Science Forums

Is Bible history fact or fiction?

eMTee

The pillars found on eather side of the underwater land bridge suport that it was surely the Hebrews crossing the sea, and suports why. with one of the pillars having writeing in Hebrew on it.

"This monument is erected by King Solomon, king of Israel, in honor of Yahweh in commemoration of the crossing of the Red Sea."

The Red Sea? Are you SURE about that? Seems I recall reading that "Red Sea" is a mistranslation that has been propagated over the years, the original being properly translated as "Sea of Reeds".

The Red Sea? Are you SURE about that? Seems I recall reading that "Red Sea" is a mistranslation that has been propagated over the years, the original being properly translated as "Sea of Reeds".
I'm sorry..as I was aware, the sea is (these days) named with Both the "Red Sea" and "the Dead Sea" I always thought that it is known as eather of those names..the Sea of Reeds is what it was called, it may be known as that in other countries, but as time goes on..names somtimes change. And thus with this one. if I have sead "the Sea of Reeds" there might be a person who asks "what is that?" I have found out just reciently that it was called the Sea of reeds..I have read that name a few times..but Have just realized that thanks to you.

bomab.

Here are just a few sites that I have found with the information..sorry, they mainly all tend to be Bible sites, I have not been successful at finding a secular opinion of the evidence.

http://www.bibleprobe.com

http://www.discoverynews.info/h_files.htm/Red%20Sea%20Crossing.htm

http://www.oceansoft2000.com/jesusisreal/RedSea.htm

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33168

http://www.genesisfiles.com/Exodus_RedSea.htm

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~leedas/redsea.html

The Bible, when interpreted correctly, explains the origins of life on this Earth by extraterrestrial scientists and how these extraterrestrials interacted little or a lot with humans. One point to get across is that Elohim has been mistranslated as "God" but really means "Those that came from the sky". Elohim is a plural Hebrew word. These aliens scientists created all life on Earth, including us, as stated in Genesis. The prophets (including Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Mohammed, etc) were messengers of the Elohim. I can make many references relating the Elohim to the Bible, but I'll make just one.

Noah flood. When mankind was getting scientifically advanced, the Elohim, especially Satan, were terrified that humans would invade their planet. So, they planted bombs (similat to H Bombs) all over the Earth (There was one continent at the time what we call Pangaea) and the flooding and nuclear waste spread all over the Earth. But Noah and a few friends were spared from this flood in the safety of their spaceship. After the flood, there were 7 continents we are now familiar with today. And by the way,animals were not in the ark (spaceship), a cell sample from each animal was taken so they can be recreated after the flood was over.

I hope you don't seriously believe that.

The word God is used in plural to signify the trinity. All of the prophets, were born on earth. And there are still prophets today, prophecy is one of the gifts of the Spirit, I and many of even my closest friends have prophecied. If you were joking, please be more indicative, if you do not belive in God, I think you would be safer sticking to evolution then that.

blazer200x... how many of the prophecies that you and your friends tell come true, just as you tell them?

The Bible, when interpreted correctly, explains the origins of life on this Earth by extraterrestrial scientists and how these extraterrestrials interacted little or a lot with humans. One point to get across is that Elohim has been mistranslated as "God" but really means "Those that came from the sky". Elohim is a plural Hebrew word. These aliens scientists created all life on Earth, including us, as stated in Genesis. The prophets (including Jesus, Moses, Buddha, Mohammed, etc) were messengers of the Elohim. I can make many references relating the Elohim to the Bible, but I'll make just one.

Noah flood. When mankind was getting scientifically advanced, the Elohim, especially Satan, were terrified that humans would invade their planet. So, they planted bombs (similat to H Bombs) all over the Earth (There was one continent at the time what we call Pangaea) and the flooding and nuclear waste spread all over the Earth. But Noah and a few friends were spared from this flood in the safety of their spaceship. After the flood, there were 7 continents we are now familiar with today. And by the way,animals were not in the ark (spaceship), a cell sample from each animal was taken so they can be recreated after the flood was over.

?!...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL HAHAHA!!!! *tears of heavy hearted laughter as I role on the ground* Dude, that is one way out conclusion. It is ultra similar to a BUNCH of other Bible bashing liberal secular stories.

By the way...you got a ton of stuff twisted up tangled to eachother, combining multiple totaly seperate beliefs togeather to make one real messed up religous belief.

The book of Daniel written in the time of Babylon (2 century B.C.) predicts the fall of Babylon, the rise and fall of Medo-Persia, the rise and fall of Ancient Greece, the rise and division of Rome into ten countries and the demise of three of those ten, before predicting the coming of the Lord to set up an eternal kingdom.

In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream and visions of his head while on his bed. Then he wrote down the dream, telling the main facts.

Daniel spoke, saying, "I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

"And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: "Arise, devour much flesh!'

"After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard, which had on its back four wings of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.

"After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.

"I watched till thrones were put in place,

And the Ancient of Days was seated;

His garment was white as snow,

And the hair of His head was like pure wool.

His throne was a fiery flame,

Its wheels a burning fire;

A fiery stream issued

And came forth from before Him.

A thousand thousands ministered to Him;

Ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him.

The court was seated,

And the books were opened.

"I watched then because of the sound of the pompous words which the horn was speaking; I watched till the beast was slain, and its body destroyed and given to the burning flame. As for the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away, yet their lives were prolonged for a season and a time.

"I was watching in the night visions,

And behold, One like the Son of Man,

Coming with the clouds of heaven!

He came to the Ancient of Days,

And they brought Him near before Him.

Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,

That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.

His dominion is an everlasting dominion,

Which shall not pass away,

And His kingdom the one

Which shall not be destroyed.

"I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things: "Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth. But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'

"Then I wished to know the truth about the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its nails of bronze, which devoured, broke in pieces, and trampled the residue with its feet; and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.

"I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom.

"Thus he said:

"The fourth beast shall be

A fourth kingdom on earth,

Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,

And shall devour the whole earth,

Trample it and break it in pieces.

The ten horns are ten kings

Who shall arise from this kingdom.

And another shall rise after them;

He shall be different from the first ones,

And shall subdue three kings.

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,

Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,

And shall intend to change times and law.

Then the saints shall be given into his hand

For a time and times and half a time.

"But the court shall be seated,

And they shall take away his dominion,

To consume and destroy it forever.

Then the kingdom and dominion,

And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,

Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.

His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,

And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.'

"This is the end of the account. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts greatly troubled me, and my countenance changed; but I kept the matter in my heart."
— Daniel 7 nkjv

blazer200x... how many of the prophecies that you and your friends tell come true, just as you tell them?

All of the ones that are for the present come true as we speak them or immediatly after. We were at camp recently, and their is a kid there named Drew who has to where these special sunglasses and this hat all the time, because if he ever looks directly at a light, even if it's not too bright, he'll have seizures. The prophecy over him was that the problem would slowly diminish until it was gone comepletely. As soon as this prophecy was spoken, they prayed for him, a few people had visions, and he was comepletely healed immediatly, all that night and until about 5:00pm the next day he didn't have to use his glasses or his hat. Then the seizures came back, but only half as bad as they had been before, and throughout the rest of camp, he used the glasses and hat less and less. Their was another kid their named... I can't remember her name (their was a seperate camp for the young kids, so I wasn't at the meeting). She had asthma, and someone said that they should pray for that, they did, and she was healed. It didn't come back either. She was running around like crazy, playing as hard as she could in all the sports, she was so excited that she could finally run and play and breath hard, and never have to stop. Both of these were inspiring to some of the other campers that didn't want to be prayed for, or have anything to do for the services. It was really great. Anyway, just thought you should know that.

By the way Southtown, What Daniel was talking about is more detailed in the book of revelations, it's sometimes hard to determine what is litteral and what is metaphorical, most of the things are symbolic of things that are to happen, or have recently happened. Some say that 9-11 was what Revelations reffered to as "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen!" (Their's alot more then that). Maybe the plagues it talks about will come true litteraly in a slightly different way. Try reading certain parts of Revelations imagining the effects of a nuclear war. It's pretty scary the similarities.

I hope you don't seriously believe that.

blazer2000x-

Why do you hope that this isn't a true belief?

Everyone has their own ideas, their own theories, of how this world started, and of what the truth is. None is more true or false than any other, since there is no way to categorically determine the validity of any idea/theory. There are some that may seem a bit far-fetched to some people. I mean, do you honestly believe that there is some big floating dude up in the sky that just snapped his fingers and the earth was born? To some, especially here, that also sounds crazy.

Please make sure, all of you, that you don't try to belittle the ideas or thoughts of another. Instead of asking "Do you really believe that?", ask "Do you have any proof for that belief? How did you come to that conclusion?" Asking where the person got their information and how they arrived at their conclusions will do two things: 1) It will help you understand why they have that belief; 2) It will keep you from looking like a narrow-minded person to others in this forum.

For the record, I've heard the spaceship/Noah thing before, many times. It was a favorite of my Philosophy professor's about 15 years ago. He loved saying it in mixed company, meaning religious/non-religious. He didn't believe it, but used it as a way to show how far a person could go when trying to come up with answers that we just can't answer yet. It did the trick, as most religious people argued how stupid it sounded (because of course, God caused the flood, and it was an ark, and there were animals, etc.), and then the non-religious ones laughed at the obsurdity of that. What a comic the guy was. He reminded me of a few around here that love to 'stir the pot'. :)

Yes, of course, I am sure everyone is entitled to there belief. Actually I was at first a little confused as to whether he was joking or not. If he believes that, no one can change his mind unless he lets them. And that's fine. I think I've heard something along the lines of Noah's Ark being a spaceship before, a little different though. But as a person entitled to my own opinion, I believe the idea of God being a group of extraterestrial scientists is completely ridiculous. (no offense) Where exactly did you get the idea that the Bible confirmed this? Or history and science for that matter? The Bible isn't exactly vague as to who God is. (unless of course you are too convinced your right to try to understand it) OK, I think I should probably stop now, it's getting harder not to sound like someone trying to convert you away from your beliefs.

eMtee: I am a Christian, I am a part of the move of God. We believe denominations don't matter as long as you believe in Jesus and accept Him as your personal saviour. So I don't consider myself a part of any specific denominations. In my opinion, If you believe in Jesus as the son of God, you are in the same denomination as me.

that is not proof at all.

Of course not...not for someone as enlightened as you.

Funny how skeptics put down things they don't want to believe in based on "no proof." Then you bring them proof and they dipute the authenticity of that. You will never be satisfied, and we pity you for that.

Of course not...not for someone as enlightened as you.

Funny how skeptics put down things they don't want to believe in based on "no proof." Then you bring them proof and they dipute the authenticity of that. You will never be satisfied, and we pity you for that.

I think what he meant was that the various flood mythologies from different cultures don't really support the idea of a world wide flood. Why not? Because the accounts of the flood from these different cultures don't match up particularly well, and all the early civilizations were located near bodies of water that routinely flooded. As such, an abundance of flood mythologies doesn't prove a worldwide flood. (also, such a flood would have left, one would think, geological traces that don't seem to be found).

Lastly, this is, above all, a science forum. Science is about being skeptical, questioning authority. It thrives because certain people will never be satisfied. People who are scientifically trained tend to develop skepticism, and it serves them well.

-Will

I think what he meant was that the various flood mythologies from different cultures don't really support the idea of a world wide flood. Why not? Because the accounts of the flood from these different cultures don't match up particularly well, and all the early civilizations were located near bodies of water that routinely flooded. As such, an abundance of flood mythologies doesn't prove a worldwide flood. (also, such a flood would have left, one would think, geological traces that don't seem to be found).

Lastly, this is, above all, a science forum. Science is about being skeptical, questioning authority. It thrives because certain people will never be satisfied. People who are scientifically trained tend to develop skepticism, and it serves them well.

-Will

all the evidence that you mentioned has been found, and have been found all over the globe, this is not a "limited to certain regions" kind of suported topic.

the many many ancient stories of a global flood does not make the story falce..but does the oposite for that possibility. There are mountains of geological suport for a global flood..and I do not care if they say that the Earth couldn't have had such an event. Skippy is extremely correct.

Science is about being skeptical, questioning authority. It thrives because certain people will never be satisfied...People who are scientifically trained tend to develop skepticism, and it serves them well.
Being skeptical is not being never satisfied, I am for being skeptical, in fact..I think the Atheists should be more skeptical with Atheism. I see proof that there is a God (undenyable proof) and I am satisfied with Christianity. People who are never satisfied, are never happy or content...I'm not saying quit being skeptical with everything that pops up.