Science Forums

What are you listening to right now?

Boerseun

• 3 weeks later...

Dudes & dudettes....

I see he's never been mentioned on these hallowed pages before, so, if I may, I have the distinct pleasure to introduce mr. Josh Ritter:

To quote the topmost reply on that page:

"I've never heard of this guy before, but by the holy **** of jesus ****ing christ, he's the next Bob mother****ing Dylan."

Pardon the profanity, but I have to agree with that particular opinion. This guy is simply awesome. If you can get your grubby paws on the rest of his stuff, it's well worth it. I just got his latest CD, "So Runs The World Away", and on it, he sounds like the bastard child produced by the unholy union of Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, and, would you believe it, Sting. The latter shines though in "The Curse" and "Another New World". It's simply fan-farkin'-tastic. True story. There are a few bombs as well, but what the hell - one or two dodgy songs out of a pile of brilliant ones is not bad going at all.

Give it a gander, you won't be sorry...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a coincidence. :D

I've been spending the afternoon ripping CDs to load into my GPS/MP3. Transferred another 1/2 G to the 4 G SD card.

Depending on when you posted it could have been Arlo Guthrie, Dianne Shur, Leon Redbone, Classicals, Eagles, Jimmy Buffet....well you get the idea. :)

I have diverse tastes in music.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...