Science Forums

UK Schools Drop Holocaust to Protect Muslim Sensibilities

Racoon

InfiniteNow

We see what we choose to see' date=' even when inaccurate or non-representative.

What I see is too many people on all sides being herded by the shepherds of disinformation and hate.

Always more in common than different. Always.[/Quote']

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

George Santayana (1863 - 1952), The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905

History is the witness that testifies to the passing of time; it illumines reality, vitalizes memory, provides guidance in daily life and brings us tidings of antiquity.

Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC), Pro Publio Sestio

Their are a lot of skeletons in the closets of the peoples of this world but we can not afford too repeat History at the expense of the innocent. :doh: this and other atrocities of the World should not be forgotten. :ohdear:

The Holocaust History Project Homepage

Holocaust Denial

Speaking as an Englishman I too find it vomitworthy. The truth is the truth and should be taught because it is a fact. All this rolling over and playing dead by the British (labour) government is sickening. It's like a ***** in heat wanting a male dog to have sex with it and that is the polite way of putting it - the rude way explains the situation even better!

We shouldn't be placating these people but putting them in their place - which is visitors to this country, not rulers over it. What have they got to offer us apart from a very arrogant attitude towards us? The Chinese came here and blended in as did the Indians and the West Indians (first generation anyway) but the Muslims - no way. Gone are the civilization creating arabs of medieval europe, replaced by the poor-me, griping victims of that part of the world.

It's not what you believe in but the attitude you take to others that believe something different (or nothing at all), that defines whether you're a 'hatist' or not (dead from the neck up). You can always tell a fanatic by their urge to stay separate from you because they see themselves as 'special' (choosen ones like the Nazi's or suicide bombers i.e. religious intolerants by any other name). Moderates are always peace loving and tolerant (liberal in their attitude towards others/ ordinary in the Zen way, that is not out for self-glorification but modestly getting on with their lives and slipping into the background, not publicity hungry freaks but settled and certain of their place in the world (no chips on their shoulder but self-responsible adults)

We shouldn't be placating these people but putting them in their place - which is visitors to this country, not rulers over it. What have they got to offer us apart from a very arrogant attitude towards us? The Chinese came here and blended in as did the Indians and the West Indians (first generation anyway) but the Muslims - no way. Gone are the civilization creating arabs of medieval europe, replaced by the poor-me, griping victims of that part of the world.

Bold added by me. You really like to lump large masses of people into little pigeon'd holes, eh? And this benefits "us" as a "globe," how? I seem to remember such language in the past. It has something to do with skin color. I also hear it often to describe those born in Mexico. Curious indeed.

It's not what you believe in but the attitude you take to others that believe something different (or nothing at all), that defines whether you're a 'hatist' or not (dead from the neck up). You can always tell a fanatic by their urge to stay separate from you because they see themselves as 'special' (choosen ones like the Nazi's or suicide bombers i.e. religious intolerants by any other name).

You do realize, right, that you've just described your own post I quoted here?

Moderates are always peace loving and tolerant (liberal in their attitude towards others/ ordinary in the Zen way, that is not out for self-glorification but modestly getting on with their lives and slipping into the background, not publicity hungry freaks but settled and certain of their place in the world (no chips on their shoulder but self-responsible adults)

I disagree with this characterization as well, but at least it's not hate filled. :bow:

If you're going to rant, at the very least focus it on the moron who decided not to teach this stuff, not the large mass of people used as the scapegoat for the decision.

Bold added by me. You really like to lump large masses of people into little pigeon'd holes, eh? And this benefits "us" as a "globe," how? I seem to remember such language in the past. It has something to do with skin color. I also hear it often to describe those born in Mexico. Curious indeed.

You do realize, right, that you've just described your own post I quoted here?

I disagree with this characterization as well, but at least it's not hate filled. :bow:

If you're going to rant, at the very least focus it on the moron who decided not to teach this stuff, not the large mass of people used as the scapegoat for the decision.

Sorry, don't understand who you are referring to in this last bit. Also you're missing the point, which is that a group ethic does exist (belief in bullshit in my opinion and no, I don't mean The Koran but peoples interpretation of this or anything else to justify their stance). Have you ever met any Muslims or lived in ghettoes they frequent (I don't mean slums just areas where they live together in large groups). Have you been to Muslim countries? (me neither with regard to the latter but yes to the former). Nazi Germany was a collective decision to act in a particular way (political, not religious). What I'm trying to point out here is that is its not about Islam but using that as an excuse to hide behind the law as some criminals do, to further victimise others and pretend that 'they' are in fact the victims. Good people are good people, no matter what their race, colour, sex, sexual persuasion or beliefs, political or religious. Intent describes the difference. I've seen how certain individuals within these communities try to suppress other, more liberal members of their community - at best calling them traitors and at worst beating the crap out of them for not towing the line (In Muslim countries women from the West can't go dressed as they do here and you can get thrown into prison for drinking but do they dress or act to fit in with our culture? No. You want to know what Nazi Germany was like in the 30's? Well I suggest you visit the least liberal of these countries now or join Amnesty International to get more facts and no, I know it isn't just Muslim Countries as America has supported some really bestial regimes in South America and elsewhere in the world. Why hasn't the Muslim World made the same technical progress the West has? (individuals have but as a policy for individual countries, no way). Do I see Iran as a big problem? Only because it has a hard line president opposite a stupid American one. Was Iraq a world problem with Saddam Hussain in power? No but now he's been removed by GW that situation has obviously changed: The problems there are about the collapse of a dominant power and the struggle of the rest of the pack to regain it for themselves.

Sorry but I think Political Correctness is bullshit disguised as the moral highground and I'm simply fed up with it (Fiddling while Rome burns or worrying about where the lifeboat should be fixed when the Titanic is sinking cuts no 'ice' with me anymore).

Talking of the thirties, this whole thread goes back to the policy of appeasement and where it led - a gradual retreat from Hitler until he had most of Europe in his hands. As for the allies - who really has clean hands in a war? (Not Stalin and with regards to the West, the victors rewrite history (cover up their own crimes): War brings out the worst in men as peace at least moderates it to some degree). Do I see Trinidad and Tobago making war on America? Has the Hindu world risen up against Britain? (Well yes it did actually but only through cricket nowadays). I see your points but despair you can't see mine and probably won't until the situation becomes enflammed again through another attempt at 9/11 OneUpManship (War is a sport someone once said and this is about teams, not individual human beings).

Sorry, don't understand who you are referring to in this last bit. Also you're missing the point, which is that a group ethic does exist (belief in bullshit in my opinion and no, I don't mean The Koran but peoples interpretation of this or anything else to justify their stance). Have you ever met any Muslims or lived in ghettoes they frequent (I don't mean slums just areas where they live together in large groups). Have you been to Muslim countries? (me neither with regard to the latter but yes to the former). Nazi Germany was a collective decision to act in a particular way (political, not religious). What I'm trying to point out here is that is its not about Islam but using that as an excuse to hide behind the law as some criminals do, to further victimise others and pretend that 'they' are in fact the victims. Good people are good people, no matter what their race, colour, sex, sexual persuasion or beliefs, political or religious. Intent describes the difference. I've seen how certain individuals within these communities try to suppress other, more liberal members of their community - at best calling them traitors and at worst beating the crap out of them for not towing the line (In Muslim countries women from the West can't go dressed as they do here and you can get thrown into prison for drinking but do they dress or act to fit in with our culture? No. You want to know what Nazi Germany was like in the 30's? Well I suggest you visit the least liberal of these countries now or join Amnesty International to get more facts and no, I know it isn't just Muslim Countries as America has supported some really bestial regimes in South America and elsewhere in the world. Why hasn't the Muslim World made the same technical progress the West has? (individuals have but as a policy for individual countries, no way). Do I see Iran as a big problem? Only because it has a hard line president opposite a stupid American one. Was Iraq a world problem with Saddam Hussain in power? No but now he's been removed by GW that situation has obviously changed: The problems there are about the collapse of a dominant power and the struggle of the rest of the pack to regain it for themselves.

Sorry but I think Political Correctness is bullshit disguised as the moral highground and I'm simply fed up with it (Fiddling while Rome burns or worrying about where the lifeboat should be fixed when the Titanic is sinking cuts no 'ice' with me anymore).

Talking of the thirties, this whole thread goes back to the policy of appeasement and where it led - a gradual retreat from Hitler until he had most of Europe in his hands. As for the allies - who really has clean hands in a war? (Not Stalin and with regards to the West, the victors rewrite history (cover up their own crimes): War brings out the worst in men as peace at least moderates it to some degree). Do I see Trinidad and Tobago making war on America? Has the Hindu world risen up against Britain? (Well yes it did actually but only through cricket nowadays). I see your points but despair you can't see mine and probably won't until the situation becomes enflammed again through another attempt at 9/11 OneUpManship (War is a sport someone once said and this is about teams, not individual human beings).

Wow.

A lot of "IF's" in your reaction there CraigD.

They don't care; good or bad Muslims.. You're an Infadel.

The fact we/governments who support their migrations, cower and bend over backwards to their demands seems kind of counter productive in my book.

I didn't insinuate all Muslims were bad.. We all know that slippery "label all" slope by now. :bow:

But the fact they want Holocaust teachings stricken from history lessons, ought to sicken you.

That was the point. If it offends "Muslims" enough to get it wiped off the educational slate, then I will generalize "Muslims" as those in the majority to get it stricken off the slate! and F* them for doing it!

Its called being human and seeing this crap thats going on..

I'm a liberal.. but I'm not of the philosophy that "Help everybody, everybody's special ,and equal, and don't say or do anything to offend"

Becuz' thats not reality.. thats ideality. and we do not live idealically.

And to pretend perfect idealism is going to happen is a pipe dream... At least in our life times.

Muslims want to take over if not kill the Infadels.

They don't wan't you to learn about the Jewish Holocaust. You might actually sympathize with them.

Who the F* gives the Muslim minority in the UK to say what should be taught in public schools?

Lawyers who want to ban anything "Offensive"

Guess what?

People are going to get offended. Offended is much more tolerable than being stabbed , shot, or blown up!

Way to go Rac! First they try to intimidate you to shut you up, then divided and conquered in spirit, set upon you physically because free speech (unity) has gone in society (I suggest you see the Paster Neimoller quote to see how the Nazi's work on you and 'Humour' is frowned on by the Politically Correct as they work to make you feel guilty about laughing at sacred cows as they try to subdue you (Zen): Fool me once, shame on me - fool me twice like this and shame on me for being so bloody stupid as its my and your survival we're being tricked into giving up through sheer logical progre-SS-ion)

The linked article in the first post was poorly written. It failed to quantify any data from the study. There was not a percentage of teachers and/or schools that failed to teach the Holocaust in the UK. It was clear that the government was concerned that it was not being taught. The fact that any teacher fails to teach accepted historical fact is disturbing no matter the reason. Students need to hear the truth period. What happened in the past is essential to their understanding of the world. Failing to teach certain facts robs students of a good education.

From the link below:

"In fact the government has reaffirmed that in England, teaching children about the Holocaust is compulsory, and it is not banned elsewhere in the UK."

BBC NEWS | UK | Education | Holocaust 'ban' e-mail confusion

Lets see how France deals with their large African Muslim immigration in the near future. :rant_red2:

No conflict there, right InfiniteNow? :rant_red2:

People just need to get along regardless if they don't want to get along.

I guess that depends. What is the demeanor on this large african muslim? Is it a he or a she?