Science Forums

Vesica Piscis--real Sacred Geometry

Turtle

The first in is the last out; le Croix Priapus in the bloom.

Inasmuch as the dimensions of the flower have their basis in the vesica piscis and the short radius is unity (1), it is possible to calculate the area of each cross or other geometry I have illustrated that is defined by the flower. Following that set of calculations, a comparison of the areas to one another is recommendable. :D :)

The first in is the last out; le Croix Priapus in the bloom.
An odd name, Croix Priapus. The only Priapus of which I’m aware is the old Greek fertility (or perhaps a more complex meaning) god that appears in places like the ruins of Pompeii.

Although a pretty well-known mythological figure - a medical condition, priapism, is named for him, and even a comic book villain - Priapus is among the last I’d expect a cruciform to be named for!

An odd name, Croix Priapus. The only Priapus of which I’m aware is the old Greek fertility (or perhaps a more complex meaning) god that appears in places like the ruins of Pompeii.

Although a pretty well-known mythological figure - a medical condition, priapism, is named for him, and even a comic book villain - Priapus is among the last I’d expect a cruciform to be named for!

:doh: All true. Because the name croix priapus is the last expected name for a cross, I chose it as the first to post that I made up; a bit of a joke to see if anyone is paying attention. :hihi:

Moreover, I meant to give you a chuckle Craig in particular. :) At any rate, I'm the one chuckling now as I have caught your attention on a circumcised croix cramponnee. :D :confused:

Here is a handy page of crosses with their names and bits of history.

All Crosses

Wicky has something similar:

Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• 1 year later...

I am enjoying this thread immensely, you guys have turned up more on the Vesica Pisces than I have read anywhere! I do have a minor conundrum though. I am designing a earthen dome house of 2 intersecting semi spheres which make up the Vesica Pisces. I am also incorporating phi into my structure of the diameter of my semi spheres being (34') as in (34/21) Fibocinni. My inclination is to set the center of my second diameter @ (21') phi from my original. The intersection of the diameters creates the arcs of the Vesica Pisces but it is not a true Vesica Pisces. can you see a way which I can incorporate both aspects into my design?

I am enjoying this thread immensely, you guys have turned up more on the Vesica Pisces than I have read anywhere! I do have a minor conundrum though. I am designing a earthen dome house of 2 intersecting semi spheres which make up the Vesica Pisces. I am also incorporating phi into my structure of the diameter of my semi spheres being (34') as in (34/21) Fibocinni. My inclination is to set the center of my second diameter @ (21') phi from my original. The intersection of the diameters creates the arcs of the Vesica Pisces but it is not a true Vesica Pisces. can you see a way which I can incorporate both aspects into my design?

Welcome aboard Serapis. :) I'm having some difficulty visualizing your design without a drawing, but I won't let that keep me from commenting. :doh:

While not mathematically equal, the ratio of 1/2 the long axis to the short axis (sqr3 to 1) is so near to phi that on your scale it may have a similar visual effect as if it were phi. :eek: If you want phi in exactness, then maybe a porch off one end designed on the star pentagon shown earlier constructed on/from the vesica piscis. (post#13 by C1ay :)) Then you have phi as the ratio of the star's long sides to the sides of the interior pentagon.

Anyway, cool idea and thanks for posting. :coffee_n_pc: :turtle:

• 2 months later...

Sorry to be so off topic, but:

Doing chores, I was musing on some of the current threads. I skimmed over some of page one on this odd topic....

and had these thoughts.

Do they mean anything? If so, let me know; and what thread they should be more appropriate to....

*_*

Shapes allow interactions between interfaces to be maximized (or not, depending on the shape).

If the higher dimensions had to interact with this dimension, then shapes would develop or evolve which maximized the interaction (with developed spin).

If expansion is considered, then shapes evolve more....

Emergence of 3D space, out of the plane of interaction of expansion, would create what we perceive as gravity.

~ *_*

Sorry to be so off topic, but:

Doing chores, I was musing on some of the current threads. I skimmed over some of page one on this odd topic....

and had these thoughts.

Do they mean anything? If so, let me know; and what thread they should be more appropriate to....

*_*

Shapes allow interactions between interfaces to be maximized (or not, depending on the shape).

If the higher dimensions had to interact with this dimension, then shapes would develop or evolve which maximized the interaction (with developed spin).

If expansion is considered, then shapes evolve more....

Emergence of 3D space, out of the plane of interaction of expansion, would create what we perceive as gravity.

~ *_*

If this thread prompted your thinking, then it's not off-topic to me. :rotfl: As you may have noticed, I had to seek mathematical help here to get the volumes of the 2 possible 3-d spinnings of the 2-d vesica piscis, so on that account I simply don't know how to evaluate your speculation.

Also blocking my way in that regard is my current study of Buckminster Fuller's Synergetics, which I have not penetrated sufficiently to answer you cogently either. Bucky does address your terms and issues however & if you care to follow along in the exploration, the thread is now in Philosophy. :turtle:Synergetics: Explorations in the Geometry of Thinking

• 8 months later...
The vesica pisces, mandalas and sacred geometry are discussed and explained on my site spam_link_overwritten

the vesica piscis, mandalas, and sacred geometry are discussed and explained right here, by me. cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh! . . . . . :shrug:

• 3 months later...

so as i was saying, the vesica piscis flowers i have presented are all of the 12-petaled variety. this is a natural extention of having a 3-petal veisca piscis flower where petal vertices coincide at one end and have their long axes each rotated 60º one to the other and so bringing their petal-edge arcs exactly tangent. 4 such 3-petal flowers overlain and rotated 30º each from the other gives the 12-petal flower. naturally, we can construct any n*3-petal flowers, to the limits of our senses, and so here is the 9-petal vesica piscis flower. :hihi:

in retrospect, i think i left out some of the important geometry, or geometric relations that is, from my generator petal. specifically the diagonals of the 2 squares and so the square root of 2. :) no worries; i'm on it. ;)

generator petal 01:

generator petal 02: