Science Forums

Does Ath*ism have a future? NO!

theatheismwars

the really SHARP END OF OCCAM’S RAZOR…

they mix SKEPTICISM with ATHEISM…

KABOOM…

Now I want you to listen to this little f*cker...

Randi:

When I see your UGLY FACE I understand why you are an atheist

now I want you to watch this video of DELUSION...

YouTube- It really is okay to Think Atheist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2zsobxJDU

with the atheists:

they start begging when they start dying...

Atheists,

but you have NO ANSWER TO DEATH... therefore you FAIL...

the Death of Ath*ism

YouTube- The Nightline Face-Off: Does God Have a Future? (1 of 12) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8-Yxdphsg

DEATH TRAP

THE REAL QUESTION:

DOES ATHEISM HAVE A FUTURE?

AND THE ANSWER - NO!

Atheists,

GET OUT OF MY UNIVERSE

you little liars do nothing but antagonize…

and you try to eliminate all the dreams and hopes of humanity…

but you LOST…

THE DEATH OF ATH*ISM - SCIENTIFIC PROOF OF GOD

Crystal Night, Atheists!

FINALE:

Have I said this before?

http://warsofatheism.free0host.com/

PULLING THE PLUG on atheism

http://www.firstscience.com/site/articles/coles.asp

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3332/3228845133_3599f8108f.jpg

bye

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20090126/as-indonesia-solar-eclipse/images/c52d9d50-7ca2-4c3a-b13c-c866836298c8.jpg

Einstein puts the final nail in the coffin of atheism…

YouTube- Time Travel: Einstein's big idea (Theory of Relativity) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7vpw4AH8QQ

atheists deny their own life element…

LIGHT OR DEATH, ATHEISTS?

***************************LIGHT*********

_________

YouTube- E=mc²: Einstein explains his famous formula http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7Sg41Bp-U

E=MC2

YouTube- Was Einstein an Atheist? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmtK-X_MV0k&feature=fvw

DOWN THE TOILET!!!

http://open.salon.com/blog/sandra_no_longer_miller/2009/02/13/files/lamb1234553042.jpg

LAMB POWER!

--------------------------------------

UNDERSTAND!!!?

Shermer - Randi - Myers - Harris - Dawkins VS. NOSTRADAMUS - EINSTEIN - MARKUZE

you are ANNIHILATED!!!

crystal night is a reference to when the SUN IS ECLIPSED...

--------------------------------------

FINAL WARNINGS THIS WEEKEND

Repent and turn to God or be destroyed...

LIGHT OR DEATH, ATHEISTS?

***************************LIGHT*********

************************************ or death...

LIGHT!

Although i know you are just a one hit wonder type of poster i honestly wonder why you think religion has any answers that are better than atheism. i can believe in many things but belief does not equate with truth. Atheism does not say it has all the answers but religion does even though it has no more answers than any other belief system. All you have is the need to believe, no proof, no evidence nothing but a need. Your assertion that atheism is doomed is no better than the assertion that religion is doomed. You have nothing to back you up but emotion, you have no need for truth or evidence, your belief is fixed. How ever atheism is capable of changing as new information comes in.

I'm just wondering when this guy (theatheismwars) is gonna come out of the closet and admit he questions the existence of god.

All this bluster and anger and so called hatred that he's directing at atheism isn't fooling anybody. It only reveals how conflicted he is, and so his self loathing is being redirected outwardly at what he sees as the face of his inner turmoil.

It's just like finding out that the guy who is all upset and angry about homosexuals is actually gay.

Well, not to side with anyone here, but basically this is the same behavior radical atheists seem to exhibit when they post in a religious forums, and it too is wrong, unless specifically asked for. I mean i am neither completely religious nor completely atheist, more of a lingerer in the middle open to possibilities. I condone this kind of behavior, from both sides actually, i think that if someone becomes a better person, or feels better about their life because they believe in invisible green monsters, so be it, similarly if you are a logical, i wonder how it works person, well great, go tinker and learn and feel great while doing it. What i hate the most is when someone comes up with a conclusion for themselves and then tries to prove everyone that his is the only possible way, and enforces it as if its some sort of law, or election campaign. If you truly believe in something, there shouldn't be a need to prove it to everyone else, at least without provocation.

I'm just wondering when this guy (theatheismwars) is gonna come out of the closet and admit he questions the existence of god.

All this bluster and anger and so called hatred that he's directing at atheism isn't fooling anybody. It only reveals how conflicted he is, and so his self loathing is being redirected outwardly at what he sees as the face of his inner turmoil.

It's just like finding out that the guy who is all upset and angry about homosexuals is actually gay.

That's because he needs a chill pill. :phones:

YouTube - Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc&feature=related

One thing that I've realized over the years is that many religions are based on fear or terror and the denial of our life here in favor of the life hereafter, even if they focus on love, toleration, or living a good life. It's a bit of a muddled mindset, and I think this is a tragic mistake. We shouldn't walk through life with fear or terror. It distracts us from how to best live our lives.

One thing that I've realized over the years is that many religions are based on fear or terror and the denial of our life here in favor of the life hereafter, even if they focus on love, toleration, or living a good life.

Well, to mangle von Clausewitz a bit: Religion is often a continuation of politics by other means...

In your life expect some trouble, but when you worry, you make it double, :shrug:

Buffy

Religion was invented to stop poor people from lynching rich people.

That's not at all what religion was invented for, at least IMHO. Religion was initially intended to explain to people before the notion of science, how things around them worked, people turned on imagination, and bam out came the gods. But then some people realized that hey, if i can show to other people that gods favor me, and other people are all afraid of the gods, then by controlling their fear, i can control them... Before, you see, the only person who had control was the most elder of the family on the male side, person who was the most knowledgeable, the most fit, at least in his young days, and thus (for Buffy) the most experienced lover. But religious leaders realized that they could beat the system to gain power, even over the leaders, and so the religious leader not-so-secret, but for milleniah, never really questioned society took hold....

That's because rich people could afford bigger and stronger gods...

with hookers aaand beer (futurama reference)

... i think that if someone becomes a better person, or feels better about their life because they believe in invisible green monsters, so be it, similarly if you are a logical, i wonder how it works person, well great, go tinker and learn and feel great while doing it.

This is pretty much my position on the naturalism vs. supernaturalism divide, one which I think we share with many if not the majority of present day living people, and likely with most people who ever lived.

Nonetheless, I often won’t stand quietly by when someone expounds on a supernatural belief that offends my own naturalistic ones, such as claims that the Russian or US government have secret cadres of mindreaders, claravoyants, and teleketics, or that “psychic detectives” commonly find lost children, murder victims, and murderers. It seems I’m quite happy to let others believe in invisible green monsters, so long as those monsters don’t intrude on my ideas about what is known and knowable. Invisible monsters that can snoop on secret information, psychically control your friends and enemies, or take out the trash and do the dishes cross the line for me, because while I think belief in such things is somewhat harmless, I don’t think it’s entirely harmless. Reliance in the supernatural that interferes with actions that presume the natural – police investigators accepting guidance without rational explanation from professional psychics, religiously devout people refusing clearly effective medical treatment in favor of praying for miraculous cures, etc. seem to me dangerous, and as much to be condemned as drunk driving and not wearing a seatbelt.

Even not obviously harmful beliefs, such as in the reality of mindreaders and telekinetics, strikes me as a saddening waste of human life and effort, a sort of blinding to a far richer, more wonderful understanding of reality that can be had via a more skeptical and materialistic worldview. When, as they commonly do, supernaturalists describe science and rationality to me as shallow and wonderless, I want to, and usually do, tell them to try really experiencing it before reaching this conclusion. Alas, I’m rarely successful, and what few successes I’ve had have, I think, been incidental to factors other than the strength of my verbal appeal, such as the trust of a child in a parent, and the capacity of someone sexually attracted to you to consider and adopt your beliefs.

My most recent 10 months have brought me very new experiences in relating to supernaturalists, and feel about the possibility of being one myself. In September, my young adult son died following several days unconscious on life support, during which and for weeks after, I and my wife and close friends were bombarded with well-meant supernatural claims, nearly all variations of “you son is not dead, but is alive in a better world we can little or not at all perceive”. Because these benedictions were so kindly meant, and often were of solace to the speaker, I never challenged them, answering (I’m sure it seemed to some stupidly and mechanically) just “thank you” or “I’m glad you believe that”. Occasionally, in conversations that were so sincere they warranted it, I confessed to not believing in immortal souls and afterlives, but almost always with the qualification “but who really knows?” I was the quintessential “Bright light”.

I was also, and episodically still am, grief stricken, often to the point of diminished ability. At such times, I’m somewhat envious of my many religious and spiritualistic friends, because it’s clear to me that their belief gives them a very useful mental technique for controlling and abating grief that I altogether lack. At times, I wonder if I could “fall off the atheist wagon” and adopt one, some, or all of the myriad variations of belief in immortal souls and joyous afterlives, the way I’ve learned mathematical techniques and martial arts moves. I don’t think I can – despite so many people apparently having it, such belief is not, it seems, something one can just learn or join. Nonetheless, the prospect is seductive to me, like booze or narcotics to an anxious person – another technique unavailable to me, as I’ve had, and continue to have a lifelong personal code against drinking or drugging when unhappy.

So, while I continue to feel a naturalistic worldview is best – for me, and I believe, for people able to have one – I must concede that, on average, supernaturalists are better at handling grief, and I feel more empathy toward them. (Hellfire and brimstone spewing fundamentalists excluded – they still piss me off almost to blows :shrug:)

I’ve had, and continue to have a lifelong personal code against drinking or drugging when unhappy.

Those of us who don't believe in an afterlife have to find some other way of dealing with loss. And since we're a tribal species, we need others to help us. It isn't something you can easily get through on your own.

Larry Niven introduced me to the idea of the "ceremonial drunk": a group of friends/relatives getting quietly (or not so quietly) plastered in memory of somebody who's died. I've tried it a couple of times, though not in circumstances as mindshaking as yours.

The first time, it was a workmate. A sudden, tragic and totally meaningless death which hit the rest of us hard. We'd been grieving for a couple of months and it didn't seem to be getting any better. Eventually I suggested the Ceremonial Drunk. We sat around all night, drinking and remembering Colin at his best. A lot of laughing, a fair bit of throwing-up, and monster hangovers all round when we finally surfaced the next day. It somehow drew a line under the grief and let us get on with living.

I don't often drink, and like you I prefer not to drink when I'm unhappy, but it might be worth a try.