Science Forums

1,000 post challenge

Tormod

Oh I agree. I can't wait! But you're a mod! Tormod made you a mod and didn't let you change your avatar text? For shame!

Cheers,

Buffy

He he...power, power... :eek:

Actually, now that Orb has passed 1,000 posts he can change his custom user title!

Persistence is the key to success.

And btw nobody gets t-shirts until May 17, which is the official hypo 5-year birthday. And incidentally I am at the HCNA at that time...

I remember when I first got here, I had WAY too much time on my hands, and I spent all my time posting, and learning, and I was able to get to the five hundred posts needed for a t-shirt in about a month.

Dave....did you ever GET that t-shirt??? I think a number of people here have reason to feel ripped off...

If I don't keep my grades up, I don't get to go to school for free, so school wins. At least, for now :) Really, I learn more here than I ever will in Freshman Seminar :Alien:

LOL

Just out of curiosity.... what exactly are you learning in Freshman seminar? In a rather odd turn of events, I didn't know I was required to take a course called freshman seminar, and ended up taking it after I had been in school for 3 years.... I felt rather foolish. B) But, all we did was learn the ropes of campus (which by then was a total waste for me) and map out our planned curriculum (also pretty much a waste by that time)...

The trick to impressive post counts is to simply reply to everything.

Or you could just get in a back and forth argument with someone. Just get yourself in an Intelligent Design argument with Telemad and I'll bet you get to a 1000 pretty quick :Alien:

___You all remember what happens when the rabbit races the turtle right?

____ I try to honor my membership & acceptence here by not capriciously posting. I have had a few slip ups (probably I was drinking too much) (see thread "Dead Cow Flying Backwards, soon to be renewed if I can find it), but I find I have more than enough topical topics to keep me going.

____One of the things though I've noticed is how quickly thread titles from here move to a top listing if you Google a similar phrase. I now consider this when making a thread title in the hopes of increasing Hypography fame.

___Speaking of which, any secret plans brewing for making this place more widely known? :Alien:

___What may throw a rod in the gears for me is this moving business going on for me; I don't know when my connect will be cut or for how long. I content myself with being a pacer.