• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#18 Canoliguy

Canoliguy

Curious

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

And now that I think about it in SAO the first episode kirito plugged the nerve gear into it looked like a eithernet port so if he did then theoretically his computer would act as the computing force (the core) for the nerve gear. The computer only interprets and relays information the nervegear receives and outputs the actual data. I may be wrong about this though.

#19 BrainJackers

BrainJackers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

The wiki describes Kirito's PC having a 24GHz Diamond processor IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nerve Gear had some on board chips though (at least a data converter/formatter).

--@Kayaba

#20 Coaren

Coaren

Curious

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

How's it going guys? My name in this wonderful forum is Coaren. I'm a rather ambitious person and ever since being exposed to FullDive Technology through SAO and the sorts it has led me to a point where I believe that it is possible within the foreseeable future. Some of you have debated the possibility of using external methods for a "Deep Dive" or the Non-BCI methods however I believe that should not be what we should strive for, the point of FullDive Technology is to completely immerse yourself, which in turn can have many benefiting factors, even medical as seen in season 2 of SAO. I believe, that Abiisu is on the right track. If we can find a way to intercept the brains signals before reaching the rest of the body that it will solve many of the issues being disccussed previously such as temperature, taste, balance, etc...

#21 Abiisu

Abiisu

Curious

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

I really think that most of the posts in this forum focuses on how we could go full-dive physically, by providing equipment's for the whole body, As mentioned by Coaren, the point of FullDive Technology is to completely immense yourself in VR. Learning more about the brain will provide us with a good understanding about its connection with the rest of the body (this whole thing was discussed earlier). >> If we could create data types in order to capture brain signals such as the use of different data types in programming (Int, String, Double, etc.) The communication between the brain and the machine will be more structurally organized. I'm still a curious individual who know nothing about neuroscience, but this may be an awesome fact in brain communication.  :pardon: 

Edited by Abiisu, 23 June 2017 - 06:57 AM.

#22 Panther

Panther

Curious

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:19 AM

In a True VR system, we wouldn't want to cut off their brain signals from their bodies. The best way we could possibly add smell and other factors into the game is using carefully placed electromagnetic fields to stimulate parts of the brain. You can read more about this concept here: http://www.cell.com/...(17)30584-6.pdf

Intercepting brain signals would simply be too difficult while there are other options available such as stimulation and concepts such as Ipsihand (an eeg managed to control a prosthetic through the user imagining to move an arm). Imagining to move vs actually moving will be a good enough barrier between the games for it to not mess up the users normal life outside of VR. 

I think with the added images and senses, imaging to move would be just as immersive. I'm sure, however, researchers will open up many other possibilities in the near future. 

Thanks for all the responses!

Edited by Panther, 24 June 2017 - 05:30 PM.