Science Forums

What is the true purpose of our life here on Earth?

Dark Mind

Ooh, good point. I never thought of that one. Though doesn't embalming do the same thing? I just have trouble with the concept of parting with my eyes and long bones after I'm dead... even though I can't use them any more. What if the Egyptians were on to something and I need my body in the afterlife and am blind and just a sack of... wait, they take the skin too, don't they? :lol:

The Egyptions removed your organs and stored them in jars near your body. At least my organs will be used for something nice :)

And I don't really think there is an afterlife, if i'm wrong then i guess i'll just be a blind pile of sludge on the other side :)

This discussion has gotten a little (well, maybe quite a bit) off topic, which was, in the beginning, what is our purpose in life. Either start a new thread with some of these ideas, or continue by discussing life's purpose - whether or not there is one, and if there is, what is it.

The true purpose of life here on Earth is:

To live peacefully, as much as possible with all men.

To contribute to the welfare of humanity.

To reach as high as opportunity will allow.

To resist death as long as possible, but when the time comes,

To die gracefully with friends at your side.

But its an honour to die in a fight for ideas in a short life.
Umm, I think those days are dead and gone :).
I think your ideas and missions makes you alive.
"your ideas and missions makes you alive"... I'm going to have to remember that :). But before I spread the word... Could you please explain what, exactly, do you mean by this. I don't think it "makes you alive", I think it gives you a purpose to keep on living. You've got it in the right thread, now can you put it in the right context :).