Science Forums

Is Bible history fact or fiction?

eMTee

Ok, when it comes to the Hebrews crossing of the Red Sea..

After extensive archeological investigation throughout the region, nothing has ever been found that can conclusively be tied to the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt - or can even argue for a large population of people ever occupying the area. Sorry, no winner this time, please try again.

After extensive archeological investigation throughout the region, nothing has ever been found that can conclusively be tied to the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt - or can even argue for a large population of people ever occupying the area. Sorry, no winner this time, please try again.
now wouldn't that typical of you, such things are expected. It's not the lack of evidence that takes you away from consideration, it's the lack of desire for it.

now wouldn't that typical of you, such things are expected. It's not the lack of evidence that takes you away from consideration, it's the lack of desire for it.

Actually I followed your recommendation and googled the Red Sea Bridge and that is what I found. Perhaps you can provide some more specific archeological references, I doubt it though.

Ok...you have your evidence of it being false..but these things are suportive of it...it is a large, flat underwater landbridge that goes straight to the other side,

the beach that is on one side has cliffs surrounding it by land, so that they have nothing but the sea to look at, except for a gap in the middle connecting the beach to a large path that goes all the way to Egypt,

chariot wheels and bones of people (the riders) are scattered all over the sea bed on both sides of the landbridge,

two man-made pillers, one on both sides of the land bridge for some reason.

And the plus evidence they might find.

Ok...you have your evidence of it being false..but these things are suportive of it...it is a large, flat underwater landbridge that goes straight to the other side,

the beach that is on one side has cliffs surrounding it by land, so that they have nothing but the sea to look at, except for a gap in the middle connecting the beach to a large path that goes all the way to Egypt,

chariot wheels and bones of people (the riders) are scattered all over the sea bed on both sides of the landbridge,

two man-made pillers, one on both sides of the land bridge for some reason.

And the plus evidence they might find.

Local peoples with a need to regularly cross a body of water, a river, lake etc., will seek out a shallow passage and may even mark it for future use. People through the ages could have used a shallow crossing like that and there would be an accumulation of human artifacts in the areas as a result. Just because a shallow crossing exists doesn't mean it was created by some supernatural power for some mass exodus. Bodies of water around the world have shallow places. So what.

Local peoples with a need to regularly cross a body of water, a river, lake etc., will seek out a shallow passage and may even mark it for future use. People through the ages could have used a shallow crossing like that and there would be an accumulation of human artifacts in the areas as a result. Just because a shallow crossing exists doesn't mean it was created by some supernatural power for some mass exodus. Bodies of water around the world have shallow places. So what.

That would be a considerate thought..although, this is not the only thing that is suported by geological findings that the Bible claims ...the wheels on the sea floor date clear up to the year that the Bible story claims to have taken place. (for one...determining by the amount of spokes on the wheels, and the style). NOTE: all the wheels seem to be seperated from the chariots. this is described in Exodus also. They also found Judicial rock carvings eather at the site, or other sites.

They have also found the 12 wells in 70 palmtrees location, the bitter spring. the rock on the hill that gushed water from it, the golden calf site, and the real Mt. Sinai (which has evidence for every story that the Bible claims took place on the mountian. And other exodus events, those of which I cannon think of for the moment.

go search on www.google.com , and typg "search for the real mt. sinai" or "Hebrews crossing the red sea".

I do not know who all worked on it.

this land bridge goes strate to the other side, its flat on top

No such thing. Information from google searches shows you are completely misinformed. Egyption historians make no mention of it. Even biblical archeologists, who dreamed up the so called evidence in the first place have conceded there were no tribes of Hebrews in Egypt.

• 1 month later...

ok i have two things to say the first i was told a couple of years ago in grade 6 the bible is a heap of bull#$%*! and that it was made up by a drunk looking for quick money just like oprea

the seconed is that the red sea mentioned in the bible could actually be something other place at the moment i can not remmember what it is but yeah the the best example of what happened was in that simpsons epersod were milhouse is homer and to escape the pharor they flush all them toilets :) :xx:

• 2 weeks later...
The Bible..in my opinion has facts and ficticious stories. You have to remember that this is a story that is comprised of many different people passing the stories on to others. You know...like the telephone game.....some of it has to be exaggerated..right? Also people enterpret different meanings to what they read or hear.

Phoenix, There is a difference with The Bible and the way the telephone game is usually played. If you took a group of 20 people and told them all the same phrase and then sent them to 20 different circles where they played the traditional telephone game and then you brought the 20 groups back together and compared what made it to the end, yu would have an agreement as to what the original message was. This is how the written Bible we have today was compiled.

Do you doubt the existence of Ghengis Khan? Eric the Red? We have far more archaeological evidence for Bible stories than we do of those two and many other historical figures you would have no problem believing in. Then it just becomes a matter of where you put your faith.

ok i have two things to say the first i was told a couple of years ago in grade 6 the bible is a heap of bull#$%*! and that it was made up by a drunk looking for quick money just like oprea

the seconed is that the red sea mentioned in the bible could actually be something other place at the moment i can not remmember what it is but yeah the the best example of what happened was in that simpsons epersod were milhouse is homer and to escape the pharor they flush all them toilets.

The drunk looking for gold was Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon religion. Reading your post I'm beginning to think you're drunk. I too go to The Simpsons, Southpark and Poki Mon to get my historical facts straight. ;)

The pillars found on eather side of the underwater land bridge suport that it was surely the Hebrews crossing the sea, and suports why. with one of the pillars having writeing in Hebrew on it.

"This monument is erected by King Solomon, king of Israel, in honor of Yahweh in commemoration of the crossing of the Red Sea."

"MIZRAIM (Egypt), SOLOMON, EDOM, DEATH, PHARAOH, MOSES, YAHWEH."

with the Hebrew words for Egypt, death, water, pharaoh, Yahweh, and Solomon, and concluded