Science Forums

Nature as GOD

Mike C

What a steaming load of crap! There are man-made chemicals. Are you saying science is NOT responsible for those?

Yes, science is not responsible. Science is nothing more than knowledge and the search for knowledge. Man made chemicals are exactly that, man made chemicals, not science made chemicals.

If one man stabs another with a knife would you say the knife is responsible or the man that used it? The knife, after all, has no intelligence of its own.

The only time I can think of where animals destroy the environment is when people complain about the way they 'fertilize' the soil in their environments.

This is unfortunate since when people feed the birds, they stay in that environment.

Mike C

How about locusts, or red tides? The only reason you don't see animals destroying their environments is because you choose not to see. I can show you the light but you have to open your eyes.

Yes, science is not responsible. Science is nothing more than knowledge and the search for knowledge. Man made chemicals are exactly that, man made chemicals, not science made chemicals.

If one man stabs another with a knife would you say the knife is responsible or the man that used it? The knife, after all, has no intelligence of its own.

Science should not be a whore sold to the highest bidder. This is exactly why much of the public does not trust the scientific community, it isn’t accountable for what it creates. If you still think it doesn’t you’re forgetting plutonium, genetic engineering.

Science should not be a whore sold to the highest bidder. This is exactly why much of the public does not trust the scientific community, it isn’t accountable for what it creates. If you still think it doesn’t you’re forgetting plutonium, genetic engineering.

I see nothing inherently wrong or evil about either one of those things. Besides the fact that plutonium is found in nature in tiny amounts and is not as many once believed only man made it can be used for many wonderful things besides nuclear weapons. some isotopes of plutonium cannot be used as weapons at all. Genetic engineering is not an evil thing it is a good thing that will be necessary fro the survival of mankind. you have been listening to the greenie fanatics too long my friend. Genetic engineering is no more or less dangerous than any other sort of altering animals and plants for use by humans it's just easier. You're going to have to do better than that to identify anything inherently evil other than humans themselves:evil:

If you still think it doesn’t you’re forgetting plutonium, genetic engineering.

You are trying to place the blame on knowledge. Knowledge itself is not at fault for anything.

Plutonium and genetic engineering can be abused like anything else but they're not responsible for that abuse. That blame lies solely with those that abuse them.

Yes, yes , yes, :( Very glad to have you on board:hyper:

Talk about misguided illogical visions of the future. The modem myth of escaping the earthly bonds, in a can. :eek_big:If that was the logical way to proceed from a terrestrial life to space, the heavens would be as full of life as the oceans are full of fish. The path is a dead end. I would rather follow Buddha are Martin Luther’s king visions than NASA's.

Talk about misguided illogical visions of the future. The modem myth of escaping the earthly bonds, in a can. :eek_big:If that was the logical way to proceed from a terrestrial life to space, the heavens would be as full of life as the oceans are full of fish. The path is a dead end. I would rather follow Buddha are Martin Luther’s king visions than NASA's.

Then you and those you influence into following your ideals will die at some point in the future when the Earth is destroyed by what ever disaster is 100% certain to occur. I am tired of trying to tell you that space colonies are not tin cans, if you can't see that then so be it, but it doesn't make you correct.

You are trying to place the blame on knowledge. Knowledge itself is not at fault for anything.

Plutonium and genetic engineering can be abused like anything else but they're not responsible for that abuse. That blame lies solely with those that abuse them.

That's true, but only after the fact. What we invest in today is many times not divulge until later. It is the responsibility of the public to keep abreast on what tax payer money is funding, {this means keeping up with science} to ensure the public well being is being preserved it should be the ultimate goal of research, and not just more power for the powerful.

Then you and those you influence into following your ideals will die at some point in the future when the Earth is destroyed by what ever disaster is 100% certain to occur. I am tired of trying to tell you that space colonies are not tin cans, if you can't see that then so be it, but it doesn't make you correct.

You can tell me to GO get ****ed, I wont be offended.:( GO AHEAD IT FEELS GOOD:)

That's true, but only after the fact. What we invest in today is many times not divulge until later. It is the responsibility of the public to keep abreast on what tax payer money is funding, {this means keeping up with science} to ensure the public well being is being preserved it should be the ultimate goal of research, and not just more power for the powerful.

Do you really think the general public has the wisdom to decide what research should be done and what shouldn't? No one can see into the future to see what any research done today, no matter how innocent or dangerous it may seem now, might do in the future.