Science Forums

Art Gallery

Turtle

I found it kind of hard to get good shots of my acrylic paintings.

Although, my camera picks up my sketches very well.

I have not been painting for very long,

Painting #5 (Le vent a pleuré pour une autre morsure lunaire)

Painting #3 (no name)

B) :photos: :hihi: B) I have trouble with the phtography as well. One of these days I may follow up on my threat to hunt down a professional to shoot my paintings in a studio. :Guns:

I really like number 5 the best....no wait...number 6 is the best...no hold it!...#5; yeah. no 6... oh crap! there is no #6. :doh: #3 definitely......the size fits good...nice work...B) :) B)

This Ball and Chain I carved out of a 3 in X 3 in X 12 in Yellow Pine post,

this was my First and so far only attempt at carving a chain I found that the hardest part of this project was trying to keep the links of the chain all the same size the first link is the most important I thought I had the size of the links well in hand but as you might be able to tell from the last pitcher the links turn out small, large, small, the ball part being the last part to be carved.

as a foot note when I started this project I didn't know what it was going to turn into I just started to remove wood and a Ball and Chain is what was left, the next one I do I'll sketch the chain on all for sides of the block be for I start carving to insure even link size.

Tools used pocket knife 4 in blade and a Hobie knife (small razor knife) for inside links.

it took 6 months to carve this working 3 to 4 hr a day,

if I forgot any info on this or the the head in my previous post that you would like to know about let me know and I'll be more then happy to answer you.

if I forgot any info on this or the the head in my previous post that you would like to know about let me know and I'll be more then happy to answer you.

i particularly like the head. brotherly conduct on that. it has movement & mood. sehr gut! did you use the same tools on the head? do you have piles of wood to match the pile of folders on the desk behind the chain? :Alien: how long have you been carving?

ooopppsss... too much shop talk? i always have a pot o' java on over in the woodshop; drop by anytime. thanks for posting. :rotfl: :turtle:

love the solo totem, doug :turtle:

here's an acrylic piece I've been workin' on :rotfl::Alien:

:evil:

:eek::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup: :cup::cup::cup:

Thanks orbsycli,

here is drawing I was playing with some shapes and colors

Turtle

i particularly like the head. brotherly conduct on that. it has movement & mood. sehr gut! did you use the same tools on the head? do you have piles of wood to match the pile of folders on the desk behind the chain? how long have you been carving?

ooopppsss... too much shop talk? i always have a pot o' java on over in the wood shop; drop by anytime. thanks for posting.

used pocket knife 4 in blade, Thanks for the Link I search for Wood and Woodwork but the search reveled nothing (I knew it was out there) put on the Java. :shrug:

:sherlock:

orbsycli

mspaint.exe is awesome.

you can copy//paste//rotate your images to make symmetrical mandalas.

gotta love girls.

Don't know haven't tried but like the idea I'll have to try it out and see. ;)

Feel free to play with it if you ( orbsycli, Turtle) want to, you have free access. ;)

:clue: :eek: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: Keep the coffee hot I'm coming over.

Yerba!

Mate contains xanthines, which are alkaloids in the same family as caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine, well-known stimulants also found in coffee and chocolate. Mate also contains elements such as potassium, magnesium and manganese. [11] Caffeine content varies between 0.3% and 1.7% of dry weight (compare this to 2.5–4.5% for tea leaves, and 1.5% for ground coffee).