Science Forums

Vesica Piscis--real Sacred Geometry

Turtle

except in the last case, where i overlapped the pentagrams, i have arranged the petals centered on a vertex of the long axis. here i have arranged the petals on their common center, doubling the "apparent" number of petals. :idea:

5 petals: style 04 (notice the resulting regular decagon at the center. :painting:)

• 3 weeks later...
___I mentioned this shape & attachment in another thread, but it deserves its own for a proper exploration. I will just start by attaching my exposition, & after you look it over maybe Google Vesica Piscis or check in a dictionary. :turtle:

(Click image for full-size view)

Note: Clicking the image has very interesting results.... none of which result in an enlarged view......WTF is foreach? WTF does Tormod have to do with it? WTF does it make several attempts if it can't get one to go through?

Hmmmmmmn....I M A G E litebulb:hihi:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tormod_guldvog/hypography.com/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 85

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tormod_guldvog/hypography.com/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 263

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tormod_guldvog/hypography.com/gallery/gallery_global.php on line 263

Note: Clicking the image has very interesting results.... none of which result in an enlarged view......WTF is foreach? WTF does Tormod have to do with it? WTF does it make several attempts if it can't get one to go through?

Hmmmmmmn....I M A G E litebulb:hihi:

i'll get a new copy up. that one is in the the old Gallery section which is not compatible with the new forum software. :bow: i may have to root around for my hardcopy & scan it again, so be patient...or else. :turtle: :magic:

• 5 months later...
Ohhh! Very pretty I want a Spirograph too!

:0001: thank you. :) but no. :cheer: not "no, you can't have a spirograph", but "no, you can't reproduce my flowers with a spirograph". just thought i oughta straighten that out. ;) you see, that last line is funny because you cannot make the straight lines that my flowers have with a spirograph. :kick: neither will a spirograph make truly "pointed" petals. :wilted: my vesica piscis flowers are pretty, but they are not your mommies' toy store flowers & as we all know by now, ich bin nicht dein muttie oder dein muttie's spielzeugladen. B)

thnx for the blump moonster. :Bump2: i'll be home for christmas. :phones:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

it came to my attention to complete some intention. in my original flower, the petal did not include the diagonals of the squares which determine the length 2√2, nor did it include the pentagram & the value Φ. while i did construct a 12 petal flower with both of those exclusions included, i never caught up to a 12-petal vesica piscis flower with just the 2√2 addition to the original edition. some things you just have to sleep on for a few years. :turtle: :night_moon:

• 1 month later...

while my intention attention was wandering wondering i noticed the glaring omissions of 6-petaled vesica piscis flowers. :clue: how could i!! :kick: note that my original petal sans square diameters i term style-1, petals with square diagonals included style-2, petal style-2 plus one pentagram is style-3, and with both pentagrams style-4.

this evening i corrected my omissions & constructed two new 6-petal flowers using style-3 & style-4 petals & attached them below. :painting: season's greetings! :partycheers:

flower6 ptl3 01a

flower6 ptl4 01a