Science Forums

Death....is it the end?

Kizzi

Is my death the end of my existence?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is my death the end of my existence?

The best questions that can be asked are, what is the universe doing ? what is its “intent”.

Then instead of seeking an answer, seek instead a dynamical view point that creates more questions more mystery. This way conciseness takes the shape of an ever expanding deepening pool.

Most humans see the world as something to be defined and dispatched into categories.

This kills the universe by focusing more attention on the map than territory.

Scientist sometime believe that their view point are the only view points, just as religions dogma sometimes limit’s the potential of experiencing the territory of the internal and eternal.

This “second attention” can not be gained though a consensus, it can only be achieved by the individual spirit aligning with the great spirit.

This spiritual maturity is always preceded by acts of faith. These are acts of letting go, Letting go the comfort of the social view point. Letting go judgment. Letting go the constant comparisons we make between ourselves and our fellow man. Letting go of self image.

After I had written the above I then came across this passage in, Return Of The Bird Tribes

quote:

Trust in God by honoring and trusting your intuitive sense. No God would create a creature without the wisdom to chart its own course! Trust the nature of your own design. God’s actions appear within your awareness as the most natural thing for you to do . Following them will reconnect you with the awesome powers of the universe, for all your actions will then be in harmony with the underlying intent of the life force itself.

Ken Cary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.

Richard Bach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're going to die a horrible death, remember. It's all good training, and you'll enjoy it more if you keep the facts in mind.

Take your dying with some seriousness, however. Laughing on the way to your execution it not generally understood by less advanced lifeforms, and they'll call you crazy.

Richard Bach

• 4 weeks later...

It is the end of your life.

I have been theorizing this thought for a long time and beleive it is not the end to all things.... The fact that we can think and say and feel the term " I AM" leads to an interesting consideration.

What makes "YOU" know that you are you. If we look at animals it does not appear that they have the ability to have self conciousness, that is, to understand that you ARE and make judgement and choice upon that fact.

It is true through recent studies that our unconcious part of the brain is more or less the controler of what we do and our concious is mainly along for the ride.

One study shows how our conciousness is able to command our body as if everything is our robot and our conciousness is the commander.

In this study of determining whether our conciousness was really in control or not they used several , what do you call, trickery imagines. they would put 2 equall sized coins on a table and surrond each coin with other coins (circular objects more or less). Around 1 coin they would surround it with larger coins. Around the other coin they would surround it with smaller coins, it would create an optical illusion that made the center coins look very much different sizes.

Then the test subjects were asked to grab the center coin. So in there minds they would command there body to reach for the coin only to find that regardless of which coin they went for their hand would have no change in size even though it looked as though one was bigger. The unconcious/subconcious whatever part of your brain is uneffected by optical illusions, the images your conciouss and subconcious see are different. If you could create an optical illusion that made one coin look to you twice the size and you went to grab it... you would find that unconciously you knew it wasnt bigger and your hand would grab it at the normal size. In effect probably making you think your hand became bigger and smaller.

So it appears as though somehow when or if we evolved a concious part of our brain we suddenly became SOUL WILL's in control of an automaton.. Or otherwise speculated as soul wills along the ride of a automaton functioning life form. In this it says that somehow we have an extra conciousness compared to other life forms. As though we are of somthing more than just a compilation of molecules.

People born with unproperly developed "concious" parts of the brain or less there of, find it more difficult to communicate to this thing we call ourselves and function much more as of in the now and as of an automaton. Great thinkers or high IQ individuals are able to find it easy to "imagine" and have this feeling of connection to there conciousness. Facts also show that these more concsious humans tend to live much longer than others, related to most likely greater choices although other having other possible explanations.

And more yet people with greater spiritual abilities, like visionaries have greater sized pineal glands.. The center unknown brain material. Known as a chakra to some. These people have feelings of pressure inside directly behind there eyes in the center of their head from this expanded brain material which is apparent to be the connector of higher level thinking or communication.

Visionaries have knowledge which feels to be almost downloaded to them, symbolic imagery which has very acurate and logical reasoning connected with it.

Then there is the fact that Light is mirrored on the eyeball. Our brain has to be cross wired like it is to compensate for this fact. ALthough our concious area of the brain is unaware of this strange mirrored world... our unconcious part of the brain is not. Not to call it fact but, think about how your right side of your brain controls your left and your left controls your right side... data comes in the eyes to a data center and splits out creating a left and right. Although the world is not in reverse in reality our subconsious brain sees it this way. Luckily our concious brain does not experience this strange problem.. Which seems more to do with just evolutions as far as I am concirned.

Once your body dies I feel as though you (and im not refering to your body) will dissconnect. As if you are a radio controller. Picture a type of beam of light coming from "source" that sticks to your body. Although in reality not a real 3 dimensional beam of light but rather a multi dimensional type of arua which originates from one place but takes a ride on human life. I dont swear by this discription but it has crossed my mind as an idea.

On a personal note.. I have always been able to see blueish whiteish glows on people and more specifically myself. If someone moves and I am not focused with my eyes I can see a haze follow them like a streaker..and tends to fall away about 6inches.. when they stop it quickly returns. It is basically a 1inch outline that replicates the shape of the material and follows with some delay of moving material.. It could be the informatino still existiing on my retina for a brief moment..

But try it sometime. In a medium lit room. hold your hand out arms lenght in front of your face as if you are doing a stop signal. Make sure you are looking towards a dark area and look past your hand and unfocus your yes. then move your hand a few inches left or right at regular pace speed. (same speed you would grab a glass of water) you should see a white haze follow your hand. sometimes it is better visible if you move about 6 inches quite quickly and stop. The thing is I can see it on other people sometimes.. and at different amounts.. always lived with it and never thought much of it.

Besides the fact, If you have something to beleive in... You can learn to not fear death. Death is inevitable. If you understand that there is more to life than making a few bucks and actually making a difference.. then if death is the cost of accomplishing that thing then so be it.. As long as you are confident with the fact that you have a beleif that you are you and that will never change. I am learning to lose fear of death. This does not mean to not want to live.. Wanting to live is the most important part but living uselessly and wanting to lvie is somthing I can not be content with. Living for a reason and dieing for one to is somthing I beleive we need to re-learn.

Personally if I become quite a successful person I would rather not go out as an old man who is off his rocker. That ruins the whole honor of your life and theres no reason to take up so space when you become useless theres kids here than need there turn and you should gladly give them that.

So I beleive if I dont live to the age of going cenial and sick.. then that means I made proper use of my time. 80 seems like a good age to go. As long as I get to see a few grand kids and things like that....

i must say the answer is either yes or no. It depends on the Homo sapiens sapiens!

Let's look at the article about "Human Destination".

Humans apply different approaches to attempt to answer fundamental questions about topics like the nature of the universe (cosmology), its creation (cosmogony) and destruction (eschatology), and our place in it – who we are, why we are here, what happens after life, and more. Broadly speaking, these questions can be addressed and beliefs formed from a number of approaches and perspectives, such as religion, science, philosophy (particularly ontology within metaphysics), esotericism, and mysticism. However, these approaches are not mutually exclusive. For example, an expert scientist can be highly religious, have a philosophy of life, and follow any number of esoteric or mystical practices.

Four major approaches to forming beliefs about the nature of the universe (cosmology) include religious cosmology, scientific or physical cosmology, metaphysical cosmology and esoteric cosmology.

The earliest form of cosmology appears in the origin beliefs of many religions as they seek to explain the existence and nature of the world. In many cases, views about the creation (cosmogony) and destruction (eschatology) of the universe play a central role in shaping a framework of religious cosmology for understanding a person's role in the universe and its relationship to one or more divine beings.

Religion—sometimes used interchangeably with “faith” or “belief system”—is commonly defined as belief concerning the supernatural, sacred, or divine, and the moral codes, practices, values, institutions and rituals associated with such belief. In the course of the development of religion, it has taken a huge number of forms in various cultures and individuals.

There are a number of perspectives regarding the fundamental nature and substance of humans.

Materialism, Monotheism, Pantheism, Monism, Taoism, Esotericism, Mysticism and lots of beliefs.

The part that gets me so badly.. is this.

I can understand the science and evolution explanations of life 100%.. and beleive it is true. What I dont get is how and why does a baby invelope a self conciousness of itself over time. WHen you are sperm, then fetis, you are a subconcious organism. Eventually you learn to know yourself and contain memory and discover imagination. This aspect of life simply does not relate to sciece as far as I am concirned. There is something to each individual that to me seems to be beyond scientific description.

This is supposed to be the year of great questioning and mystery understanding. Next year is the claimed to be a year of answers.

Strange as it is, This year I questioned thousands of life related topics, studied the bible for the first time, and several other things.

Not to mention the fact I have designed the ultimate ENGINE

If I could only get someone to beleive me and help me we would change the world... I swear by all that I am.

• 2 weeks later...

well, my answear will have to be "no"

Let me explain myself,

We all know one thing in fizics, nothing is lost all is transformed. so therfore we will also transform into a difrent Phase.

Also if we take a second to look around we will notice that everything is energy, nature is energy This universe is energy , and ou body is energy..energy that is never lost.

I belive that the propre question would have to be :Are we going to be aware in "Death".

Now this is a difrent question . one that i cannot answear.

But thing of this and you will find your answear : If i thing before my birth i cant rember anything, but in the same time i dont really care if i existed or not, i care about this life and to make it eternal, well maybe in your next life you will be saying the same thing..(that you dont care about your passt life and you care about the present one) so basicly what i want to say is "It dosent really matter, you will always existe and the way nature work's..well it work's for the best this way.

I would also like to add one more thing.

Most people belive that our mind is us and that we are our mind..well most people go crazy because of that.

We are more then our minds our mind is simply a link to our biological energy , and that energy is what we had before and what we will have in a future life.

• 4 weeks later...

when I die... i will no longer be what I am now... but it won't be the end... the energy that once WAS me... will go on into eternity. I don't think energy just dies. It's constantly being recycled into new forms of energy. I will never again be this concious... although, the matter than once made me concious... could go on to help some other pile of matter become concious. But I, will never again be concious. Death, that's it..... but I will live on, damnit. Wether I know it or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not know, so the optimist in me says no, it is not the end. I tell my wife that I am immortal, although prone to accidental death. As long as I stay out of trouble's way I will live forever. Then I go on about how she is just my practice wife, and that I will do much better with wife number two, but I digress...

I think that as long as you are remembered, and you life is honored by those who survive you, that you are not dead. You are not truely dead until your existance is no longer of any positive consequence to any living person. Sometimes I am amazed at how many peole are already dead.

I hope to be clever enough that if I eventually do die I can keep people jumping for years. Like being the crazy old relative with all the big bucks who makes people perform crazy stunts to get a share of the inheritance. That would be a great way to keep on living.

Another idea is to take my body, bury me in an open field and plant an acorn in my chest. The Oak that takes root would be a living thing nurtured by me in death. Maybe there would be a tire swing and laughing kids. Or a tree fort and pirate games. Or maybe the local teenagers would cover the tree in toilet paper on the anneversary of my death. My grandkids and great grandkids could carve their initials in the tree. And all the birds and squirrels. I think I would like to do the tree thing. For me, that would qualify as still being alive. I hope wife number 257 remembers to do that for me.

Bill

Hatch, match, snatch. Get over it and enjoy the interregnum.

definatley.

death is the end. you are gone. it is not the end of ALL but it might as well be.

if you dont exist, who cares if anyone else does.

but should we be afraid? no!

i dont think that i could stay in this place much longer than 90 or so years anyway.:hihi:

peace.

The question is,

Is death the end of my existence?

and the answer to this question is No, actually.

Jimi hendrix is dead.

has been for years.

but when you listen to his songs

his hands working that instrument, and his vocals

you feel the energy that he ONCE had

that he transformed

as a stamp

in the dimensions of time and space

and now, we can receive this energy freely!

whenever we want!

Jimis existence IS.

and when he vanishes from our minds

he will finally be dead.

Legends just knew how to work their energy!