Science Forums

What is the true purpose of our life here on Earth?

Dark Mind

Jeez, doesn't anyone read MY answer?
:turtle:

We exist to simply be ourselves.

what r we? most developed being that has the power to controle other beings that exist with us.

If there is a 'greater' purpose in life, then by living we fulfill it. And by living and doing that which sustains our life, we are successful.

i take it that is ur defination of success.r u talking about progression?if we do actions that do not help in sustaining life then we r a failears(=extinct)

We do not have to second guess anything. Just live. And if there is a judgement upon us at the end it should only consist of, "Did you live your passion?".[/Quote]

the judgement will also be on were u the best that u could be,weather u wasted ur potentials or improved(=being thank full for the gifts God gave).in order to maximize ur potentials u need nature.so being the best means maximize ur potentials.u know in order to be successful what needs to be developed.

I would have to say (with the chance of offending somebody) that if a serial killer/rapist/molester thought that their true purpose in life was to kill, rape, or molest then they should try to fulfill it as best as they can, but they should also be aware that there are people who believe it is a very worthy cause in life to stop serial killers/rapists/molesters. With this in mind I think we should realize that everyone has their own view of what "purpose" is in life, and that others may not agree with what you think of as being a "good" purpose.

EXACTLY MY POINT. should we define good and bad or evil?what would happen if we did not agree to weather the RED signal is for GO or the GREEN says go. what if every one had there own defination or idea of when to cross the road and when to stop?just as we have devised a system to save the trafic from chaos,there is a system to save us from chaos.that is why we must have definate definations of good and bad(evil).which cant be changing at any time.saves time and saves u from pain my young friend.in the business world too there r definations and we cant change those.same goes for maths.

Speculating about red and green lights does not concern human life on Earth. You're talking about civilization, which is an offshoot of intelligent life, intelligence being a survival strategy akin to large teeth or sharp claws. It's not necessarily a more efficient survival strategy, as thermonuclear bombs, Al Qaida, George Bush, etc. will testify. It was not planned, it was not intended. Culture and civilization happened quite by accident.

There is no purpose to our life here on Earth.

If you believe there is, you're more than welcome to believe it - I won't deny you that. It's your prerogative - you're just wrong.

The best reason I can come up with for our existence, is that we should procreate, increase our numbers, so that we can distribute energy more efficiently and quickly, seeing as we are only agents for the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

That's a very grim perspective. Many people have wound up killing themselves because they think life has no purpose. Still, I suppose everyone has there own idea of how the universe is supposed to work on levels which science cannot touch. I think even if life has no ordained purpose or whatever it is that philosiphers search for, it still has the meaning and purpose that each individual gives it.

Speculating about red and green lights does not concern human life on Earth. You're talking about civilization, which is an offshoot of intelligent life, intelligence being a survival strategy akin to large teeth or sharp claws. It's not necessarily a more efficient survival strategy, as thermonuclear bombs, Al Qaida, George Bush, etc. will testify. It was not planned, it was not intended. Culture and civilization happened quite by accident.

There is no purpose to our life here on Earth.

If you believe there is, you're more than welcome to believe it - I won't deny you that. It's your prerogative - you're just wrong.

The best reason I can come up with for our existence, is that we should procreate, increase our numbers, so that we can distribute energy more efficiently and quickly, seeing as we are only agents for the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

i c so u do believe there is a perpouse i think in your own words u r saying is that we should be creating harmony and balance for progression. by the way u did not understand what the trafic light system is saying.entropy ! does that ring a bell. :turtle:

That's a very grim perspective. Many people have wound up killing themselves because they think life has no purpose. Still, I suppose everyone has there own idea of how the universe is supposed to work on levels which science cannot touch. I think even if life has no ordained purpose or whatever it is that philosiphers search for, it still has the meaning and purpose that each individual gives it.

Quite the opposite, I believe. Once you get to realise that there is no purpose, that there is nothing after Death, it's a good impetus to be true and just and kind, to be righteous, in this life - 'cause this is the only shot you're ever going to get at it.

It's a very emancipating realisation - and serves also to nip a whole bunch of religious paranoia and angst and guilt in the bud.

Freedom of the mind is a good thing.

Guest kyle8921

I tend to be more religious, so of course, our point is to serve God and love Him, and a test for Heaven or Hell.

From a completely non-religious point of view, we don't have a meaning on Earth. Our "meaning" is whatever we define it as. We could live many years and die, and nature would continue and not give a second thought as to whether we, or mankind, existed or not.

The answer of 'what is the true purpose of our life here on Earth?' is possibly in matrices:

10,000...................13,700,000,000.................... 4,500,000,000

4,500,000,000......................10,000.........................13,700,000,000

13,700,000,000............... 4,500,000,000........................10,000

'We' are 'conscious creature' here for 10,000 yrs to examine that '4.5 bya life on Earth' must require '13.7 bya space-time'. Probably 'Life' is 'Prime' and 'The Others' is 'Secondary'.

The answer of 'what is the true purpose of our life here on Earth?' is possibly in matrices:

10,000...................13,700,000,000.................... 4,500,000,000

4,500,000,000......................10,000.........................13,700,000,000

13,700,000,000............... 4,500,000,000........................10,000

'We' are 'conscious creature' here for 10,000 yrs to examine that '4.5 bya life on Earth' must require '13.7 bya space-time'. Probably 'Life' is 'Prime' and 'The Others' is 'Secondary'.

Huh :shrug:

Whatever that was, somehow I don't think so...

It is an interesting sentence but needs more explanation. Is this an anthropic explanation, or what?

By the way, human beings have been conscious for much more than 10,000 years...probably several hundred thousand years at least. I guess you mean to say that our civilization is about 10,000 years old.

if you assume we evolved from some simple organism that replicated, aren't we just more complex replicators? if the simple organism that we evolved from didn't have much of a purpose besides replicating, what purpose can we have??

so ultimately, i think my purpose is nothing more than reproducing. however, i can give my life PERSONAL PURPOSES (musician, inventing something, etc.).

It is an interesting sentence but needs more explanation. Is this an anthropic explanation, or what?

By the way, human beings have been conscious for much more than 10,000 years...probably several hundred thousand years at least. I guess you mean to say that our civilization is about 10,000 years old.

Imagine 100,000 yrs ago, when 'we' [Homo Sapiens] tried and tried to create and write 'alphabetical' and 'numerical' symbols on stone wall in a cave. Step by step process of consciousness how to speak, how to write , and how to memorize wihout a paper and a pencil.

Imagine now 'we' tried and tried to think frontiers of universe with a computer and internet communication line.

It was wrong Arsitotle conclude that Earth is centre of universe, but probably Aristotle was right that Earth is centre of 'Universe Consciousness'. Why not ? Anthropic principle have authorized it !!!!

It was wrong Arsitotle conclude that Earth is centre of universe, but probably Aristotle was right that Earth is centre of 'Universe Consciousness'. Why not ? Anthropic principle have authorized it !!!!

your conclusion is not right in the sense of religion and science. in christianity, God is center of everything and we can't predict where He is. scientifically, it's not perfect yet till the GUT is proven. Additionally, we don't confirm that earth is the only living intelligent planet in the living universe so far.

if you assume we evolved from some simple organism that replicated, aren't we just more complex replicators? if the simple organism that we evolved from didn't have much of a purpose besides replicating, what purpose can we have??

so ultimately, i think my purpose is nothing more than reproducing. however, .

:rant: it reminds me of rabbits when some one says that.

:rant: making music or creating=inventing is the atribute of creation.a potential.how much u want to develop it is up to u.

NEWS FROM THE CUTTING EDGE OF "DNA RESEARCH" :rant:

the story of DNA tells the same story of Adam's children. how we r related and have the same father. the date was given around 60000 years ago.

there r caves in south africa that have primitive tools( i mean very primitive)that dates go back to 80000 years ago and there no signs of drawn symbols(i.e. no indication that those people had developed any written form of communication paintings or any thing of that sort )