Science Forums

Art Gallery

Turtle

Hello Turtle,

Actually the camera is a small PC camera on a 3 way mount as per the setup image. The 2 mirrors are at right angles to each other and are placed so that they touch the screen...

Yo Laur. :dance: Whether transferable in any useful way to cosmology or not, my immediate artistic reaction to your technique is to, #1, add a 3rd mirror to the right angle setup and aim the camera toward the corner, and #2, try 2 mirrors at 60 deg, then try adding a third to make a tetrahedral reflector. Aim camera at corner as for the cube.

Note: the tetrahedral setup will require some glass cutting; wear eye protection! :bloom:

I have begun brush sealing chacmool's blues with mod podge. The strokes are short, but they are thick. :turtle: :beer-fresh:

vesica piscis flower generating one of the oldest and most deserving of disabusing of all crosses.

In-depth article >> Swastika and the Swavastika Crosses

Of all the various titles given this cross & its variations, I like this one:

The swavastika represents Paravritti - the expansion of the universe (Sanskrit 'para' = 'beyond', 'vritti' = 'vortex').

Note that the direction of rotation of the arms determines whether the cross is a 'swastika' or a 'swvastika'.

Just so, the vesica piscis flower with Paravritti cross.

Is there a mathematical algorithm that aligns with chamool's blues or was it a jazzy improvisation?

There is an aligning mathematical algorithm, but I'm blue in the face from talking about it. Just gotta listen with your eyes now jazz man. :cup: :)

can't even imagine what it would be.

I wonder if my brain is able to calculate it, but all the layers of my ego are unable to translate your divinity.

I see it. I love it. But I do not see it the way I hear music.

ah men

As it turns out, knowing the calculation is of little to no aid in seeing chacmool's blues. Hell, I can't even find the center & I layed the thing out! It is far more than the sum of its parts.

However, I consent to burden you with some math anyway. The rectangle that bounds the piece is a Golden Rectangle; that is, the ratio of the long side to the short side is Phi.

I unpinned it all yesterday and took the mylar down, and now I have it pinned up hanging vertically. Since I don't have a space big enough to back away from it very far, I have been zooming in & out on the computer photo....jazzy. :cup: :)

hella jazzy

man! now I'm goin' through the scraps of canvas for more projects. I tried colored pencil on gesso in a 8"x5" piece & if I was the burnin' kind, I'd burn it. :eek: Now I got a 18"x11/1/8" piece started using the same technique I used for chacmool's blues. So far, so good. Shouldn't take me more than a couple of days of jammin. Maybe it will turn out classical instead of jazz? :hihi: Betcha can't eat just one! :D :lol:

Hallucinate:

As of late I've been painting with glow in the dark acrylics on thick big paper.

I cut the paintings out of the paper, and tack them to a wall like a bubble.

They stick out, and glow in the dark, and I wish I could show you, but I gave them all away. (Friend got a new house. White walls drive me insane)

Hallucinate:

As of late I've been painting with glow in the dark acrylics on thick big paper.

I cut the paintings out of the paper, and tack them to a wall like a bubble.

They stick out, and glow in the dark, and I wish I could show you, but I gave them all away. (Friend got a new house. White walls drive me insane)

I was thinking to talk about the craft some too. Where do you get the paper and what is it intended for? Glow in the dark huh! Mmmmm....:hihi: :hihi: ;) That idea merits some further investigation on my part. :D I have made so little that I either keep it or loan it. I figure if I can stick with it, in 5 years I'll have enough pieces for a show.

I'm sold on using the raw canvas. It's around $3 yard (64"x36"). This new piece below, I didn't wash the canvas and stretch it wet like I did for the big one; it's a little ripply, but not completely dry. Loooooooove the mod podge! Gotta get more. time: 5 hours materials: $2US :cup: :hihi: