Science Forums

Katabatak Math-An Exploration In Pure Number Theory

Turtle

Thank you for breaking it down Turtle! Like Anglepose, I was a bit confused...I believe I'm starting to understand.

...we may symbolize as colors , musical notation , bunnies , etcetera.
Wow! Applied to note values (1/4 note, 1/8 note, dotted 1/4?,etc.) things could get very rhythmically interesting. Thanks Turtle, you have given me some ideas...

Of the denizens of Hypography, only Turtle would carry a "sheaf" of papers... :)

Okay, I'm still trying to figure out what you are doing with the Figurate Graphs. The links seem to be directional (although you have not drawn arrowheads) in an "upward" direction only on the X axis, but there seems to be inconsistency as to whether there links can span more than a vector length of 1. (And yes, I get what you're linking together in terms of identical K-values).

Could you spell out some more specific rules of what you're doing with these? They're clearly interesting, but I'd want more rigor before I found them "profound." :bouquet:

Kata-nutty, :knit:

Buffy

Roger Wilco :knit: I'm not sure what you mean by 'links' but I'll' pretend I do & then wait for your correction.

"Link" = "pencil lines between common K-numbers" in your pretty pictures in post 392 above. You draw them left to right, seemingly all connecting to all, but it looks like some don't connect to others: this might be just an issue of drawing them manually and missing a few. It also would seem though if the rule for drawing these lines was more intricate than "connect all" then there would be some interesting relationships to be seen...nearest neighbor, only vectors with length equal to the K-number, etc. :bouquet:

I may have missed a step here, but my question really was only about these cute little lines, Mr. Wilco... :)

Numerologically,

Buffy

The order is only for fitting onto the page, and in reality the entire 'primary graph' which is the upper left rectangle that is 12 across and 6 down in the diagram you referenced, repeats infinitely moving left and down.
I do get the de/construction of the color box. No problemo there. With marketing hat on, you'll find I'm an expert at color separations (too many press checks on brochures!), so I follow the process!
...I have colored in only the K transforms (residues) in the positions they hold in the primary graph, and then constructed a complete connected graph on their centers....If some lines are missing, I simply made an error. The lines are 'experimental' , or 'purely' to see-what-I-can-see.
That's the equation! I did pretty much assume this, but its always dangerous to underestimate the mind of a wise :turtle:
I have never paused to analyze them for their qualities as you suggest, but I have notes to that effect such as calculating the length of each line in a separation and totaling them, or calculating the perimeter and area they bound.
When you have the chance, serendipitize!

La, la, la, la, :painting:

Buffy

i am gutted as there is a problem to do with the softwre and speakers on the pc with sibelius on which means until i get it fixed sibeleus (my music writing software) will be pretty useless

looks like you might have to wait for a katabatak music peice but in the meantime i can do the math turtle could you please run up a base 15triangular graph as currently im a bit concerned with the accuracy of my own so then i can compare

it is base 15 as i have added a new "note" silence and i want 14 outcomes so there for it should be base 15 correct?

now I'll explain how i will convert.

ok then what i shall do for a basic single note riff is to first assign a note to every number/letter and basiclly write that out as a riff ill read down the triangle like youd read a book going along the rows. Simple indeed

Then to make chords what i think would work is then to "read the triangle from a diffrent one of the three points so creating the second note, then finally reading from the final point giving a third note so completeing the triad.

this could be continued for four note chords by using a square, five note chords and pentagon, etc before long you have a katabatak symphony :rotfl:.

however perhaps a problem is the amount of dischord there will be, so maybe there is a need to root out only the harmonic chords but that is delving away from math, so maybe just a bit of dischord will be ok but who knows might find some new triads or even more exiting find real chords emerging which would be like finding an entire new cavern or even cave system

I will definatly investigate this especially as im getting a new electric gutar for christams to add to my families collection

:nahnahbooboo: 4 accoustic 1 semi acoustic 2 bass :phones:

Just got back from performing a gig with the band im in (i play bass)

• 1 month later...
While any practicality or applicability or profundity in all this katabatak nonsense is satisfying, it is purely an exercise in exercise. The inclusion of the term 'pure' in the title is meant to reflect this. I ran across a couple of tables I never scanned and published in the Gallery while looking through papers recently and I have added one and will get to the other in due time. As these tables belong in a series (the derivation is described somewhere back in this thread :cup: :D ), I have them all below purely for everyone's amusement. (Click on thumbnails for full-size view) :bounce: :hyper: :bounce:

Very cool Turtle. Do you want a one-man show in Barcelona?

First video: YouTube - Katabatak base five multiplication triangular tables #2

These are not my standard Katabatak colors, rather those of the Slayer. In true Dog Warrior fashion, the palette is 1= not emerald green: 2= not burnt orange: 3= not royal blue metallic: 4= not pink

In this video I employ some digital functions such as Negative, Sepia, B&W, Solarize, etcetera. :turtle: :cup:

Haha.. Thats awesome!

:turtle: Looks good Turtle-san

As it turns out, I am so inept at mixing consistent matching batches....
You just reminded me of a house painter that my mom had paint most of the interior of several houses: This guy could hand-squirt tints into gallon cans and paint entire rooms the dead-on same color everywhere. It was *amazing* to watch him work...

I've spent hours haggling with graphic designers over a shade or two. Its fun or hell depending on the phase of the moon....

Tie-dyed,

Buffy