Science Forums

Katabatak Math-An Exploration In Pure Number Theory

Turtle

• 2 weeks later...
Possibly, but that depends on what 'significance' connotes. As to numerological, I have this analogy. If the adding together of digits is a shovel, then numerology is using that shovel to dig shallow postholes in all the wrong places and katabataks is using the shovel to mine gold in the deep where it lies.
I use the term numerology very loosely to mean anything that has mathematical "significance" or "correllation" so sometimes its deep and sometimes its shallow, but hopefully the former! :)
Whether significant or not, the purple streaks in the triangular graph happen to correlate to every 7th column in the square graph used to construct it. The black streaks appear to correlate to every seventh colum beginning with the first column of the square graph; black corresponds to a residue of one when divided by seven.
<AdamSavage>That's what I'm talkin' about!</AdamSavage> ...and since its Base 8, you'd kind of expect that huh!

Onto,

Buffy

Inspirational Turtle! I need to get my notes out on the Katabatakator... give me 60 days of occasional playing around to give you something to test. I plan on having a grid of definable proportions (triangle or square) that will be built from the parameters the user sets. Full spectrum of colors available, and high number of bases to set (probably the same number of bases as I built into the Numberator). I will attach it online, and post the code in the vb.net thread in case anyone wants to play with it.

60 days.

Bill

Turtle, I am not sure if I am just tired, or simply lost in the caverns. I know the k(n) formula, and I have a program that does this through base 180 or so. What I am trying to figure out is the formula you are using for your grids. You have column numbers across the top, and row numbers down the side. And you have a formula you apply to each grid space before applying the k(n) formula. What is that formula? Is it always the same, or are you varying it sometimes? I need this information for the Katabatakator.

thanks

Bill

Not so fast!

There is one more series that produces tables, but I have bothered only to construct 1 or 2. To whit, Katabatak Subtraction tables. This one is base twelve. :( :cup:

I had wondered about Subtraction. Does zero exist in Katabatak? If there is no zero then how can you graph subtraction?

Bill

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

what kind of equation would you need to make, for example, take one quadrant of your avatar and instead of having a cloud of points make it drop-shaped.

Meaning,

have them all come down to one point, and from this one point it goes up into the many pointed katabatak. do you see what I'm saying?

Like a balloon mind.

I had this vision earlier...

One point in my mind, my brain, like the pineal or something,

and then infinite or MANY lines coming out of that point upward like a cloud, balloon, brain.

Can you use katabatak to recreate this vision or should I be asking another department?

With chaos, I could easy construct a pretty trippy artistic visual of what I'm talking about.

But with mathematical precision with algorithms and mathematics (and with that amazing way you seem to bend graphs) I think it would look amazing.