatives (crank attack - in one year my government spent $17 million sponsoring fuel company exploration for new sites, but only dedicated $1 million to R&D for alternative green energy...me thinks..figures are somewhere..). playing on people's money worries to save the environment. and making me feel untouchable on my bike ahahahaaahahaaaahhahahhah vote greens

sorry to twist the topic

It's alright if you twist the topic as I completely agree with you, the petrol is too cheap (to me even 5$ a litre is too cheap, the aim is to make so expensive that you use it only when really needed AND even better you wouldn' t need anymore to raise taxes....), there should be something like rising prices of petrol and lowering the ones of public transport (which is bloody expensive over here).

Voting in a poll on whether I vote....Perhaps a skewed result? :(

I tend to vote primarily in local elections or for representatives. Unfortunatly it seems that most elections I am not voting for someone, but against someone else. I ardently believe that a no confidence vote is essential for a system to maintain its ability to not become stagnate and have "professional politicians".

I ardently believe that a no confidence vote is essential for a system to maintain its ability to not become stagnate and have "professional politicians".

Good thought, I wish we had that in the US as well. I always vote, but usually vote for the 3rd party since neither of the two biggies ever seem that different. Only when the election is scheudualed to be close do I vote for a major party, and thankfully, that doesn't happen often in my state (WA). No confidence votes would be excellent, however. I suppose a "no confidence" victory would require a second election with different canidates?

Now if we can just get people to stop voting along party lines without thinking about it.... Unfortunatly, that's about the only way to get anything done, due to the rampant partisanship on the ol' Hill.

And nice new title Fish, by the way...