Science Forums

Art Gallery

Turtle

• 4 weeks later...
something in me orby made me want to say that if I was Basquiat I would paint some words across your lorax like you were some kinda Warhol. but then i found this popular art that satisfied the urge. 1 lumop or two? :D :piratesword:

perhaps that is too obscure a reference. :rainbow: In the movie about Basquiat, there is a scene where he is with Warhol and Andy is showing him new works; Basquiat takes up a brush and paints some words on Warhols new piece. they discuss it.

i think about it a lot, and when i first saw it, if i had been Warhol I would have gone balistic.:fluffy: Warhol just rolled with wave though. :eplane: Now when I see art with words, particularly words seemingly contrary to the image, Basquiat pops in my head.

about Basquiat and his art. >> Jean-Michel Basquiat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

about the movie.>> Basquiat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The poster image I put up above epitomizes my impressions of a Basquiat/Warhol cooperation. If you burn the Lorax print Orby, wil you first write "turtle was here" on it? How bout that cup now? :wave2: :rolleyes:

mmmm. Already gave it away. Do you want a lorax piece?

If anyone actually wants something from me

inspiration automatically manifests...so...

gotta go right now, will be back later...

i hadn't specifically thought about actually owning a piece of yours. :giggle: :D :piratesword: i have to mull that over with all it entails for a reclusive minimalist. an exchange of pieces between us would satisfy art though. mmmmm....musing....mulling...ooooommmmmm....

now here is what i started with more or less that if you make a piece and it's one you plan to burn then i can participate vicariously if you paint words on the piece right before the match that brings me.:rolleyes:

hey orby!!!!???? oooooooorrrrrrrrbyyyyyyyyy!!!!???? let's design new avatars for each other!!!!???? be there, but make it square??? any other rules before I start? ????? ;) :rotfl: :rotfl: once we get them done, we have to wear them for a week, then we virtually burn them here in the weightroom.

oooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrbyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!???? Mr. orbsycli to a blue courtesy phone please...will the orbsyclimeister please go to a blue courtesy phone...:Alien: :eek: :P

I love it, man. So shamanic, so multiplying...reminds me of my dreams...I always switch from observer to observer, hopping in and out of mental models. Gracias, mi amigo de la noche.

:doh: Excellent! I tried to emulate your style...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :ohdear: See you here next Sunday for a communal virtual burn?? :omg:

sabbath indeed

written in yellow on your avatar, find these words: "in the beginning was the word, and the word was om". hint: the 'o' in 'om' surrounds the main shaman's mouth. there is enough more hidden things in there to choke a shaman's horse. :lol: :hihi: